How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    W4D3 is now part of my history.

I'll do W5D1 on Sunday. I'm excited about the 20 minute run at the end of week 5. I haven't been able to not handle any of the runs so far, I have faith in my body and the program. I love everyone's joy and sense of accomplishment after the 20 minute run.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 8! I can't believe I've made it this far! I jog really, really slowly, but at least I'm moving. I focus more on time than distance at this point. I'm "running" for 28 minutes without stopping! So crazy. I remember week 1 and counting down the seconds until the run segments were over. Now when my run is over I feel like I could keep going.

I definitely am taking it slow. I only do it every other day, and try to do yoga on my off days. This is probably my 4th time trying this program and this is the furthest I've ever made it. In the past I got injured and had to quit, but going slowly and repeating days when necessary has really helped.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!

My hip is feeling so much better so I am going to give it a try tomorrow with a run. I'm not sure how far back I'm going to take it through - I was just finishing week 5 I think so would be running 2 miles. I think I should cut it to 1 mile at most and thinking I'll go straight for 1 and see how I do.

Nyk x
  • abbydownton
    abbydownton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today I was supposed to be w8d3, but somehow ended up doing w9d3 - the last day of the program. It's only 2 minutes more, so I'll back up to the previous workouts next time. I found a new route that's less hilly, still my pace is slooooow. I covered just over 3 miles in 38 minutes, including the 5 minutes of warm up and then cool down. I passed some people today. They were waiting for the train, but I'm still counting it. :D

The encouragement here is so nice. Good luck to everyone!
  • jennifersbickle
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just finished Day 3 of Week 6 so on to Week 7 on Tuesday! This has been such an amazing journey....just in 6 weeks! I almost quit on Week 4 and each week I realize more and more about how mental this is. I've realized if I put my mind to it, my body will respond positively! Like I read one of the posters say, I keep going even when I think I can't because each run is such an accomplishment and it makes you feel great! I am running my first 5K on October 19th! Good luck to everyone and keep running!
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Well done everyone! I ran this morning but just did 1 mile to ease me back in and test how my hip would do. It was uncomfortable but not so much that I wanted to stop and I stretched when I came back which has helped I think. Will give it a few days and then up to 2 x 1 mile and go from there. Hopefully get back into the programe by the end of the week/next weekend if hip is ok. :)
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been dreading W5D3 for over a week now. Dreading!!!

But today I did W5D2. I completed 8 minutes and thought "That wasn't so bad!". So while I was on the 5 minute walking in-between, I felt really good. In fact, to prepare myself for D3 I decided to start running 2 minutes early. So I did 10 minutes on my second run, just to see if I could. When I got down to the last 10 minutes, I sprinted! YES!

Okay, ready to try out D3 now. :)

5K on 10/26....my goal is under 45 minutes at this point! But my goal is to also run the entire distance. I have a couple of weeks cushion to either work on endurance or speed.

I can't believe I'm running. :)
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Momma2CharlieJane Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Finally completed w6d3 yesterday. I hadn't run since last Wednesday. The weekend got the better of me. I forced myself to go out and do it. I'm so glad I did. I did it in the parking garage at work so I had some uphill, some flat and some downhill. It will be nice to keep running 'outside' in the winter once a week or something at lunch to keep up with it. I have a treadmill at home, but I don't think I am going to like running on that. We'll see. I have my first race in 2.5 weeks so I am really hoping to keep up the EOD pace so that I will have completed the program by 9/28 and that gives me a week to work on my time or maybe even add some more distance. My goal for the race is to try and run the whole thing. I don't care about time. You can also walk this race so I can go as slow as I want. The 10k is doing the loop twice so I shouldn't finish last :smooched:
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did W6D1, and Wednesday I will do D2 and Friday I will do D3. So far so good. I can't believe I actually look forward to my running days. I have really enjoyed this.
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Trying to work back up and did 2 miles this morning but just over 1 mile in and my whole hip area did some funky cramp/pain so walked most of mile 2. I did run a little at the end and ran for a few extra minutes after the program finished too... getting a bit frustrated :( x
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    Nyksta, sorry you are still having pain in your hip. Maybe take some ibuprofen before you run to help with inflammation.

I did W6D2 this morning. Friday I will do D3, then onto week 7. It is sure cold and dark in the early mornings now, the breeze doesn't help any.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    I just started this week! Only on day 2 :laugh: So far behind everyone else.
    I really like it. It's a challenge but I don't feel like I'm going to die. Up until now I just used the elliptical and bike for cardio, but today is the first day my face has been so red I looked sunburnt XD
    I like it. I shall succeed.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D3 today!

I didn't hate it, I felt good, I didn't even care about checking my time, when the coaching voice said you can call yourself a runner now, I felt like Rocky.
  • miclyn3
    miclyn3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completed Week 5 Day 2! I didn't realize it was going to have me run for 8 minutes straight but I did it! Twice! I never thought i would have been able to complete something like that!

Keep up the hard work everyone! You can do this!

Nyksta I'm sorry you are dealing with pain. Like AmyMgetsfit suggested, maybe some ibuprofen would help? Have you gotten it check out? I wonder if you injured something and it's not healing?
  • Nyksta
    Options
    Thanks I'll get some ibuprophen. It's not too sore now which is a good sign I think. :)

Good job everyone!
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    Completed w7d1 yesterday. It was a little tough. Good thing the workout is the same for 3 days. Hopefully by then I'll have 25 mins down!! I never thought that I would be able to run 25 mins straight again. Not sure if I will do d2 tomorrow or Saturday. I am walking in the ALZ walk Saturday so I should probably do it tomorrow so I can get d3 in on Sunday. I'd like to have w8 complete by next Saturday so I have a full week to work on my distance before my first 5k on 10/5!! I know right now I'm not doing a full 3 miles. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • jfl5
    jfl5 Posts: 37
    Options
    W5D2 (Zen Labs) done. Looking forward to next run and 20 minutes straight. Going to take my GPS unit and see how far I can get in 20 minutes.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    I finished week 6 this morning with a 25 minute run. Monday I will start week 7. I am going to really start working on speed next week.
  • Momma2CharlieJane
    Options
    W7d2 COMPLETE!! I actually ran the 5 min cool down as well since I still had a way to go back to my office. That last 5 mins was a breeze. It was the other 25 that killed me!!! Can't believe I have one more day left and then one final week. My 5k is in 2 weeks. I am still struggling to get through the 25 mins, but I am running the whole thing. I refuse to walk any of it. Hopefully Sunday's run will be better. Great job guys!!!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, thought I'd chime in here!

My family is doing the C25K program together. I'm so excited because its the first time my family wants to do something healthy WITH me instead of just cheering me on from the sidelines! :) Myself, my son, my fiance, and my fiance's twin kiddos (one boy, one girl).

Anyway, so we were supposed to do week 2, day 3 yesterday, but my fiance injured his knee the last day of our run (week 2, day 2). He said he feels like someone is forcing his leg bone into his knee joint when he walks/jogs. So, we took an extra day off, but forgot we had plans today. If you skip a day of a week, do you do it the following week and jog for 4 days every other day, or just push everything back and still only jog 3 days that week?

Just wondering where to pick up. We want to do this as a family, so trying to keep it going as steady as possible. :) Thanks for any input!

I've been seeing posters for 5Ks all over the place, and it gets cold here mid November, so we will only be doing the 1 that we have set, but found out there is a zombie one this weekend, wishing we started earlier so my kids could do that one, I think they would've loved it! lol...

:)