Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So, earlier I was all :brokenheart: about banks being gone. Now I find out he's still here!CrossedArms.gif
    Maybe he can babysit his posts, now.:laugh:

Ugh, maybe I SHOULDA left. I'm shameless, but I'm not THAT shameless. :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    So, earlier I was all :brokenheart: about banks being gone. Now I find out he's still here!CrossedArms.gif
    Maybe he can babysit his posts, now.:laugh:

Ugh, maybe I SHOULDA left. I'm shameless, but I'm not THAT shameless. :tongue:

he he
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Just a little BUMP in the seat to start your monday.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    They say that you lose the most in the first week...I haven't lost an ounce. So I will be grateful to hit stage 1! Very discouraged, but I will keep with it!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    They say that you lose the most in the first week...I haven't lost an ounce. So I will be grateful to hit stage 1! Very discouraged, but I will keep with it!

20 lbs to lose is a pretty small amount all things considered (I'm not trying to trivialize, just trying to give you a firm reasoning behind your difficulties), if that is all you truely want to lose (some people set intermediate goals that aren't what they really want to be at), then it's going to be a longer, slower road, and also, that 1st stage is really geared towards people who are classified as bordering on obese, obese, or grossly obese.

That all being said, your road will be a little different from the normal crowd in that if you are within 20 lbs of your goal, you're body's probably already fighting you a bit, and won't make it easy. If you haven't lost any weight, maybe you could take a second look at your goals, mix up your routine, examine your nutrition, and maybe talk with a Personal Trainer about a more focused path. These are all suggestions, you may have done one or more of them, I don't know, but it's a tough road, I've been there, and it takes months and months to lose that last 20, even if you follow the plan strictly.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    I guess you're probably right:ohwell:
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    Thanks Banks:flowerforyou:

I think I'm around stage 2 and 3. Reality and routine. I'm sticking with it!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks-Phase 5-SUCKS....It's the worst of the emotional rollercoaster ride. I think my scale is out to get me:devil: ...I swear it lights flash and spins around in my bathroom after I leave in tears. :sad:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Thanks Banks-Phase 5-SUCKS....It's the worst of the emotional rollercoaster ride. I think my scale is out to get me:devil: ...I swear it lights flash and spins around in my bathroom after I leave in tears. :sad:

I hear ya, if you think 5 is bad, read down to the bottom of page one, I added a Phase 6 - Maintenance

As many on here will attest, Maintenance is probably the hardest mentally, cuz you don't really have any more concrete goals to focus on. That's when the REAL test comes in. Do you have the strength of conviction to keep doing it even though you don't have any easy to see goals?

Lets face it, toning up and building muscle is a slow process that doesn't have any easy milestones. You have to really dig in mentally and just tell yourself that what you are doing will, in the end, work for you. I have been there for about 8 months now, and it never gets easier, Although at this point I'm starting to see the long term results like my abs are now showing through, my skin is JUUUUSSSTTTT starting to tighten up around my waist, and my chest, arms, and thighs are starting to become more defined and bigger (a little).

Take heart, it DOES happen, it's just not the same type of goal as weight loss.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I can't help it, I'm a BUMP-a-holic!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Well, this topic needs to keep getting bumped! It is probably the most helpful thing I have EVER read about weight loss ... and I've done some reading!!!

Thank you Banks ... you rock!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Well, this topic needs to keep getting bumped! It is probably the most helpful thing I have EVER read about weight loss ... and I've done some reading!!!

Thank you Banks ... you rock!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wow I'm flattered. But I dare say there's better stuff out there, heck there's better stuff on THIS site. In any case, again, thank you, it hits home very nicely. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am in the Stage 2 and its been about a month, so I am right one track. But I am having a hard time getting my self to be motivated to keep going!!!
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump this to remember this!
  • karma67
    Options
    It can sometimes be very disouraging, but you just have to keep going. I am just finishing up the first week of a new diet.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    :huh: BUMP
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thyipee.gif
  • smcintosh
    Options
    This is fantastic hun...thank you so much for posting the link for me. This will help allot.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    bumpity bump:yawn: