losing 100lbs in 9 months?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hey!

There are 9 months left of the year. I am trying to lose 100lbs. I just wanted to know if anyone else is trying to do this too! what are your plans? please give any advice.

I believe it's doable. I plan on working out doing cardio 5 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour. I'm 5'7.

if you're in the same situation as me feel free to add me.

If you think I'm completely insane, let me know! haha.

I'm in a similar situation as far as needing to lose weight but, IMHO, it isn't a race. Remember, you did not gain the weight overnight so it may be expecting too much to lose that amount of weight in only 9 months. You may set yourself up for disappointment. I would say just trend downwards and celebrate each victory as you discover it. I don't think your insane but maybe slightly impatient and so am I. This is one reason I am a proud HATER of The Biggest Loser. I think it does a great disservice to losing weight by making it a competition and artificially raising people's expectations. Trending downward is the way to go.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 100 lbs by end of this year too, before my birthday on January 9th. I want to be 215 lbs (i started this year at 315) and I am at 304 right now. Not a good number, but I'm working harder. :D