Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ May '10

Options

Replies

• CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh in day for me, and I was scared to look at the scale. To my surprise, I lost 1 pound!!!! Not much but any loss is a good one, especially since this week was filled with lots of food and little excercise. I'm kicking it up for the next week and hopefully I can lose 2lbs.

Chocolickkyss and Light1980-I'm certainly not a morning person (I sleep till 3pm if I have no where to go :yawn: ) but I'm definitly going to get my body on a better schedule and excercise in the morning.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Light1980: I haven't been on much lately, but I find that I do so much better when I am on and logging more. It helps me to be more accountable to me. I also love the support of the boards and our group.

I have to be at work at 7 and I really find it hard to get up earlier than necessary. However, I applaud the people who do.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Marilla - I have a short 10 minute strength training I routine I do in the morning with 1 pound weights. It doesn't make me sweat, so I can do it after I'm dressed for work if I have to. If nothing else it makes me feel good that at least I got something in even on the most hectic of mornings. On better days I do more before work.

I am doing well and hope the scale will move in the right direction the next time I get on it.

Happy hump day all and my you all make good choices heading up to the weekend.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Thank Goodness It's Friday! This week seemed particularly long and I'm glad to have it almost behind me. My mood started out a bit funky but I'm sooo glad I didn't let it get the best of me b/c I feel much better today. I purchased a airline ticket to go home in a couple of months (I live in GA but am originally from Boston) and as soon as I clicked the "purchase" button my spirtis lifted. I absolutely love GA but I have no family here so I guess I'm really missing my family and close girlfriends. Anyway, the ticket is purchased and my mood is better.

Today is week 4 day 5 of the P90X program and I decided to complete the Core Cardio and Balance dvd. As I stated in previous posts, I really enjoy this workout and I woke up w/alot of energy and really gave it my all.

Caseylynn: Everyone definitely has to find the right time and workout for them if it's going to be a true lifestyle change so getting a workout routine together I think will be so beneficial for you. I'm soooo happy that I'm a morning person b/c it really allows me to get the workout out of the way and have the rest of my day to do whatever I please. Especially during the warmer months b/c there are so many after work functions going on here in GA that I would hate to miss them b/c I have to workout. Congratulations on the 1 lb loss. Keep up the great work.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Another pound gained...what is wrong....grr!!! I was up to a loss of 17 pounds, but the last 2 weeks I have gained 5 pounds (my scale on MFP is off by one pound because I was one pound lighter from my original weight when I started on MFP)....

Choco: My workout is just Walk-Away the Pounds video...I do between 2-3 miles every morning and I just started a Biggest Loser DVD last week that so kicks my butt, but I love it. Hopefully once school is finished (I work at a School as an ESL Aide) then I'll be able to have more time to actually get outside to run. When I work out at the gym, I usually do about 40 minutes of cardio, sometimes 60 minutes, and then I sit in the sauna...love the sauna...

Happy Friday!! :-)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Saturday! I hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a great start. Today is week 4 day 6 of the P90X program and I just finished rocking out the Core Synergistics dvd. I did see some small improvement w/a few of the exercises so that put a smile on my face.

Well today will be mixed w/work and fun. I have a work assignment that needs to be completed this weekend so I'm going to knock that out some time today and then there's a kite festival here in GA and I'm going to check that out.

Light: I do the WATP dvd on Sunday's as my light day and I've really enjoyed it. I've also done the Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels dvds and you're right they kick some major butt. Now that I've been doing Insanity and P90X they don't seem as intense but it's definitely a great workout.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I walked the dogs and got on the stationary bike today for my exercise. I've had a good weekend eventhough I did go to a party and ate cake. I don't believe in giving up all that stuff as I really don't want to go the rest of my life without ever having cake again. So I just exercise extra on the days before and after.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your Sunday.

JAM
  • Keakia
    Keakia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Can't believe the weekend is nearly over! I've been dealing with two sick girls the last 3 days, but managed to get on the treadmill twice. I feel pretty good about that!
    I'm BEAT tired, so have some fun out there for me, okay? Enjoy the rest of the day!
    :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone's Sunday has been as great and productive as mine. It's an absolutely beautiful day here in GA and I was able to enjoy it a little bit before returning home. Today is week 4 day 7 of the P90X program so it's suppose to be a rest day. Instead of doing my typical WATP or Stretch X dvd I decided to try my hand at jogging/running outside.

I was up and out the house by 8:45 am and at the park by 9 am. So I began jogging a little timid b/c I wasn't really sure if I would be able to jog for the duration of the course. I tried jogging outside back in the colder months and didn't do to well so I didn't have high expectations. However, I was able to get into a decent rhythm and before I knew it I had jogged 1.22 miles in 10 minutes and 30 seconds.....Once at my starting point I took a quick breather and took off running again and would you believe it that I was able to finish in slightly less than 10 minutes......WooHoo, WooHoo, WooHoo! Now I'll admit if felt damn good knowing I could complete more than 2 miles in 20 minutes but I'm unsure if I can do it again.

My hat goes off and I'm taking a bow to all you runners out there b/c that's serious business. Although I did pretty well today I do wonder if I could have done better if I wasn't struggling w/where to put my ipod, car keys, id and phone. So, my question to all you runners is what do you do w/all your things? I can't imagine jogging around the park w/o my id and a cell phone in case of an emergency put I didn't really have great place to put everything. I had a really small purse that I used but it was a bit of an inconvenience.

After completing my 2+ miles around the park I walked another one as a cool down.

Keakia: Hope your girls are feeling better and great job w/getting the workout in despite the obstacle. Keep up the great work.
  • megatron123
    megatron123 Posts: 18
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I'm 5'3'', and as I've been looking through the posts here, you all seem like a great motivation to each other!

I've lost about 14 pounds since I started really watching what I eat and exercising about 7 weeks ago (I've only been logging on MFP for a few weeks). I definitely want to stay motivated to keep it up!

Just got back from the gym - one hour on the elliptical. I'm planning on doing the Wii Active later tonight after I get some work done.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all! Today is week 5 day 1 of the P90X program which means it's Chest, Shoulders and Triceps day. This was my very first time completing this workout and I just want to say that it should be illegal to have to do that many push-ups (slow motion 3 in 1, plange, floor fly, 2 twitch speed, side to side, 1 arm, clap/plyo and 1 arm balance push ups) in on day. Since these push ups are soooo much more extreme (in my opinion) than the ones done during month 1 I had to complete a great portion of them on my knees and as a result earned my first P90X injury............rug burn on my knee. :noway: :noway: I've never been a fan of chest exercises and these push ups definitely didn't help but I know next week to use my yoga mat.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I'm 5'3'', and as I've been looking through the posts here, you all seem like a great motivation to each other!

I've lost about 14 pounds since I started really watching what I eat and exercising about 7 weeks ago (I've only been logging on MFP for a few weeks). I definitely want to stay motivated to keep it up!

Just got back from the gym - one hour on the elliptical. I'm planning on doing the Wii Active later tonight after I get some work done.

It's never too late to join this group......welcome.......we try to keep each other on track...some are more focused than others.....I'm on my way home from a trip to visit family where my workouts were mostly aiming for 10,000+ steps on my pedometer......I didn't log food or exercise but I stayed faithful to healthy eating and stayed in motion whenever possible.
    I can't wait to get home to my stationery bike, dogs to walk, Wii sports, and exercise DVDs....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I feel so neglectful b/c I usually post first thing in the morning but this day has really gotten away from me. I woke up on time but decided to lay in the bed another 30 minutes which threw my entire morning routine off. Today is week 5 day 2 of the P90X program which means it's Plyometrics day. I had not done this workout since re-starting P90X because I wanted my knee to rest from all the Insanity jumping. The rest from all the jumping proved to be truly beneficial b/c I was able to rock out the Plyometrics dvd this morning. I completed the entire workout w/o modifying any of the moves......WooHoo :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    It's hump day, It's hump day! Can you tell I'm excited it's mid week? I've been really tired these past two days and I'm not feeling that great today either. I'm not sure if my mind and body have already gone on vacation but I need to get it together b/c there's a full week before my friends and I leave for Los Angeles.

Anyway, today is week 5 day 3 of the P90X program which means it's back and bicep day. This was my first time completing this workout and it wasn't too bad. I still can't really do pull ups so i'm opting for the resistance bands. I can feel the pull in the back so i think I'm getting a good workout. I used 10 lb weights for every exercise that required dumbbells and I was able to feel the burn by the last 3 reps. I know I'll have to invest in 12 or 15 lbs soon enough b/c there are a few moves that I felt I could have rocked out w/heavier weights.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Another new shortie here! I'm 5'1 1/2" (the 1/2 is important, as all shorties know!) :) I'm getting back to exercising again... I started in January after way too long of a break but then got sidelined by allergy/asthma problems. I'm hoping those are on track to being manageable and back to exercising again! I have a LONG way to go and for now I am just walking (outside or doing Walk Away the Pounds, depending on the weather and my motivation). I'm a (mostly) stay-at-home mom with a 4 year old. Hoping to introduce him to a new bike with training wheels soon so I can walk outside while he bikes! (He is not overweight in the least but not too physically active... probably *my* example... but he does love doing "exercise movies" like WATP with me!) I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. I need a support group and some ladies making me be accountable to keep at this for more than a month or so this time!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    It's Thursday and just one day closer to the weekend. My body is still not cooperating b/c I really feel like I'm dragging in body and mind. I'm beginning to wonder if i'm overexerting myself in some form or fashion b/c I've been going strong w/these workouts since January and I've been working back in the office since February. While I am a morning person and much rather get the workout over and done w/it, I wonder if all these 5 am workouts are beginning to run their course. I'm going to try to stay w/this routine until next week since vacation starts then and there won't be a real routine. I just know something has to give b/c I'm not really feeling like myself and I don't like it.

Today is week 5 day 4 of the P90X program which means it's a YOGA day. If you've read any of my previous posts you know I don't do yoga so I switched it ups w/Insanity's Core Cardio and Balance dvd. Love this workout, it's short and to the point but definitely gets the job done.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll try to check in a little later.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It felt good to be back to my familiar routine. I did yoga ( new workout with some poses I can't do because I'm not flexible enough) and the 35 minute beginners' pilates routine that I like. I did three 20 minute sessions on the exercise bike and the advanced line dance class in the morning. I only got about 6000 steps on my pedometer because I didn't have my usual walk at the dog park but altogether it was a fabulous workout day. I thought I'd have a chance to work in the yard but the wind kicked up at noon and by the time we finished lunch it was raining hard.

:flowerforyou: melody, we just came back from staying with our son and his family that includes a four year old so I have a very clear vision of the challenge of trying to work out with a four year old in the house.......I wish you the best

:flowerforyou: Chocolickkyss, you have been so faithful to your heavy duty workouts for a long time, maybe it is time to make some sort of change.........your vacation might point you in the right direction......I'm a newcomer to yoga and I'm curious about why you don't do it...it's not my favorite because I like to be more active.

:flowerforyou: let's all have a great day and stay active.:bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    flowerforyou: Chocolickkyss, you have been so faithful to your heavy duty workouts for a long time, maybe it is time to make some sort of change.........your vacation might point you in the right direction......I'm a newcomer to yoga and I'm curious about why you don't do it...it's not my favorite because I like to be more active.

I don't like yoga for the very reason it's not your favorite. It's just too slow for my taste and it doesn't help that the P90X yoga workout is 90 minutes long. Everyone tells me to look into some dvds by other ppl but haven't wrapped my mind around that just yet. Let me know how you like them and which ones you have.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday! This has been one heck of a week and I can't wait for it to end and the weekend to begin. I really hope I can return to my normal vibrant self soon. Once again I awoke w/no desire to get up and workout but I made myself. However, I wasn't able to complete the P90X Leg and Back routine b/c I had wasted too much time, so, I opted for a shorter (still a decent intensity) workout. I completed 36 minutes of the Cardio Mix and Melt dvd from the Melt It Off series.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday...lost .5 pound this week, which is better than the last 2 weeks..so from the 5 pounds I gained the last 2 weeks, I've lost 1/2 a pound....this week I was not able to get up to work out but that's because I've been sick. Finally feeling better. My cousin said once you get a boyfriend (it will be 2 months on Monday) you get fat (or in my case fatter) but I told her Rob has been very motivational..but he likes me the way I am...but he does help out. When we go camping, he doesn't mind waking up early in the morning when I'm getting ready to go run...he'll be getting up early tomorrow because tomorrow is a new day and I'm definitely going to get up to run!!!

I started putting my food back into mfp...once I stopped doing that, that's when I started gaining the weight back even though I was still working out...I need to get back on track!!! My goal for next week is to lose a whole pound...I CAN DO IT!!!!!! :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!