No Eating at Night?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to eat before bed or I can't sleep, if I do not eat I will feel sickly in the morning. I also think that I really messed up my metabolism by under eating, I really need all these "extra" calories or I can't function. When I was under eating I would drive and not remeber how I ended up at my destination, very scary when that happens and its a relief to find MFP.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i've lost all my weight eating at night
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    There are nights when I don't get home to have dinner until almost 10. Doesn't matter...as long as I don't eat something to give me heartburn or indigestion. Eat if you're hungry...that's your body telling you something!
  • Rikkoe
    Rikkoe Posts: 2
    Options
    I believe not eating at night is a kind of "trick" but not a real solution to weight loss.. It works for me, but anytime i do eat at night my weight loss for the day is stalled. Even if I eat healthily.
  • DozzFit
    DozzFit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, no simple carbs at night if you are planning on a typical 8 hour sleep cycle (say 12-8am or 11-7am etc, etc). Just more Protein and veggies after 7pm.

If you are waking up feeling 'starving' you definitely should have something some time before bed, just don't overdo.

I used to wake up very hungry, sometimes wake up because I was hungry.

I find eating something an hour or two before bed helps regulate my metabolism and blood sugar..
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want- calories eaten at 10am are the same as at 10pm. The time of day doesn't matter at all. I'm a med student, so I know the science. You should make sure that you're well-fueled during your most active times of the day, so you aren't tired and grumpy from low blood sugar, and so you can work your hardest during workouts, but otherwise it doesn't matter.

To keep from feeling ravenous at night, I've found foods that keep me super full. Healthy fats like olive oil, chia or flax seeds, avocado or almond butter are crucial to staying satisfied for a long time. The main portion of my dinner is usually a mountain of veggies roasted in 1-2 tsp olive oil - try asparagus, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, anything you like. Sea salt on top. Really filling. Then, my go-to evening snack is 100g plain greek yogurt with stevia, vanilla extract, 3g chia seeds and extra water to thin it out. Let it sit for a bit and the chia seeds will thicken the mixture. It's like magical growing yogurt! Then I top it with fruit. My favorite is fresh pineapple and blueberries! Tastes amazing, fresh and healthy, and I take like an hour to eat the bowl (in front of the computer usually- like right now! :) I rarely even want more food. I used to have a major snacking problem, believe me!

You can have other snacks on hand with high volume such as air-popped popcorn (just please no microwave bags full of scary chemicals- you can do just plain kernels in a bowl in the microwave. google it!)