What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.

My point was that I think more people are disenchanted with religion than the concept of a creator, but because the concepts - religion and god - are inextricably linked, people who leave religion, end up leaving god too.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Remember that episode of the simpsons where Homer decided to start his own religeon based on football...that sounds fine.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    Atheist :3
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    like festivus. I'm festivarian.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Christian...aaaaandd Baconator
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Presbyterian
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    NONE. Nada. N/A.
  • bluehonda2012
    bluehonda2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    At various times in my life I have been Roman Catholic, buddhist, agnostic, and atheist. Then about 30 years ago Jesus got ahold of me. That is the only faith that has lasted in my life.
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.

My point was that I think more people are disenchanted with religion than the concept of a creator, but because the concepts - religion and god - are inextricably linked, people who leave religion, end up leaving god too.

And, why is that a bad thing..? So what if they do or don't know the difference? Shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever works for them? And, if it does work for them, shouldn't that prove that there's no meaning to either one of those concepts?

Don't judge. Just get along!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Pastafarian

R'amen to that!

I bow tie you both.

May red sauce be upon you then!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No religion, also atheist.
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    I just changed to Peter Griffin's creation, First United Church of the Fonz.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I believe in being a decent human being.
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm an eclectic Wiccan...

me too :)

me three!
  • mrphil86
    Options
    No religion, also atheist.

You sure? I'm sure the teachings of FSM would benefit you! We all need a little pasta in our lives!

Here, take a copy of the New Pastament.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

And, why is that a bad thing..? So what if they do or don't know the difference? Shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever works for them? And, if it does work for them, shouldn't that prove that there's no meaning to either one of those concepts?

Dont judge? Who was judging? You clearly are on the edge of your seat to pick a fight. Take your meds lady.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm Catholic and believe in cake, running and Nandos. I love the peace and old smells of the Catholic church I attend and love to light a candle and remember my mum.

I also have nothing but support and love for the LGBT community, contraception and am a fully fledged feminist.
  • mrphil86
    Options

Dont judge? Who was judging? You clearly are on the edge of your seat to pick a fight. Take your meds lady.

Shush both of you!
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    I'm gonna say atheist, then I'm gonna go away. Religion is my absolute favorite topic, but I think it's one that is not allowed in here. I don't want to get in trouble here, I just wanna lose weight. :)
  • UnicornRides
    Options

Nope. :) Just opinionated (freedom of speech!). Please don't be rude as I play nice.
This discussion has been closed.