• indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    bump
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    DAMN THAT PHASE 5!.. :explode:

sorry.. just a tiny vent... back to my plan..

slow and steady baby!! :bigsmile:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump.
    Add to my topics.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    DAMN THAT PHASE 5!.. :explode:

sorry.. just a tiny vent... back to my plan..

slow and steady baby!! :bigsmile:

HA! saying that for about a year now. :tongue:
  • vanidosa27
    vanidosa27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for an extremely sore body from so much exercise? :yawn:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Any suggestions for an extremely sore body from so much exercise? :yawn:

rest. Sore means recovering, let your body recover, muscles have diminishing returns, if you work sore muscles you'll see less results and less muscle building affects.

Try to work out different muscle groups on different days, put a cardio between your weight training, and do 1/2 your body weight training one day, and the other half 2 days later.

I.E. chest arms and shoulders one day (and core)
    next day do a run, or spinning, or something cardio
    next day do legs and gluts (and core)

etc....

This should give the sore muscles enough time to recover while keeping you active.
  • janetmoz
    janetmoz Posts: 9
    Options
    This was really helpful. I am coming back after hitting stage 2. I was really good on this site for about a month and making progress. I finally got frustrated and I haven't been on the site for a week. I just received a friendly email and that was really great to say. So rather than spending time logging anything today, I'm looking for motivation. I lost the quick stuff and now I need to get back in there an get past this hump. Thanks so much for the support!
    J
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    Bump... I'm in a plateau (but with fat to spare!) and looking forward to moving past it! :tongue:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Thank you so very much for this!
    I am in stage one. Just starting out on this journey with a lot to lose (weight that is) :smile:
    This is valuable info! AND much appreciated!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    this is a great thread. :-) Bump
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    bumpin' cause I read it again!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Bump so I can print this off at home, and read it for motivation :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Phase 5. End game.
    5 or 6 months in you are probably working on that "last 10 pounds". This can be discouraging for many as it is a slow burn. Remember, your body probably feels like it is where it needs to be, your brain might think you need to lose 10 more, but your body is quite proud of itself now, it feels like it has "Done enough" and it wants to stay RIGHT HERE. The body LIKES to have a little fat around just in case, especially for the ladies (sorry girls, it's just human physiology). If you feel like you still need to lose it, prepare yourself for some guerrila warfare against your body. Design an exercise regimen that is very dynamic, forget the "same thing every day". Make a plan that challenges you both physically and mentally. Make sure you give yourself a day off here and there to just veg. And by all means, remember, muscle burns fat at rest. So get some weight or resistance training involved.
    The last 10 may take 3 to 6 months to lose. I know nobody wants to hear that, but it's true. And forget the idea of increasing your calorie deficite, healthy bodies need good nutrition, your body no longer has the fat reserves to handle the large deficites you could when you were 30 40 or 50 pounds overweight. Better to make it a 3 or 400 calorie deficite (NET, please count your exercise calories too!). It may take a bit longer, but your body will like you for it. Plus it feeds those new muscles and keeps them burning fat, keeps your skin healthy (elasticity is important when you want those places that were stretched out to "snap back") and keeps you from getting head aches and depressed.

-Banks

badday.gifstamp.gif[/urlshy.gif]shy.gif
    smiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gif
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Thank you Banks!:flowerforyou:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    bumping for summertime
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I love my expectations thread. So I'm bumping it!:glasses:
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options

I love your thread too. :love: I printed it out and I keep it in my food journal.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I love your thread too. :love: I printed it out and I keep it in my food journal.

That's very kind of you to say, thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

edited due to my new no " I can't"s attitude

smexercise1.gif

smexercise3.gif

smexercise4.gif
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Phase 5. End game.
    5 or 6 months in you are probably working on that "last 10 pounds". This can be discouraging for many as it is a slow burn. Remember, your body probably feels like it is where it needs to be, your brain might think you need to lose 10 more, but your body is quite proud of itself now, it feels like it has "Done enough" and it wants to stay RIGHT HERE. The body LIKES to have a little fat around just in case, especially for the ladies (sorry girls, it's just human physiology). If you feel like you still need to lose it, prepare yourself for some guerrila warfare against your body. Design an exercise regimen that is very dynamic, forget the "same thing every day". Make a plan that challenges you both physically and mentally. Make sure you give yourself a day off here and there to just veg. And by all means, remember, muscle burns fat at rest. So get some weight or resistance training involved.
    The last 10 may take 3 to 6 months to lose. I know nobody wants to hear that, but it's true. And forget the idea of increasing your calorie deficite, healthy bodies need good nutrition, your body no longer has the fat reserves to handle the large deficites you could when you were 30 40 or 50 pounds overweight. Better to make it a 3 or 400 calorie deficite (NET, please count your exercise calories too!). It may take a bit longer, but your body will like you for it. Plus it feeds those new muscles and keeps them burning fat, keeps your skin healthy (elasticity is important when you want those places that were stretched out to "snap back") and keeps you from getting head aches and depressed.

-Banks

badday.gifstamp.gif[/urlshy.gif]shy.gif
    smiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gifsmiley-angry016.gif

:sad: :sad: :sad: