Expectations

Options

Replies

• eyemadreamer
    eyemadreamer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, thanks for the motivation and encouragement :)

i personally am a little different in stage 1 i guess, ive been at this for 2 weeks so far and i have only lost 2 lbs.. rather than the 4-8 lbs you said to expect. but my coach mentioned that everyone is different and sometimes our bodies does weird things to adapt to sudden changes in eating habit and acitivity levels.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, thanks for the motivation and encouragement :)

i personally am a little different in stage 1 i guess, ive been at this for 2 weeks so far and i have only lost 2 lbs.. rather than the 4-8 lbs you said to expect. but my coach mentioned that everyone is different and sometimes our bodies does weird things to adapt to sudden changes in eating habit and acitivity levels.

It's true, while the majority of people will experience dramatic weight loss at the very beginning followed by a significant drop off, there is a smaller subset that will experience little or no weight loss at the start that leads either to more steady weight loss throughout, or higher loss later on down the road. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but just know that while the steps may not fit you exactly, the concept that you need to fit the program to your body still holds true. Best luck to you!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I lost 4-5 pounds the first week and I KNOW it was water weight. I used to eat high-sodium, and NEVER drank water, just lots and lots of diet coke and coffee with lots of splenda! I felt bloated ALL the time.

I cut back to one coffee a day, NO splenda, and very little soda if any, dropped 4 pounds in 5 days. And I FEEL way better because I'm drinking water now!

I'm at the end of my second week and haven't lost any more, but I haven't had a cigarette in a week and feel more energetic and just "better" in general.
  • jpark38
    jpark38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • vixey2906
    vixey2906 Posts: 30
    Options
    Bump :)
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    A win as usual!
  • ncjc
    ncjc Posts: 9
    Options
    This is so acurate, it's scary. Thanks for the motivation!!
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    BUMP
  • cjrss03
    cjrss03 Posts: 22
    Options
    Great information for all!
  • sergeant771
    Options
    Thank you banks. Glad I scrolled down and read about phase #6. I've been yoyoing my entire life. Five times I've lost over 40 pounds, twice being over 70. It seems I get to the magic number I want to see on the scale and stop for a month, then put things into reverse and zoom back up to where I was at or even more.

But for the first time ever I'm including the nutritional and portion control components, not just massive amounts of excercise and a short term, unsustainable 'diet'.

The assistance I am getting from MFP is what I always lacked. It keeps me accountable and gives me confidence. When I hit the enter button at the end of the day and see what I will weigh in five weeks truly makes me smile.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    great post - I love reading this
  • LifeAfter50
    Options
    WOW... thanks for the post
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Since it has not been read for 2 days and I know that we have some new people on here, I bumped this thread.

Be sure to scroll through and read phase 6!

D
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Love this post!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Great information!

Stage 2 here! Bump!
  • runnin0nbravado
    Options
    I need to save this in a word document and ready it every day for the next year... thank you!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am at that place where it would be easy to get complacent and let all my hard work slide. My determination is greater than ever to keep going and lose five more pounds and really shape and tone. This is a new way of life for me!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    bump