Detoxinating the liver?

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes naturally through the organs of elimination: skin, lungs, small and large intestines, liver and kidneys (check it out - these are also common sites for cancer). Unfortunately these organs are highly overworked due to the incredible levels of toxins we expose them to on a daily basis.

I've never done a water fast, but I have limited my diet to raw foods. I believe organic raw foods to be the best solution if you want to help your body to eliminate toxins (by limiting the ones you introduce into your system so they have a chance to deal with the backlog). While a water fast will not help you to lose weight in a sustainable way, incorporating raw foods into your diet on a permanent basis will not only help you keep weight from creeping up but is a natural way to help lower your bad cholesterol.

Good luck.

What toxins am I eating and introducing into my system?? I'd just like to avoid getting them in the first place.

You'll have to die to accomplish that. Your body manufactures the toxins.
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    DO NOT do that. That will be horrible for your body.

What I do: Every morning I start my day with a cup of hot water and lemon. I also do a "Detox" Yoga session every morning. It aids your digestion as well. It is just 20 minutes but it is full of twists and inversions which help rinse out your organs.

And seek some advice from your doctor. He may have some natural cleansing tips for you as well. A water fast will not be healthy for you in the long run!

I just asked a doctor if there were such a thing as "rinsing out your organs." He says no.

Most yoga inversions are believed to promote organ health; specifically, digestive and endochrine systems. For example: shoulder stand is good for your thyroid. I have never heard someone use the term "rinsing out your organs" before, though :huh:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you gave a high cholesterol, your liver is very unhealthy. I do have a high cholesterol. My friend told me that if I water fast for 2 days every week, it'll help with the cholesterol, burn more fat, and make me lose weight. Has anyone tried this before? Can anyone tell me if this works?
    Thanks!

I don't really believe in "toxins" and a quick blood test would tell you the status of your liver, but by fasting for 2 days a week you will be doing a 30% deficit in calories over the course of the week and presumably this would help reduce your cholesterol, burn some fat and lose some weight.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No, I am not mistaken. You are. It's obvious that you didn't watch the documentary because the whole point is to eat less to live longer. The documentary even starts out with a 100 year old man who barely eats anything. And Mosley's approach is to fast two days a week at a maximum of 500 calories as 500 has the same beneficial effects as Zero calories. The Same thing but you would have known that had you actually watched the documentary.

Wait, so the only way to live to be 100 is to fast 2 days out of the week?

Okay. Thanks for sharing
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your doc ran labs to determine you had high cholesterol? Sooooooo.....if detoxing your liver was something that was possible and would work, why didn't your doc tell you to take two water fasts and call him in the morning?
    You're clearly not aware how the medical profession keeps us unhealthy in order to profit from us. What benefit is it to your doctor if you're too well to need him. Also, your doctor isn;t getting a kickback or a sweet Hawaiian vacation from a pharma co if he "prescribes" water, now is he? Think about it.

Wow. I've heard some tosh in my time but a global conspiracy by all clinicians to keep us unwell? :laugh: :noway:

Next you'll be talking about the Illuminati, New World Order and the X Files.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of lemon juice and make sure that the water you are drinking is hot. Make sure you are raising your metabolism every hour for about 5 minutes as this will keep your lymph system alert and moving.
  • DavPul
    Options
    No, I am not mistaken. You are. It's obvious that you didn't watch the documentary because the whole point is to eat less to live longer. The documentary even starts out with a 100 year old man who barely eats anything. And Mosley's approach is to fast two days a week at a maximum of 500 calories as 500 has the same beneficial effects as Zero calories. The Same thing but you would have known that had you actually watched the documentary.

Okay. Thanks for sharing

Wait, so someone who didn't bother to watch the Documentary? Thanks for the 2 cents, Troll.

You're hilarious. I do hope you'll hang around the forums longer. The more crazy in the forums the better, IMO
  • SRH7
    Options
    Drink lots of lemon juice and make sure that the water you are drinking is hot. Make sure you are raising your metabolism every hour for about 5 minutes as this will keep your lymph system alert and moving.

Why, exactly? It tastes nice and contains vitamin C but beyond that has no "cleansing" or "metabolism boosting" benefit, real or otherwise.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

Okay. Thanks for sharing

Wait, so someone who didn't bother to watch the Documentary? Thanks for the 2 cents, Troll.

You're hilarious. I do hope you'll hang around the forums longer. The more crazy in the forums the better, IMO

I guess the forum mods don't like it when I call people trolls, even if that is exactly what you were doing when you put words in my mouth. I never said fasting 2 days a week is the only way to live longer. I said it was Mosley's approach to doing so.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    1.DO NOT do that. That will be horrible for your body.

2. What I do: Every morning I start my day with a cup of hot water and lemon. I also do a "Detox" Yoga session every morning. It aids your digestion as well. It is just 20 minutes but it is full of twists and inversions which help rinse out your organs.

3.And seek some advice from your doctor. He may have some natural cleansing tips for you as well. A water fast will not be healthy for you in the long run!

Good advise on 1 and 3, but HOW does one "rise out your organs "?????:sad: :huh:

You put a garden hose up your butt... duh!

You know people on here will take this post seriously, let Darwin do his work.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your doc ran labs to determine you had high cholesterol? Sooooooo.....if detoxing your liver was something that was possible and would work, why didn't your doc tell you to take two water fasts and call him in the morning?

You're clearly not aware how the medical profession keeps us unhealthy in order to profit from us. What benefit is it to your doctor if you're too well to need him. Also, your doctor isn;t getting a kickback or a sweet Hawaiian vacation from a pharma co if he "prescribes" water, now is he? Think about it.

Wow you must think doctors are pretty horrible people, that they would let people be sick and miserable just for money.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options

lolwut?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Okay. Thanks for sharing

So if 500 calories has the same effect as 0, then I should be able to eat 500x more calories than I am now. Sweet, thanks!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is making me laugh. People are conspiracy theorists. Have a healthy diet, exercise more, have a deficit and lose some weight. Cholesterol will go down.

"Detoxinating the liver" ....wow
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options

That does not sound like living, to me.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    1.DO NOT do that. That will be horrible for your body.

2. What I do: Every morning I start my day with a cup of hot water and lemon. I also do a "Detox" Yoga session every morning. It aids your digestion as well. It is just 20 minutes but it is full of twists and inversions which help rinse out your organs.

3.And seek some advice from your doctor. He may have some natural cleansing tips for you as well. A water fast will not be healthy for you in the long run!

Good advise on 1 and 3, but HOW does one "rise out your organs "?????:sad: :huh:

you have never rinsed your own organs? You take a scalpel and cut yourself open..you then proceed to take your organs and put them in washing machine which you put on "gentle" cycle...once washed you dry them and put them back in you = organ rinsing

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

can i put them in the dryer after the washing machine? i don't like cold organs. they give me the chills.
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    Options
    Wow you must think doctors are pretty horrible people, that they would let people be sick and miserable just for money.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfdRLiN57C3k5hUikgLOfIPOtWS4WNAVL6oyZxfrnEwqFoOq8i

Edited to resize pic
  • DavPul
    Options

And no one profits from selling people these mystical cleanses?

Lol@you believing doctors would let people die if they can get a vacation out of it.