5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and I am currently 137, being a small frame this is just about perfect for my body shape. I should say however I have natural DD breasts so I am not petite in any way! I am running 25-30 miles a week training for a half marathon, and eat between 2000-2500 calories a day depending on my runs!! I was shooting for 140 when I started losing and have gotten here and stayed within 1 lb all the time!! HTH
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I ahve lost 187 pounds to date so have excess skin which will affect my ultimate goal weight. The skin has been estimated following a dexa scan to be at least 5 kilos (11 pounds)....I want to get down to at least 80 kilos(172 pounds) but i will be aiming for a "ultimate" goal of 72 kilos (158 pounds) but once I get under 80 kilos (172 pounds) i will prolly take it pound by pound to see where i am happy :)
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5'8.5 here. Not sure on the goal thing. Short term is 160. After that, I guess it depends. I highly value easy maintenance, so I'm not likely to push to be rail thin if it requires me to go too low calorically. I'd like to be 155, just so I could say I'm the weight I was when I got married.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Looks like the general idea here is between 150 and 180. I'm there! I like the idea of living comfortable at a slightly higher weight =) .
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 47 years old. My starting weight was 185 and I currently weigh 166 at 31.4% body fat. I currently wear a size 10-12 dress. I have been as low as 130 and have no idea what my BF was, but I believe that it was a "skinny fat".

Since I am going for a more muscled look this time, I am guessing my goal will end up about 144 and 24-25% BF. I won't know till I get there.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", went from 214 to 156, was ALMOST happy there, but I have a small frame and 143 looks great on me. I've gained 10 lbs due to an injury, so currently at 166 and NOT loving it at all.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently 180. My goal is 160-165. My lowest ever was 159 and I felt a bit too thin then.
  • Cinnabon64
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and currently weigh 253, down from 275. My first big goal is to be under 200 lbs and see how I feel and look then. But ideally 180 sounds good! I am big boned. With a pear shape and would love to be able to buy jeans in regular sizes once again! What having kid and health issues and meds can do to you! My lowest weight as an adult was 130 lbs before kids but that was too thin!
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    5'9.5 small frame and I'm thinking I may need to lower my goal weight to be honest! I'm 151 right now with a goal of 147 but I think I may have a little more to lose... I really don't know :(. I've only just started fitting comfortably into my size uk 12 jeans again and my goal is to fit into my 10s (felt awesome in them about 6 years ago!) so I don't know if 4lbs is going to make that big of a difference. I'm at about 26% body fat so that may be where my issue is... but I've started lifting heavy recently and hopefully I can bring that down! My weight is starting to become less important to me, it's more about how I look and feel.
  • AlyssainNC
    AlyssainNC Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and just starting my weight loss (currently at 257). My goal at this time is 175. I have a medium to large build and I'm a strong. When I get down past 180 I'll just continue losing until I feel fit and look healthy. :)
  • Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm about 150, 30% BF according to scales at the gym (not sure how accurate that is). I originally wanted to be 140 but am thinking about 145 now. Want to get below 25% BF.
  • Pudders3
    Pudders3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks like the general idea here is between 150 and 180. I'm there! I like the idea of living comfortable at a slightly higher weight =) .

Me too! The lightest I've ever been in adult life was 165 about 5 years ago- I'm 5ft 9 and when I weighed that I wore a UK 10/12 on top and 12/14 on bottom. I remember thinking at the time though that I didn't want to be any thinner because my boobs were already vanishing! I wasn't keeping track of what I was eating, but I was VERY active. I would walk about 6 miles a day at work, martial arts training twice a week and gym 2-3 times a week as well. Then I injured my shoulder and have had problems with that ever since which rules out martial arts; I changed jobs so I was no longer walking; I cancelled gym membership because I couldn't afford it.... suddenly, hellooo 185lb and pushing a size 16! I don't really want to be 165 again because of the work that took - my lifestyle now is much busier so I can't fit it in. I'm using the free gym at work a couple of times a week, doing yoga once or twice a week, and today I'm oiff work and the weather's nice so I'm heading out for 45 minute run / walk intervals (5 min run to 1 min walk). I originally put my goal weight at 168lb but now that I've lost a bit and therefore feel confident that this will keep on working, I'm reassessing and thinking that 170lb is as low as I want to go - I'll see what I look and feel like when I get there.

Good luck! It's been really helpful and reassuring seeing posts from other women of my height and some with similar build. Plus, I agree - we all rock for deciding to make good choices, look after our bodies and get healthier xx
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Looking at around 143, on a small frame. Of course that might change and get a little higher , depending on how I feel, when I get further along.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    5ft 9" and 44 years old (nearly) Mum of 3 kids (though it shouldn't make a difference!) and currently 170-173lbs. Aiming for anything in the 160's at the moment as though I'm toning beautifully I'm not losing. Absolute dream weight would be 147lbs but I haven't been that weight since I was 16! So a realistic ultimate goal is 154lbs.
    I have small feet, small wrists and broad shoulders but build muscle and tone fairly easily. I feel very heavy now, hence my new regime :-) xx
  • tatd_820
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and currently weigh 253, down from 275. My first big goal is to be under 200 lbs and see how I feel and look then. But ideally 180 sounds good! I am big boned. With a pear shape and would love to be able to buy jeans in regular sizes once again! What having kid and health issues and meds can do to you! My lowest weight as an adult was 130 lbs before kids but that was too thin!
    I started at 250 and getting under 200 was my first goal. Then I wanted to be far away from that 200lb mark so I went to 180. You can do this! And I agree....130 would be really small. And I hear ya on the kids thing. I have 2....7 and 4. I also have underactive thyroid and am on meds for that for the last 10 years.
  • tatd_820
    Options
    5'9.5 small frame and I'm thinking I may need to lower my goal weight to be honest! I'm 151 right now with a goal of 147 but I think I may have a little more to lose... I really don't know :(. I've only just started fitting comfortably into my size uk 12 jeans again and my goal is to fit into my 10s (felt awesome in them about 6 years ago!) so I don't know if 4lbs is going to make that big of a difference. I'm at about 26% body fat so that may be where my issue is... but I've started lifting heavy recently and hopefully I can bring that down! My weight is starting to become less important to me, it's more about how I look and feel.

I don't know the size differences from here to there.....but I am in a 12 now and some 10's. I am not a small frame....big butt and legs with small waist. I just started heavier lifting as well....and today I can feel it.
  • tatd_820
    Options

Good luck! It's been really helpful and reassuring seeing posts from other women of my height and some with similar build. Plus, I agree - we all rock for deciding to make good choices, look after our bodies and get healthier xx

I am loving all the responses! You are doing great for not having a gym membership. Good work.
  • tatd_820
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and just starting my weight loss (currently at 257). My goal at this time is 175. I have a medium to large build and I'm a strong. When I get down past 180 I'll just continue losing until I feel fit and look healthy. :)

You can do this! I did! I started at 250 in Jan 2012. At my year I lost 65lbs and now at 14months I'm at 76lbs lost. I am like you...big and strong (always been sporty and athletic...never small). Way to go!!
  • kaszay
    kaszay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 . Till about 22yo i was about 120 , then came kids and it went to 165, now it's 142 but i would like to go back to at least 130. I felt better. Now all my fat is in my belly and thighs... and it's awfull and unproportional. I hate it. It's mostly underskin fat tissue. My calfs, arms, neck and head are very thin and my *kitten* seems a lot bigger because of it. aaaaand i look like 4months pregnant... all the time.
  • pompom826
    pompom826 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Currently 5' 9" small/medium framed and at 144 lb. I would like to be in better physical shape and feel that if I work out more to the point where my body is more toned that I will be at around 135lb. We'll see how that goes.