What's your religion?

Options

Replies

• UnicornRides
    Options
    A lot of people go from religion to atheist, not realizing that religion is not the same as god.

Oh...here we go...on the way to deletion. What make you think this? I'm an atheist. I went from Catholic, to nondenominational, to Methodist over a period of many years. I did a great deal of reading, soul-searching, and self-examination before I accepted that I didn't really believe there was a supernatural being watching over us. I wanted to believe, but I just couldn't believe in the God of the bible any more than I could believe in Thor or Zeus. Most atheists are smarter than you might think. People don't stop believing on a whim.

My point was that I think more people are disenchanted with religion than the concept of a creator, but because the concepts - religion and god - are inextricably linked, people who leave religion, end up leaving god too.

And, why is that a bad thing..? So what if they do or don't know the difference? Shouldn't they be allowed to do whatever works for them? And, if it does work for them, shouldn't that prove that there's no meaning to either one of those concepts?

Don't judge. Just get along!

Dont judge? Who was judging? You clearly are on the edge of your seat to pick a fight. Take your meds lady.

Nope. :) Just opinionated (freedom of speech!). Please don't be rude as I play nice.

I apologize for my tone.

No apologies needed. The internet makes everything obscure and undefinable when it comes to replies and discussions. You never really know what tone anyone truly has.
  • tloewe6
    tloewe6 Posts: 3
    Options
    I like that religion !
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Anti-theist.

No gods, no masters.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Blessed to be one of Jesus people=) I DONT DO RELIGION I LIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Wait nobody said Goddess worship. I really do think that the creator could be a she.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Christian -- a follower of Christ
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jesus! :)
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm an eclectic Wiccan...

me too :)

me three!

Me Four! - in more of a kitchen/Hedge witchy sort of bent.

Wait nobody said Goddess worship. I really do think that the creator could be a she.

Most Wiccans or Pagans worship a duel type deity- both God and Goddess
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    None. I've no need for delusion. That said, I do have a lot of respect for Buddhism.
  • kerryc76
    kerryc76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Born RC and even went to a convent as a kid...but all that served to just turn me totally against religion.

I like the sense of community but thats it....I don't like an organization that dictates what people can and cannot be. I can't stand hypocrites either and I find a lot of religious people to be just that.

I'd say I'm more spiritual than religious...I gravitate towards eastern religions if anything. Just be nice to everyone and everything...simple.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    No formal religion. I believe in a mix of things. I guess you would say I'm spiritual.

Grew up RC... can't seem to agree with anything involving being RC... so yeah.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Atheist, but I'm not a jerk about it.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

me three!

Most Wiccans or Pagans worship a duel type deity- both God and Goddess

True. I used to live in the Pacific NW and saw that firsthand.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Atheist. My whole life.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Baptist. My life is so much better with Jesus in it.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

me three!

Me five, with more of a celtic/norse flavor to it
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    Christian: Non-denominational
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    None. I've no need for delusion. That said, I do have a lot of respect for Buddhism.

This 100%
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    RC

like the little cars?

:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.