Replies

• Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    In my third week..love/hate my date with Shaun T every morning
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    For those that say the workouts are too short... Just one thing to consider, it also depends upon the level of effort you put in during the workout and also your form. There is absolutely no reason why after 40-45mins of these insanity workouts that you should be literally on the floor in pain... Regardless of how fit you are! It simply comes down to how much effort you put into the workout and your form/technique. So if you are finishing the workouts and finding you are not depleted or tired enough then you really should be asking yourself why... It's not to do with the length of the workout! Anyone tried tabata workouts? They are only 4mins long and if you do them properly you will be in a heap on the floor. Longer is not necessarily better!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I'm also impatient and want results like...now :) That's probably been the hardest part of exercising for me.

something i've recently come to realize is that doing more in less time isn't necessairly going to get you to where you want to be faster. especially when you consider that oober high defecits are going to strip muslce along with fat.

i've done several rounds of insanity, and a few of asylum. just finished my first round of p90x and i'm going to start asylum vol 2 in a few weeks.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    For those that say the workouts are too short... Just one thing to consider, it also depends upon the level of effort you put in during the workout and also your form. There is absolutely no reason why after 40-45mins of these insanity workouts that you should be literally on the floor in pain... Regardless of how fit you are! It simply comes down to how much effort you put into the workout and your form/technique. So if you are finishing the workouts and finding you are not depleted or tired enough then you really should be asking yourself why... It's not to do with the length of the workout! Anyone tried tabata workouts? They are only 4mins long and if you do them properly you will be in a heap on the floor. Longer is not necessarily better!

i always wondered why people thought that saying they were taking fewer breaks was a sign of progress... its really just a sign of becoming accustom to a certain level of difficulty and NOT stepping it up to accomidate.

insanity should be damn close to sprinting, and nobody can really sprint full speed for 30 min.
  • slimmomma4
    slimmomma4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

The warm up is great, love the stretch (gives you lots of energy to recover from the warm up and all those mummy-kicks) but then there is only 20-25min left. Call me greedy but even though I am on the floor after the last 20 min I WANT more, which is why I finish off with a Jillian Michaels DVD and then I feel very very good indeed.. I love being on the floor, smiling and sweating...
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options

Yes I agree. I'm in a heap after the warm up. I've never heard of anyone saying Insanity wasn't enough.. I find it plenty.. I'm starting recovery this week. So far its more than enough for me
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3. I love Insanity. Want to do P90X after I finish this. I am sure that I will do more than one round.
  • hulamom510
    Options
    LOVE Shawn T! Love Insanity! Midway I just want to collapse b/c it kicks my butt. I am in good shape and workout pretty regularly but the PURE CARDIO disc makes me drip sweat like crazy. Love it. Good luck and much success!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I did day 2 (the first one after the fit test) yesterday. I've learnt I have no upper body strength. I struggle so much doing anything in the plank position. I'm going really push myself to not give up and stick to the chart (though 40-80 minutes 6 days a week... I usually do 3-5).
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I agree- if your pushing yourself to the max than the Insanity workouts are plenty long enough. If you think they're too short you're not putting in 100%.

I'm on Day 1 of Week 5 and hoping to see more fat loss than I had in month one.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just love seeing SO many doing Insanity!! and hearing your journey's THANX all for sharing
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I put in 100% and by the end I'm dying. It's just later that day I feel like I should do something else. :) Doing back to back is crazy!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    I am in week 2 and love it. The best burn you can get. It's tough butyour not expected to do it all. Even his perfectly in shape exercisers are taking plenty of breaks

Friend me anyone who wants to share experiences
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have it but after watching JUST the fit test, I really am not sure I can do it. I can not even begin to imagine hopping down on the floor like they do. It takes all my effort to get down and back up off the floor when I have to get down there for something.

I feel so old and out of shape :(
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity in 2 weeks. Want to finish P90x then take a break for one week to do something totally different for a week (like Zumba) Then back to work with Insanity :) I have only done one month of it before. Would like to finish the whole thing.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have just completed it and LOVED IT. Email has been sent to get my T. Shirt!!

I will be starting round 2 on Monday 8th April:)

Good luck everyone!
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Started week 4 yesterday!! Loving it!! Actually gonna start a challenge group on FB soon if anyone is interested!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I really really want to do it, but people live below me and you can hear every step on our floor...they would complain like crazy if I was jumping around :(