Wanted to share my 51 pound loss pics, and p90x results :)

Options

Replies

• oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    Amazing! And from someone who just weighed in at 211 this morning, you have given me so much hope.
    Keep up the great work.

PS Stretch marks from pregnancy are nothing but a badge of honor. Don't be ashamed of them, they are beautiful. My sister calls hers her "Tiger Stripes" and I love that. You "earned" those growing life be happy about your whole body. It's perfect!!!
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What an inspiration.....
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful and positive responses! I appreciate the support and you all make me feel fabulous!!

So amazing and inspirational. I just finished week 3 of P90x. Can't wait until I can post my 90 days pics :) You Rock!

Just one question: Did you follow P90x diet or did you just count calories on here?

I did follow the ratios that the nutrition plan advised, but I did NOT follow the calorie recommendations! Their plan had me at 3000 calories per day, which would have resulted in my not losing very much weight at all. I think it's perfect if you are just trying to build muscle mass though! I am sticking with the 3rd phase nutrition when I do round 2. That had the best results for me personally, and was the most comfortable style of eating. The higher level of carbs gave me the energy to really kick my workouts up a notch! I am eating about 1500-1600 calories per day. (with the exception of the last few days since I had surgery!)
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Wow I am totally convinced now I have been debating for a week now rather or not to buy these DVDs. My baby is 6 months now and I have lost some weight but I just need something with an extra kick. You look great WTG!

Thank you very much! I say if you are on the fence, go for it! Don't let the program intimidate you! They do recommend that you have a somewhat good level of endurance and stamina for starting the program. I wouldn't recommend it to a fitness beginner though. It may be something to work up to in that situation.
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Wow you really look amazing. I wish i could get started again.

What is the P90X?

x

Thank you very much!

P90x is a fitness program geared toward building a strong muscular body. It is a fairly intense set of 12 dvds that come with a nutrition plan designed to help you see results from the program. There are a few different programs that they offer, all based from the original set of dvds. There is classic, which focuses on building strength and muscle, lean, which focuses a bit more on toning and weight loss, and then there's doubles, which involves doing two workouts on some days for maximum results. I did the lean program. The infomercials are all over the tv, or you can check them out at beachbody.com. They also sell them on QVC!
  • patelt
    patelt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    congrats, you look absolutely fab........................i started MFP 12th feb weighing in at 13stones 2 pounds today I am 11stones 7 pounds, need to lose another 2 stones................i'll keep your before and after pics in my mind to motivate me. Thanks for posting them, maybe when I've reached my goal weight I'll do the same to motivate others.

well done again Tibha
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    hey girl...u looking good...just started yesterday..i am 47yrs old...my problem area is my tummy...i have a a huge tractor tyre which i cant get rid off and its hanging ..apron tummy after my children..any ideas how to get toned up...

Thank you for the compliment! I can definitely relate to the tummy problems! I knew I was in trouble when the baby was 3 or 4 months old, and my 10 year old asked me if I was having another baby!! While you can target your tummy with toning exercises- and it doesn't have to be crunches and situps, planks, kicking moves, and vertical ab work does wonders!- you can strengthen those muscles and firm the area, but the only real thing that will fix that is overall weight loss. :( I wish there was a magic exercise!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Girl, you look amazing! What an accomplishment to lose 51 lbs!! You are the one that motivated me to step it up, and I am thankful for that! Woohoo! You look GREAT!

Well you inspire me right back! You look fab too!!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    Amazing! And from someone who just weighed in at 211 this morning, you have given me so much hope.
    Keep up the great work.

PS Stretch marks from pregnancy are nothing but a badge of honor. Don't be ashamed of them, they are beautiful. My sister calls hers her "Tiger Stripes" and I love that. You "earned" those growing life be happy about your whole body. It's perfect!!!

Congrats on your progress so far!! You will definitely get there! Keep up the great work!!

LOL on the tiger stripes. We have to love our bodies! They're the only ones we get!
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You did so well. Way to go girl!

It is such a commitment.
    I am doing ISANITY right now. 60days. I am starting week 2. I will try P90x in September I think.

I agree with you that these beachbody programs are FAB.
    I started off with Turbo Jam and had 15 lb lost after my daughter. I did that 2x's. I finished Chalean extreme. She is SOOOO Fantastic. Now Sean T and INSANITY....he is wonderful....and cute..!!!lol

Just the great energy you get after a workout makes you want to do it again the next day. I am in the grove...and hope I get some good results like you.
    You must be thrilled.
  • tattoodfreek
    Options
    congrats, you look absolutely fab........................i started MFP 12th feb weighing in at 13stones 2 pounds today I am 11stones 7 pounds, need to lose another 2 stones................i'll keep your before and after pics in my mind to motivate me. Thanks for posting them, maybe when I've reached my goal weight I'll do the same to motivate others.

well done again Tibha

Thank you Tibha!! You have had wonderful progress so far!! Keep up your hard work!! I can't wait to see YOUR after pics!!
  • tattoodfreek
    Options

It is such a commitment.
    I am doing ISANITY right now. 60days. I am starting week 2. I will try P90x in September I think.

I started off with Turbo Jam and had 15 lb lost after my daughter. I did that 2x's. I finished Chalean extreme. She is SOOOO Fantastic. Now Sean T and INSANITY....he is wonderful....and cute..!!!lol

Just the great energy you get after a workout makes you want to do it again the next day. I am in the grove...and hope I get some good results like you.
    You must be thrilled.

Thank you very much! I have tried some of the Insanity workouts, and was considering doing a round of Insanity myself. I don't enjoy them as much though! I do like the feeling you have after completing one though, like you just conquered the world! Congrats to you for your wonderful dedication to complete it! You can do it!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You really do look amazing! I have attempted to start it so many times, but I can not push myself to finish, though, as I continue to see success pictures, it makes me wanna give it a try one more time. (I've just don't like the TV, I like in person workouts). Did you do the classic or cardio version?
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I need to lose about 50 pounds also. I am down 23lbs and seeing this post gives me hope. There are some days where I seriously have to drag myself out of bed to go work out. Your pics just inspire me to keep at it and in the end it will be worth it. Congrats again!
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options

It is such a commitment.

You must be thrilled.

Thank you very much! I have tried some of the Insanity workouts, and was considering doing a round of Insanity myself. I don't enjoy them as much though! I do like the feeling you have after completing one though, like you just conquered the world! Congrats to you for your wonderful dedication to complete it! You can do it!

So do you think it is like rain drop torture doing Insanity? That is what I kinda relate it too!!!lol

So p90x is somwhat more injoyable....I guess!!lol
  • gnakazawa
    gnakazawa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am starting P90X tomorrow. I have lost about 40 pounds and have 10 to go....hoping the P90X will give me that edge.

Well done...you should be very proud of yourself!
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    GENERAL YUCKINESS??

Not for a second. You look awesome. Congratulations on working so hard and your amazing results!!!
  • jeena
    jeena Posts: 29
    Options
    your pics where awesome and much congratulations to you on the adventure you are on. my little one has just hit 3 months and i am not going to being one of those moms saying its baby weight when she is older. i did p90x before my pregnancy and i think that is what got me pregnant. just remember on this journey you are not alone and your story has helped motivate others. thanks again !!!! :happy:
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing these pics with me - I really need to invest in p90x LOL
  • NaturalMom
    NaturalMom Posts: 85
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic. I bet you feel fabulous, too! You have inspired me to try the P90x. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!