5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options
When I started with MFP (Jan 2012) I thought I knew my goal weight. I thought I would love to be at 180. I reached it last month and have since lost another 6lbs. I know all of our bodies are different shapes and sizes but was curious as to what your goal weight is? I was skinny at 145 when I was 18. I don't think that would be a good weight for me now, but I'm not sure of what my goals are now that I've passed up 180. I'm 174 now and am guessing 165ish would be my next goal to achieve and then maintain from there. I've recently upped my calorie intake to my TDEE -20% and have incorporated doing more weights to "tone" and define my muscles. What is your goal weight and/or goal size?

Replies

• IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am at 180. Used to be 345. Now.... I am just shooting for what feels good when I get there. I have learned that there is no magic number, and I will look better at 160 with weights than at 140 with just cardio...... I will just work until I get there. wherever "there" is.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and going for 174 for a start. That weight is based on 30% body fat if I maintain my lean muscle mass. Once I get there, I'll evaluate how I look and feel. I can't even fathom what clothing size that will be! How funny.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'7' but I would be happy with 180 right now. I have a very curvy figure and can handle it pretty well. I can't imagine ever being 135 which was my lowest at 17.
  • helix2000
    Options
    My goal is 160 - 165 which I think is a great weight for being 5'9". However, I'm just looking forward to getting under 200 at this point! =)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for 180 as a "first goal", just because i haven't been that weight as an adult before. I am pretty muscular and have an hourglass shape, so i can "get away" with being a higher weight. (example: at 220, i was a snug 14 in normal stores)

once i hit 180, i think i'm going to go on a cut/bulk: I'll work to get to 170, then i'll lift heavier and more aggressively, and prioritize protein. i'll let my weight bounce between 170 and 180 while i do that for 6ish months, then i'll evaluate what i want to do. I cannot even imagine myself being thinner than 170, but who knows how i'll feel once i get there.

honestly, i think 180 can look very different on different women, depending on your body shape and musculature.

My first was to be under 200! Then it was 180 because I wanted to be far enough under 200 where vacations and out of town trips home wouldn't push me over that 200lb mark. I am right now to the phase of trying to work on what you are calling cut/bulk. Not sure what shape I am....but I have the butt and the legs, small waist and now my boobs are running on empty =(
  • beadpimp
    beadpimp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 244.5 right now and want to be 180! at 175 when I was 21 I was pretty skinny, but I do remember feeling really good at 180-190, so small steps and I will get there!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I set a goal of 150, but I'll admit I did so rather arbitrarily. I have no idea how 150 looks at 5'9", especially on a larger frame. If I am happy with the results before then, I'll stick with that weight.
  • cathylutzkanin
    Options
    My first goal is 165. Ideally I'd maybe go another 10 pounds lower but can't imagine ever being thinner than that. I am currently down about 12 pounds to 187 so making some progress.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm inquiring because I still sometimes feel big. I've never been petite, always more of an athletic build. People comment on how "good" I look and I till see my problem areas. I have my next goal set at 165.

How awesome that we are all making better choices for ourselves and becoming healthy! We rock.
  • marinamorgan2428
    marinamorgan2428 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5’10 “and 172 lb. Two years ago I had my ideal weight 150 lb after spend bunch of money on one of advertized diet programs . But all weight mmediately come back as I stopped to use they supplements :ohwell: . Anyway, I had admired my body with only 150 lb and now that is my goal weight.
  • Kathleen360
    Kathleen360 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', and currently at 160lbs, with about 26% body fat. My ultimate goal is 130lbs/22% body fat, which I hope to achieve by the end of the year. My April goal is 155lbs.
    I try to keep track of my weekly weight, measurements and goals in a spreadsheet. With that, I'm able to look over it and see my progress. I look for motivation wherever I can get it! Hope this helps.
  • katestonich
    Options
    My goal is 180 lb (per doctor's orders). I've been as low as 169 but a big part of that was a result of stress from work and travel.
    I'd be perfectly happy between 170 - 180 as a forever weight!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I don't have a goal weight anymore - I'm just working on reshaping. That said, I've gone from about 170 to 130, a weight I've never seen in my adult life. If I stay this weight (or lose or gain) I'll be fine, as long as I keep getting stronger and lose a bit more BF. I always thought that I was a "bigger" girl and that I had a "large frame", but I'm starting to realize that I actually don't. It's very weird trying to readjust my mental image of myself. 150 sounds like a good goal; you can always readjust that once you see how it looks and feels :)
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and working towards 150. Orginally wanted to be 165 but now that I have gotten that would like to get more lean mass in my mid section. At this point I am a size 10....
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my goal weight is 155lbs.

I'm two pounds away from 155, I might readjust to a goal of 150, but I can't see myself going lower than that. I have an athletic build and I plan on keeping my muscle.
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 160, aiming for about 150 or 145. I've been as low as 118 (eating disorder) and look too thin in the 130s so... guess I'll see how I look when I get there!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am planning on getting around 170...maybe more or less depending on body composition as I get closer. Starting to do some bodyweight exercises and things to keep the LBM I have steady, which would make that a reasonable goal weight! :D

ETA: I am a large framed pear-shape (oh how I hate that term) and according to all the doctor's I've seen in my adult life, I'll never be below a size 14 due to my frame. Gotta love it!
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal was 140-145. I am currently at 142, and at this point I'm just trying to firm up a little more, and lose a little more 'jiggle' in my hips and thighs. I'm fairly athletic and generally weighed about 130-135 when in peak physical condition. Now I'm 50, and a busy working mom so 145 is more realistic.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    When I lost 70 lbs several years ago, I maintained 161-165 for about two years, but I have to tell you, I had to be an obsessed working fiend and food Nazi to keep at that weight.

The 175-180 range was much easier to maintain, and it didn't feel that much heavier and my clothes still fit in a way that I was happy with.

But since I let it get away from me and am now fighting to get back there, I've set 180 as my goal.
  • linrie16
    linrie16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I set a goal of 150, but I'll admit I did so rather arbitrarily. I have no idea how 150 looks at 5'9", especially on a larger frame. If I am happy with the results before then, I'll stick with that weight.

That's what I did. I'm more aiming for a pants size than a weight size. I would like to be a size 9, currently I'm 165 lbs and size 13. But I'm very much pear-shaped.