WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2013

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,946 Member
1240712wgyjfhx55j.gif

:flowerforyou: Welcome to a most supportive and encouraging community of women. The title says women ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:bigsmile: This is a thread that has been continued each month for many years. Some of us have been posting for a long time, others are newer, and new members are welcome at any time. All you have to do to become a member of our community is to post and then you’ll find this thread listed under “My Topics” so you can keep coming back.

:flowerforyou: Many of us create goals and resolutions for each month…sometimes new ones and sometimes the same ones over and over…..some are about weight loss and others are about behaviors and attitudes.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for March?

:flowerforyou: What goals or resolutions have you planned for April?

:flowerforyou: I read this thread every day and look forward to being connected to all of you.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Resolutions for March (with end of the month comments)

*twice a week dance practice at home (more dancing than before but not as much as I had hoped)
* make appointment and go see the osteoporosis doctor (I made the call and am on a waiting list)
*act the way I want to feel (doing better all the time)

Resolutions for April
*work in the yard about an hour a day
*finish writing my “important information” document
*answer the two e mails I have been putting off
*be more mindful about interrupting

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

Replies

• majawilltry
    majawilltry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wanting some motivation to really get started on my fitness goals. Always seem too busy to work out. I'd rather be outside working, than working out.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    bump to find the topic tomorrow.

Nitey nite

Michele in NC
  • mailady82
    mailady82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to know this blog is here
  • jjccd
    jjccd Posts: 2
    Options
    Having surgery in 10 days. Won't be able to exercise for 6 - 8 weeks after. How to keep my weight down while inactive is a big worry.
    Need help with a nutrition plan for recovery.
    Judith
  • trace1957
    trace1957 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi group! Looking for support. Lost 20 lbs. over last summer but 5 pounds has slowly crept back on. Love to exercise, but also love chocolate. Have to get back in the losing mindset. Hoping checking in here will do it!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Just wanting some motivation to really get started on my fitness goals. Always seem too busy to work out. I'd rather be outside working, than working out.

Working outside in the yard should burn lots of calories if you're doing bending and raking and hauling things around out there. I think you should count it toward your exercise goal.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump to find this page tomorrow. Night everyone

Liz
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    March goals and results:
    Measure and chart all food every day.
    (Did OK with this last month but need to make sure I chart absolutely everything in April!)
    Continue to stay off the scale and just trust the process.
    (Got back into the weighing every day habit in March. Not good. Will only weigh on Fridays and Monday because they are my group weigh in days in April).
    Eat 5 fruits/veggies a day.
    (Did not meet this. It's tough to get those fruits in but I've done better with veggies. I hope to be able to buy a food extractor this month to help with this goal).
    exercise 30 min/5 days a week
    (Sometimes did 30 min. l but not often enough. I will meet this goal in April).
    Figure out my TDEE and other important numbers.
    (Did that and am trying to stay between 1600-1800 cal/day).
    Continue to say "NO" to goodies at work and eat only what's in my lunchbox.
    (Did great with this until I brought Easter candy "for the kids"! Will get back on track in April).
    Comments: I don't feel like March was as successful as I had planned. It's due to lack of commitment on my part and that needs to be my goal in April. Continue previous goals but really focus on meeting them daily. Set goals, plan, persist!!!
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump:flowerforyou:
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you again for keeping this thread going Barbue!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Deb A from CNY
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A big "thank you" to Barbie for keeping this thread going!

Goals for April are the same as those I set for March:

Log my food and exercise in the morning so that I have my plan all worked out for the day (I missed a few days in March; goal is to do this every day in April)

Exercise at least 4 nights a week (in addition to the mile and a half I walk every morning at work) (Missed this by a mile in March but WILL pull myself out of my exercise slump this month)

Be more patient with those who make me a little crazy (I need to stay focused on this as things at work are very crazy).

I am going to be on the road several times this month and that is always a challenge for me in terms of staying the course. I just want to say again how MUCH I appreciate being able to come to this board for encouragement, positive reinforcement and just generally great tips on eating and exercising.

Wishing you all a good day – let’s have a great April!

Sandy, central Ohio where the weather is struggling towards Spring:wink:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,733 Member
    Options
    morning lovely ladies,
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend, we finally got Taliah but not until almost 6 last night and all hopped up on sugar...:noway:
    She was thrilled to see us,but was like a whirling dervish. my DH had to go to bed at 8 because he wakes early to go to work, so we didn't get alot of quality time with her,but we will take what we can get..
    I did have a nice time snuggling with her and talking last night.I miss her so very much and boy does she remind me of my DD.
    I have to work at 10 this morning so I have to drop her off after 9 to her parent's and probably wont see her before she leaves:grumble:
    Right now she is tucked in my bed and Homer and Chester are snuggled in with her, I got up early to make the DH dinner and lunch for tonight and tomorrow. gonna hop in the shower in a minute and get ready for work, so when the little princess wakes up I can just spend time with her..:happy:
  • nanasorchid52
    Options
    Bump to fine the thread later.

Thanks Barbie for continuing the thread:flowerforyou:

Jo UK Wales
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bump for now
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Barbie:flowerforyou: Thank you for keeping us going:flowerforyou: ! I so appreciate all the friendship this thread has, it was a trying March for me and I appreciate the support of this fabulous group!

To everyone who is new:flowerforyou: Welcome to the best group of women on MFP!!! Please come in often and chat away with us!!!

I did not make any goals for March:embarassed: :frown: . I`m not sure yet what my April goals will be, other than to finally get myself to feeling better, hopefully with the new antibiotics I`ll accomplish that! I do need to figure out how to get the dreaded scale to move in the right direction, I talked to a friend of mine yesterday and he seems to think I need to eat at my TDEE -20%, that`s more than I`m eating now and I`ll be honest, that scares me a bit. I`m going to do a bit more research on it before I commit to it.

Robin:smile: I am so glad you had a good day:bigsmile: !!! I hope they continue!!! Take one day at a time:flowerforyou: !

Have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where the sun is going to shine and the temp. will be fairly warm today:glasses:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,106 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: bump:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Just saving my place..........

Lin in Central Iowa
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy April :bigsmile:
    Bumping for tonight off to work :sad:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Bumping to find later. Must work now and try to get in some swimming. Sue in SD
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good April's Fools Day to the Vitamin F here! Mother Nature made it warm and lovely for Easter and then dumped snow on us during the night! That Mother Nature likes her April Fool's jokes! Hope everyone has a good day, will come back later...off to work.

Barbie, thanks for the thread management and the commitment to us all!

BJ,- in what used to be warm and wonderful - Southwestern Ontario