weight and dress size - ladies

Options

Replies

• kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Am not weighing myself for a while, as I don't find that helps me at all. Last time I got on the scales (about 3 weeks ago) I was 136lbs. My ultimate goal is 126lbs. So far have lost 14lbs - but have to admit this was all down to knee surgery I had last year and the pain meds caused nausea and loss of appetite. But of course more than happy with that now, lol.

I am 5ft 5ins tall, an hour glass figure. Currently 12 or 14 (UK) tops and 10 (UK) trousers and skirts. I am happy with the 10 bottoms, but would like to be a constant 12 for tops and dresses.
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'4", 138 and wear about a 2-4 dress size, depending on the brand.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, I weigh 155lbs and at the moment I'm a UK size 10-12, but would like to be a comfortable 10! My bra size is currently 34 which I'd like to get down to a 32. But most of all I want to be toned, so if I stayed at my current weight and dress size but had lovely toned arms and legs and a flatter stomach, I'd be happy!! I always used to obsess over the scales but I'm trying to tell myself they don't matter as much, it's how I feel and if I'm comfortable in my clothes! :-)

But my clothes size also changes on what shop I'm in!! I ordered a pair of h&m jeans the other day size 12, and I swear I'd have needed a size 18 to have them fit!!! It's crazy how things can change! I have a pair of jeans already from there in a size 10 which fit! Lol x
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and want to be 119lbs, a UK size 8.

Currently im 135 pounds and im a UK size 12 (so much body fat)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", a cross between an hour glass and pear.

I currently weigh 239 and wear a US 16-18 depending on the cut.

Right now my goal is a size 12, but I'm not sure at what weight I will hit that goal... I think around 180ish. Once I get there I will re-adjust if I need to. Like you my ultimate goal is to look and feel more healthy.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and right now I'm at 260lbs. Still in my 18s (US) even though they fit me 35 lbs less, 5 months ago. I have no idea what size I want to be; when I weighed 290 I was in a size 20, I lost 75lbs and was in a size 18. I couldn't believe that after losing that much, I had only gone down 1 pant size. BUT that was also when I learned to stop judging myself so much by numbers and focus on how I felt and what I saw in the mirror. I had lost a big chunk of weight and it showed! Friends and family noticed, I noticed. I felt AMAZING! I may have been in an 18, but I looked damn good in that 18! LOL. Not gonna lie, they are slightly tighter now than they were before but I'm back on track and working on it ;)
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Who ever put up about the my body gallery site... That thing is awesome! And what a wonderful and empowering idea!
  • owl5454
    owl5454 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm around 147 and 5'3/4 I'm a 10 (UK sizes) on top and a 12/14 on Bottom.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I am 5ft 7, 174lbs and wear a UK size 14 - starting to get into my 'bigger' UK size 12s.

Don't you just hate clothes that are all different sizes!
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, my current weight is 158lb. I wear a size US size 12. I do not like how I look in my clothes presently. Two years ago I weighed 140lb and wore a size 8 (US). I liked how I looked MUCH better, getting back to that slowly but surely.
  • Sarab120
    Sarab120 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 158 lbs and a us sz 13. I want to get down to 120 or at least a sz 5
  • ejlacey
    ejlacey Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and weigh 120lbs, and wear a size 8-10
  • lell22
    lell22 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Ladies ... What a great topic and look how many of us are invovled :)

Ok, I started here in Jan 2013 and was 196lbs (14st) and was wear a size 16 in everything - I'm 5'7'' too. My body shape is naturally a pear shape, so all hips, thighs and bum, however, since having an enlargement my figure is more even and i'm looking more hour glass.

I have been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour session and attending classes and I have noticed that my shape has changed, its not looking as 'bloated' and i have been measuring myself and girls my advise is get that measuring tape out, its greap inspiration, i mean i lost 1.5inches off my neck alone!!!

I am now 175lbs (12st 7lbs) so I've lost 21lbs so far. I am still wearing my size16 jeans they are loser round the waist and i need to wear a belt, but i haven't noticed a massive difference in majority of my clothes which is making me think nothing is happening but i suppose to make a difference i will have to lose a larger amount before they are 'falling off me'

I have been shopping recently and got into a size 14 jeans / skirts and tops recently from New Look & MissGuided. However, I have size 16 trousers from H&M that fit me now but i wouldn't fit into a size14 in H&M at the moment (They're clothes are so small)

I want to hit 12st by the end of April, I have been setting a goal of losing 7lbs per month so far. My main aim is to be as close to 11.7st (161lbs) at the end of May before i go on holiday and once i return it will be full steam ahead to try and slim down to a size 12 / 14 UK size.

x
  • DCookish74
    Options
    I must have the strangest body shape ever. Im 5'6", 176, US 16-18.
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 147 lbs. Size 8/medium. Used to be more of an apple shape, but starting to see more of an hour glass now, yay! I didn't think that was possible.
  • kerrileigh3
    Options
    I am 5'1-ish, 179 lbs. I tried on and bought my wedding dress 2 weeks ago in a size 16. The dress is a trumpet shape so it fits me like a glove at the hips and gets looser going up. I was horrified to be in that size, as I was in a dress size 12 about 2 1/2 years ago. :( My goal weight is still way off, but I did set a goal to be at 160 lbs. by my first fitting (in October). I have no doubts that I will hit that mark by then though! :)
  • slhodge78
    slhodge78 Posts: 16
    Options
    5'4" - 118 lbs
    2-4 in pants
    4-6 in dresses
  • Ragingwitch
    Ragingwitch Posts: 28
    Options
    I am 5ft7 and 139lb, and I wear a UK 10, with the odd 8 if it's jersey material. I'd like to return to 125-130lb and get back in the size 8s full time.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", weigh 129, size 4 dress, 3-5 size in jeans, so you may change your goal weight as you get closer , I am lean but still curvy, goodluck on your journey!!!!!
  • sweetestwave
    sweetestwave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", roundabout 140 lbs(maybe slightly under), and wear a UK size 10 on top and 12 on my bottom half. In March 2012 I was a roughly 149 lbs and a size 14, and beginning to push towards 16: that's when I decided I had to do something. Got down to 135 lbs in six weeks by eating dangerously little, was at about 145 again after Christmas last year, now heading back to 135 in a much more sensible way. Still, even when I was back at 145 I didn't need the size 14's again, though my clothes were a bit tight :laugh: