Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ May '10

Options
May Thread for the Fit & Fun Sized Group! Petite size group 5'4 & under. Any short people who need support are welcome!!!

Replies

• jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Can't believe it is May already!! It is feeling like summer time here! Hot & humid!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: jzbaby thanks for starting the new thread for May.....I need direction:laugh:

I am again resolving to do yoga and pilates regularly
    today I took the half watched "Avatar" DVD out of the player to put in my yoga, then pilates DVD so I am on the right track.:bigsmile: after two days of rain and no walks with the dogs or DH I am eager to be more active today.
    Happy May to us "shorties"
  • Keakia
    Keakia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy May! I got my butt on the treadmill and even jogged a little today. I know I need to give myself some credit for it, but it's hard to not be able to do what I used to. Sometimes it's hard to not compared yourself to others...Just keep going, right?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Sometimes it's hard to not compared yourself to others...Just keep going, right?
    You are so right about comparing. i try to only compare myself to what I did yesterday........if I compete against myself then I have a great chance of success.....if I compete against someone who is decades younger, I'm bound to fail :):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started a boot camp today at my gym. It's MWF through the month of May. Time to get that bikini bod ready!
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it's May!
    This afternoon I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at 6.2 (9:40) pace without doing any intervals / taking any breaks (the fastest I've run that distance possibly ever).

Here's to a great month everybody!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello.

JZ - Thanks for starting the new thread.

For May I am really going to try and change just one thing - I'm going to really, really try to not use the elevator at work. I never use to, but then started due to my sore legs from exercising. But, I was just being wimpy. lol So, today I walked up and down the stairs every time but once. My new walking buddy can't go upstairs because of her knee, so after our 15 minute walk we rode the elevator back up.

Happy Monday all,

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's Tuesday gets off to a great start. I slept pretty well last night which is something that doesn't happen often so I can appreciate it. Today is week 3 day 2 of the P90X program and it's a cardio day. Since I have been pretty successful w/HIIT I decided to try it again today. I really pushed myself w/the HIIT today and was very, very proud of myself.

Here's how I completed the routine today

5 minutes - warm up - 5.0 mph
    30 second sprint - 8.0 mph
    2 minute - recovery speed 6.0 mph
    30 second sprint - 8.0 mph
    2 minute - recovery speed 6.0 mph

I alternated between my sprint and recovery speeds for a total of 30 minutes.

Last week my sprint speed was 7.7 mph so I increased it just a bit. Next week I may try incorporating some type of incline into the equation but I'm not sure just yet.

Once the HIIT was completed I hoped on the spinning bike for 15 minutes and then completed a 15 minute ab circuit.

I'm glad I found you ladies. I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts but will try to get to it before the end of the day. Have a great day everyone.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hi everyone. For the month of May, I am making my goal a small one, but something that is realistic for me to shoot for. I think when I make my goal a pound a week I start to get a little overwhelmed when I get behind & then tend to give up. So I am taking a different approach this month.
    I weighed-in yesterday at 141.4. My goal for May 31st is 139.0. If I can get there & STAY there, I will be happy. If I lose any extra it will be a bonus. I have been eating pretty good for the last week, but I am still trying to get back to exercising. The lazy bug has come and I am having a hard time getting him to leave!!!!

Barbie- Thanks for the request! I didn't relize we werent friends yet!! And I like how you said "I try to only can compare myself to what I did yesterday." That is a great way to look at it & so true!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Wednesday! Today is week 3 day 3 of the P90X program so it's a shoulders and arms day. I was able to get some decent sleep last night so I woke up refreshed and ready to "Bring It". I used my new 10 lb weights and it definitely made a difference w/the exercises especially the shoulders, can anyone say BURN. Workout is complete and I'm feeling pretty good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jzbaby: Hope you have more success w/your weight loss goals in May. Stay focused and get the healthy eating and great workouts in.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Choco!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think today was my highest calorie burn ever........I got up early and had time for pilates and the exercise bike before going to line dance class
    after lunch I did about 30 minutes of wii sports (batting, tennis, bowling, and golf) before going to the dog park for over an hour
    after supper I did yoga and rode the exercise bike.....I'll get a sticker on the calendar tonight and probably won't be able to move tomorrow laugh I'm alternating days on the wii sports and playing right handed one day and left handed the next
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! TOM has arrived and it's kicking my *kitten*. I've tried fighting back but all the kickboxing/Kenpo X in the world is not helping me win this battle. Like the singer Monica says "It's just one of those days, that a girl goes through, when you're angry inside, don't wanna take it out on you, it's just one of those days, don't take it personal........". I'm just not feeling it today. My body is sooo achy and I had to get up and come to work. I think the thing that's bothering me the most is that now that TOM has arrived early there's a STRONG possibility that I will be dealing w/it during my trip to L.A. at the end of the month.

Ok, no more ranting and raving it's here, I'm achy and I'll deal with it. Today is week 3 day 4 of the P90X program so I was suppose to complete Yoga X. I knew that wasn't happening so I threw in the Cardio X dvd instead. I've always liked this dvd b/c it allows you to sample a little Yoga, Kenpo, Plyo and Core plus it's a lot shorter than the other dvds.
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on MFP for 4 weeks now and things are going pretty good. I'm 4'11 and my SW was 144 now I'm 139.5. My goal for May is to lose 5lbs, and my ultimate goal is to be 115. Definitely gonna kick up my exercise and eat healthier this month.
  • Keakia
    Options
    Hello! It's been a few days since checking in here, but it's not for lack of thought! lol... My goal this month is to kick up my exercise!

CaseyLynn- We are in the same boat! I'm 4'11 too! 115 at this point would be marvelous! You can do this!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in GA, the sun is shining bright but it's going to be a hot one. Since I'm off today I'm going to mow the lawn before the heat becomes too brutal but I wanted to check in prior to heading out.

Today is week 3 day 5 of the P90X program and the "Leg and Back" dvd is complete. TOM is still trying to kick my tail but I'm fighting back harder today. Despite the achy body I really tried to bring it this morning and feel pretty good w/the outcome. I have one more day before I begin recovery week and i'm really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome Caseylynn, I wish you nothing but success on your weight loss journey.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"...Been on MFP since the Feb (or the end of January)...I just gained 4 pounds...been doing good since I started, not sure what happened...someone said it was muscle..but 4 pounds of muscle...I don't think so!! :-( Need help to get back on track...Hope everyone has a better Friday than me....

Tomorrow is a new day...
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    CaseyLynn- We are in the same boat! I'm 4'11 too! 115 at this point would be marvelous! You can do this!!!

That makes 3 of us! :happy: I am 4'11 & 141 lbs. My goal is 115-120 (we'll see when I get closer lol). Hopefully we can keep eachother motivated to get it done!! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group CaseyLynn & Light1980!
  • Keakia
    Options
    jzbaby-Doesn't it make you feel good just knowing that there are others of us out there, (the "extra" shorties that we are), all dealing with the same struggles? We are not alone and that's a wonderful thing!
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chocolickkyss- Thanks so much! Good luck to you!

Keakia and jzbaby- How cool?! We can do it!!!...I love this site :smile: