136 lbs down - quite the change

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
Sometimes throughout my journey of weight loss, I will have bad days and in my head be convinced that I am not any smaller than the day I started this journey. I know this isn't true, but its one of the many irrational thoughts I have. My clothes have went down many sizes, I can now shop at average people sized clothing stores, am more physically active than I have ever been and many more things. I was deleting old facebook photos when I came to this before picture taken in 2008 at my worst. I say 136 lbs down, but truly it was months of losing weight before I actually weighed myself. I still can't believe all of the changes, but I thought I wouldl share to help encourage others, that any small change helps. They eventually all add up to amazing results. Still have a way to go but I am strong and determined.

xqiavm.jpg

picture fixed (fingers crossed)

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are such an inspiration to me! I just started my journey of losing around 140 lbs so seeing your transformation is truly inspiring! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You have definitely made "quite the change"! :-) Be proud and definitely try to kick those irrational thoughts out of your head b/c they are absolutely that, irrational. Congratulations on this big change in your life!
  • alijaxfp
    alijaxfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Beautiful in both pictures!! What an inspiration!
  • shesfatagainbutnot4long
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose myself!! Thank you for inspiring me!! =)
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Fantastic... You look marvelous....
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Congratulations on your success!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you for sharing as I have been struggling getting my head into things as of late. It seems the more people notice I have lost the harder it is to keep doing what I am doing. As if the attention to what I am doing is a stop sign. I don't know why I do that other than maybe I don't want the attention. It feels good but ......
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh WOW! you look soo great! very beautiful
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    congratulations, thats quite an accomplishment!
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Great job!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Holy carp, you look fantastic! Great job!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you for sharing as I have been struggling getting my head into things as of late. It seems the more people notice I have lost the harder it is to keep doing what I am doing. As if the attention to what I am doing is a stop sign. I don't know why I do that other than maybe I don't want the attention. It feels good but ......

I used to be like that-- and eventually I stopped turning peoples compliments into negative statements. So if someone said oh you look so great now, i would be like wow did i look awful before. But now I just see the positive in what people are saying! thanks and keep working hard and take the compliments.

Thank you everyone =)
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the great work, you are truly an inspiration :)
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job.

God bless,
    Karen
  • kimmym0324
    kimmym0324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Your such an inspiration!!!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing just doesn't seem enough. Feel proud , you deserve it.
  • arubiano
    arubiano Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your progress. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.
  • PVarns
    PVarns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Look how young you look in your "after picture"! I'm truly inspired by the pics!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!