Easter cheat day: yes or no ?

Options

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it, but I just made it (barely) under my calories. We had a nice, big Easter dinner, but I stopped myself before I ate too much. I hate that overstuffed feeling, and I'm learning to avoid it now. Technically it's my JMBR off day, but I did the cardio DVD because I needed the burn.
  • allensachers
    allensachers Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A little over my allotment, but stayed away from all sweets, no chocolate and no desserts, but too much dinner. Also did not get walk in, but tomorrow is a new day and plan to be diligent and back on track.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I planned my calories before the meal and stuck to them. I was 95% sure I would have a binge!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Those damned almonds got me again.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A net of 1663 . . . which is not too bad at all (especially considering that involved a 1/2 cup of peanut M&Ms).
  • terrifkennedy
    Options
    Yes, its DeFiNiTeLy a cheat WeEkEnD! Last night's party food (donut holes and red velvet cake) and today's sunday brunch mimosas and tres leches cake did me in! Cleaning the house to try and mitigate the damage..and maybe have a cleaner house.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yes.

Back to grind tomorrow though!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cheat day lol.... more like cheat weekend

truer words were never spoken!
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    6AM work out at the gym. Easter lunch followed up with a Easter dinner. Not a good diet day. I will do better tomorrow!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Nah, I was already satisfied with eating my goal of 3600 calories today. :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    ZZZZZzzzz

food coma
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Of course!!!!

But, I don't call it a cheat day, I cal it a treat day.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Not really. I knew Easter was coming.... its been on the calendar for months :wink: so I ate a deficit for several days last week.:flowerforyou:

I did eat a ton of crap I typically wouldn't eat but it was guilt-free and delicious!:drinker:
  • gergelz12
    Options
    I was a mess this entire weekend. I think I have eaten 10000 more calories than I should have. It was Easter, and my wife's birthday celebration. I was 170 on Thursday (lost 60 lbs over the course of the year) and today I am 183.

I feel terrible. I will be right back on my plan tomorrow, but I hope this craziness I put myself through doesn't keep me at this weight.
  • fractalbrain
    fractalbrain Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nope...although my parents did look at me strange when I went digging for a scale and measuring cup to bring to the table. I gotta say this was the most bloat free, headache free Easter ever! I certainly made sure I had some of everything though.

Oh no, does this mean the end of my annual Thanksgivingpassedoutonthefloorfullofstuffing time? Yip.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I was a mess this entire weekend. I think I have eaten 10000 more calories than I should have. It was Easter, and my wife's birthday celebration. I was 170 on Thursday (lost 60 lbs over the course of the year) and today I am 183.

I feel terrible. I will be right back on my plan tomorrow, but I hope this craziness I put myself through doesn't keep me at this weight.
    Don't worry, you didn't pack on 13 lbs of fat in a weekend. It's probably water and will come back off this week.
  • madelinemcgee
    madelinemcgee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nope, Candy was never my thing anyways
    Lucky :P that's my constant struggle and craving unfortunately. Wish it was fruit.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

If it was only 10,000 then at most you only permanently gained a little under 3 lbs.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I overate by around the same, and I am a female, and live alone, so I had none of the excuses you did, lol. All chocolate calories.
    Dont think I have ever gained 13 Ibs immediately though from it. My worst was 5 Ibs overnight after eating 2 loaves of bakery fruit bread. It wont all be genuine weight, you should see it drop off over the coming days as long as you get back on track and drink plenty of water. A big dump will sort some of it out too.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It was going to be a no but it turned into a yes :bigsmile: didn't regret it one bit! I love chocolate.
    ETA: I just finished logging and I was exactly at my TDEE for Easter. Cool.