Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ May '10

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome CaseyLynn, Keakia and Light1980! Glad you found this forum and hope you stay posting here.

I've had a good week and like everyone else has mentioned my goal is to bump up the exercise.

For those new, my DD had extensive surgery in March and the rehab has been taking a toll on what ever free time I thought I had to do anything. Good news - DD can start running and walking this weekend!

So DD, DS and I are starting to train to run a charity 5k together by winter. Although, I will probably be walking part of it.

How about a summer/fall challenge to each do a 5k walk/run for your favorite charity?

It will get us all outside, moving, benefit a good cause and get us a new teeshirt.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I'M BACK! The TOM symptoms have finally subsided and I hit the ground running this morning. Today is week 3 day 6 of the P90X program and I got up at 6 am to rock it out w/the Kenpo X dvd. After "Bringing It' w/Kenpo, I hopped in the shower so I could bring a friend to the airport. Once my friend was dropped off I headed to the gym and did 30 minutes on the stairmaster and a 15 minute ab circuit. Feeling great after the workout I headed to the sauna so I could relax for a little bit and then grapped a protein shake as I was leaving the gym. Since it's an absolutely beautiful day here in GA I decided to continue my shopping and was able to find 2 pair of sandals and a pair of sneakers....Woo HOO! Once I was done shopping I decided to rent a couple of movies and grab lunch. I've finally made it back to the house and I'm really looking forward to relaxing the remainder of the day.

Hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a wonderful start.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy mother's day to all the mom's out there. I hope your children are allowing you to enjoy your day however you desire. My post will be quick today b/c I am about to head out for a little bit and then plan on preparing my clothes and things for the upcoming work week. Today is week 3 day 7 of the P90X program so I completed 30 minutes of stretching.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms in our forum,

This should be a lowkey day for us ending with dinner out. I plan on walking the dogs and exercising as much as I can throughout the day.

Enjoy!

JAM
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Mothers Day
    i got text messages from two friends this morning :bigsmile: My mother has been gone for almost 20 years and my MIL died this year---my only children are step children who usually don't acknowledge the day and pets who treat me like every day is Mothers Day so I happy today.

:drinker: we're doing our Isagenix cellular cleanse today so eating out is not an option :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we're leaving tomorrow for a nine day trip that will include more restaurant meals than usual so I will be treated over and over and have to be very careful to stay balanced.

:bigsmile: Yesterday I went on a day trip with a friend......I brought my own food so I skipped the lasagne lunch that was served and took a walk in the sunshine instead.......I walked for 30 minutes on the passenger deck of the ferry going and coming home and rode the exercise bike in the morning and evening and stayed within my calories (just barely :bigsmile: )
  • Keakia
    Keakia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day! It's a bit windy here in Las Vegas today....but beautiful, sunny blue skies! Hope everyone is enjoying their day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! It's another beautiful day to the beginning of the work week. Today is week 4 day 1 of the P90X program which means it's RECOVERY WEEK, WooHoo!!!! According to the calendar I was suppose to complete the Yoga workout but switched it out w/the Core Cardio and Balance dvd of the Insanity program. I hadn't completed an Insanity workout in over 4 weeks so it felt good rock out to it this morning. This particular workout is one of my favorites since it doesn't move at such an extreme pace. I'm actually able to complete every last exercise w/no stopping until I get to balance portion. The hip flexor and arm burners are killer moves and I usually have to break a couple of times. I also like this workout b/c it's pretty short. I mean I rocked it out and 37 minutes later it was over.

I just finished eating a nice hearty bowl of oatmeal w/strawberries and a little added protein powder and it was delicious.

I'm running a tad behind schedule so I only had a chance to skim the posts. I will try to read everyone's in detail a little later.

Have a great day everyone!
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! Mother's Day Weekend wasn't a good one (although it was for my mom :flowerforyou: ) My sister graduated from college on Saturday so we were at the ceremony half the day. Then ofcourse we celebrated with FOOD (Applebees). We were supposed to go to the movies but ended up at a friends house talking allll night. So I get back home really late and NO excercise! The only thing I had eaten besides Applebees was yogurt, but the meal I ordered by itself was more calories then my daily allowance (not to mention appetizers) :ohwell: On Sunday...went to church, out to eat AGAIN, to the movies, grocery shopping, to my grandfathers house, and the gas station (random lol). Once again I got home really late and had NO excercise.

Anyways, I hope everyone else's weekend went a little better, especially all the Mommies. I'm starting over today and getting back on track, but I must admit that I'm dreading weigh in this week. :indifferent:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: We leave in about an hour to go to California for our daughter's graduation from college.....because we are staying with our son and his family (imagine four adults, two teenagers, and a toddler in a house with one bathroom and one computer) we may not get to the computer much on the trip.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: so I decided to give myself a vacation from posting food and exercise. The first thoughts through my head this morning were to eat a "little extra" breakfast since I wasn't going to post it. But on a saner note as I was packing the cooler, I was mentally counting calories (apple slices 55 calories, hard boiled egg 70 calories......) so I guess I count whether I log it or not.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: The cats have been dropped off at The Cat's Pajamas, DH is getting his hair cut, then we drop the poodles off at the boarding place and head south........:sad: :sad: it's raining so it won't be the most beautiful drive but we love the rain because it keeps Washington green :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I'll post when I can.......let's all stay focused......we can do this. :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We ate at the Japanese Kitchen last night and it was wonderful Even having Tempura Ice Cream for dessert did not put me over my calories. I just exercised throughout the day in anticipation. lol

I've started adding 1 pound weights to my workout where ever I can and they really do change the tone of the workouts.

Happy Monday to all and appreciate all that you have today.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Ahhh! Mother's Day Weekend wasn't a good one (although it was for my mom :flowerforyou: ) My sister graduated from college on Saturday so we were at the ceremony half the day. Then ofcourse we celebrated with FOOD (Applebees). We were supposed to go to the movies but ended up at a friends house talking allll night. So I get back home really late and NO excercise! The only thing I had eaten besides Applebees was yogurt, but the meal I ordered by itself was more calories then my daily allowance (not to mention appetizers) :ohwell: On Sunday...went to church, out to eat AGAIN, to the movies, grocery shopping, to my grandfathers house, and the gas station (random lol). Once again I got home really late and had NO excercise.

Anyways, I hope everyone else's weekend went a little better, especially all the Mommies. I'm starting over today and getting back on track, but I must admit that I'm dreading weigh in this week. :indifferent:

I generally work out in the morning in order to avoid the possibility of not getting a workout in. If you have any dvd's that you can do first thing in the morning I would recommend it that way no matter how the rest of your day goes the workout would have been completed and accounted for.
  • Keakia
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Food/exercise this past weekend wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that great either. Overall, I think I did okay and didn't go over my cal. counts. I was really craving things that I shouldn't have and that hasn't happened in about a month. I need to learn how to handle it when it does. Any good suggestions that work for you when those "pesky" cravings arise?
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey ladies. I had a great mothers day! I know I went over on calories, but I knew that would happen. Today I am doing good. Tomorrow's weigh in day for me, so I dont know how it will go...
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am once again trying to get back on track with exercise and logging my food. I got married the end of January and put some weight that I had worked so hard to lose back on. I am so frustrated with myself for doing it because I was only about 10 pounds from my ultimate goal on my wedding day. I feel better when I take better care of myself with a healthy diet and exercise, so I don't know why it is so hard for me to stick with it.

Today I was within my calories and I went to a Zumba class.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday! Today is week 4 day 2 of the P90X program and it's still recovery week. Today I completed the Core Synergistics dvd and it's quite the workout. Since I'm not as familiar w/this dvd as some of the other P90X workouts it took me a minute to get in the swing of things and there were a few moves that I truly struggled with (bow/boat, sphinx push ups, dreya roll) but stuck w/it the best I could. Since it's recovery week I have to complete this workout later in the week so hopefully I'll see a little improvement then. Nonetheless, the workout is done and I'm happy that I did my best.

Jzbaby: Glad you enjoyed your mother's day. Snap back and get the workouts in, eat healthy and drink plenty of water. Good luck w/your weigh in.

Marilla: Welcome back and congratulations on your wedding. Im sure you'll be able to bounce back and take off any weight gained over the last few months. It's good you realized it early and have a chance to combat it before regaining all of the lost weight. Since you know what to do now it's just a matter of doing it. We are here to support you along your journey.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the support. You are all very inspiring. It is great to know that there are other Fit & Fun Sized people out there.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Hump Day all! Today is week 4 day 3 of the P90X program and I'm still enjoying recovery week. According to the P90X schedule I was suppose to complete the Kenpo X dvd but opted for the Core Cardio and Balance dvd from the Insanity workout. I truly enjoy this dvd. While it's not as long as the others (37 minutes) it gives you a good solid work full body workout. I am also happy to announce today was the first time I was able to complete the entire 3.22 minutes of the shoulder burners in plie stance w/o every putting my arms down. My shoulders were seriously burning but I kept breathing through the burn and before you knew it the entire 3 minutes had passed. I think I'm going to finish my week off w/this workout b/c I really do enjoy it.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! :bigsmile:

Haven't been on in a while...going to weigh in on Friday, but not feeling very positive about it...don't know why I'm in a rut :grumble: right now...I was doing so good since February...hopefully getting back on here will help (been so busy haven't had a chance to get on)

Chocolickkyss: I'm just like you...I like to get up to work out just in case I can't make it to the gym. Since Feb, I've been getting up at 4:30 to work out before work...love my morning workouts. I also go to the health club after work (when I can) plus on Tuesday nights I go to a Zumba class...love it!

Marilla: I LOVE ZUMBA....I never miss a class when they have it on the schedule of the gym I go too....I never make plans on Tuesday nights...never!!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Let me start by stating that I'm really tired and I had absolutely NO DESIRE to get out the bed this morning never mind trying to complete a workout. However, I dug deeper and found some strength from within and got out the bed and 40 minutes later the workout was complete. Today is week 4 day 5 of the P90X program and I was supposed to do the stretch X dvd but opted for Cardio X instead.

I've felt so distracted lately and I need to get my mind right. I am sooooooo looking forward to this L.A. trip b/c I just dont want to be in GA right now. I'm not sure what this funky mood is about but it's been here a few days and I need it to go invade someone else's space. I know that "This Too Shall Pass" so i'm holding on until then.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll try to check in later.

Light1980: Glad to learn i'm not the only person who gets their workout done in the morning. Sometimes I hate getting up that early but I'm always glad I did once the workout is complete. What's your home workout like?
  • Keakia
    Options
    Whew! I am DRAGGING this morning! My three year old got up sick at 4 am. That threw off my morning. I need to get my butt on that treadmill now, even though I have ZERO desire. I have to get my workouts in the am or it doesn't happen. Once the girls get up, there's no way.
    Choco and LIght1980--I know what you're feeling! I'm sooo there too!
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!!