What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No religion, also atheist.

You sure? I'm sure the teachings of FSM would benefit you! We all need a little pasta in our lives!

Here, take a copy of the New Pastament.
    *passes sauce* I'm not interested, but thanks.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

You sure? I'm sure the teachings of FSM would benefit you! We all need a little pasta in our lives!

I'll take it. I could stand getting sauced right about now.
  • minimah7
    minimah7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian. Always have been; I believe in the power of Jesus' resurrection. I am not in any particular sect or domination. Nor do I sit back and judge others beliefs or views. I am simply happy to know everyone and hope for the best in us all.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

No... I'm not sure you understand me...

You NEED pasta in your life!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

I'll take it. I could stand getting sauced right about now.

Haha... well that is how it all started :happy:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I tend to be agnostic but lately have been wondering if there is a higher probability of a creator. Also started to think more deeply about the plot of the American Gods by Neil Gaiman, namely that god (and love) exists for those who believe.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

Are you sure? Heaven is a beer volcano and stripper factory and hell is stale beer... Just saying, even stale beer can be good...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

My point was that I think more people are disenchanted with religion than the concept of a creator, but because the concepts - religion and god - are inextricably linked, people who leave religion, end up leaving god too.

That discredits the motivation of leaving god simply because they don't believe in any god at all. The foils of religion are neither here nor there for me.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.

My point was that I think more people are disenchanted with religion than the concept of a creator, but because the concepts - religion and god - are inextricably linked, people who leave religion, end up leaving god too.

And, why is that a bad thing..? So what if they do or don't know the difference? Shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever works for them? And, if it does work for them, shouldn't that prove that there's no meaning to either one of those concepts?

Don't judge. Just get along!

Dont judge? Who was judging? You clearly are on the edge of your seat to pick a fight. Take your meds lady.

Nope. :) Just opinionated (freedom of speech!). Please don't be rude as I play nice.

This is why you should never discuss religeon
  • NormInv
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.

And, why is that a bad thing..? So what if they do or don't know the difference? Shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever works for them? And, if it does work for them, shouldn't that prove that there's no meaning to either one of those concepts?

Don't judge. Just get along!

Dont judge? Who was judging? You clearly are on the edge of your seat to pick a fight. Take your meds lady.

Nope. :) Just opinionated (freedom of speech!). Please don't be rude as I play nice.

I apologize for my tone.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I want to believe.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey, low fat turkey bacon's pretty darn good.
  • NormInv
    Options

That discredits the motivation of leaving god simply because they don't believe in any god at all. The foils of religion are neither here nor there for me.

I can see that side of the argument. I'm myself more confused than certain.
  • NormInv
    Options
    I want to believe.

+1
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I am all of the above :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Confused is not bad. Leaves you room to figure out what you want to believe. Not bad at all.
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    antitheist
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    antitheist

Unfortunately, I'm moving in this direction...

I know, I said I was leaving, going now!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Confused is not bad. Leaves you room to figure out what you want to believe. Not bad at all.
    This I agree with 100%. I have a lot of people who really struggled to find their faith, or even lack of faith. Because they took the time to research, consider, come to their own conclusions.
    To me, if you never struggled to find the answers... you can't really believe.
This discussion has been closed.