5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• foxliver
    foxliver Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'9" and was ~200 lb, now I'm at 170 and I still wear the same pants size between 12-14 LOL. Lost a lot of weight in my ribcage so my bra band went from 38-40 to a 32-34, if you can believe it. My target "weight" is 150-160, but it mostly is dependent on when I feel comfortable with my weight then or not. Ultimately I'd like to be a single-digit pant size, and according to my hip bones it's possible!
  • barbarafallsopp
    barbarafallsopp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ultimate goal weight is 135. I am currently at 158. My goal for June is to get to 150 (I know it will be tough as that is 8 lbs in 5 weeks but since I am just starting some of that will be water weight so I think its a reasonable goal). Then if I can lose 1 lb a week (or thereabout) on average I should be at my ultimate goal before my friend's wedding on November 16.
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My goal is 155. It means I have 200 pounds to go which sounds really bad but im actually only a size 22-24 so idk how its even really possible. But whatever. anyway...my goal is 155 because i havent been under 160 since before i was like 12. ive always been big and remember being embarrased ever since kindergarden when i began getting made fun of. Im almost done with college now and need to get it together for me and for my toddler so that i can pass my physical test in cadet school training.
  • McGrammarnazi
    McGrammarnazi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" (175cm) and currently weigh in at 149lbs (68 kilos). I'd love to get down to 65 kilos, or 143lbs, which hopefully would mean a dress size less, or at least the lower end of a size ten (UK; I'm not sure what that is in American sizes, I'm afraid.) which I've just dropped to from a 12.

I'm pretty dense, though, and fairly muscly as I've started weightlifting, so most people underestimate my weight. It's not easy being so tall, though; weight issues are always a no-no, as I'm always the heaviest girl!

I'm keen for new friends, so if anyone is looking for a taller motivation buddy, hit me up!
  • dedeethom
    dedeethom Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'9and a half My first goal weight was was 180 by my 50th birthday I hit that (started at 241) I am now 171 and my goal is to be 165 or to easily fit my "skinny pants" pretty much just need to tone and define and tighten up! oh and I and I currently wear inbetween a 10 and an 8 depending on style most 10s are loose and 8s fit some are tight.
  • krypti83
    krypti83 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and want to weight 130.
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    I'd love to be at a sub-20 BMI, so that's about 133lbs - which is very light for 5 ft 9.

I think 10 stone, or 140 lbs, is slim and lithe for someone with this height, and I'd love to work towards that goal. When I reach about 155, though, I'm going to work more on strength - it may be that that's a good weight to stay at if it's a muscly 155.

I started my journey at nearly 190 and I haven't been less than 180 for a couple of years.
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" at 27 years old. Current weight is 152. I'm fine with my weight really, I just want to decrease my body fat percent. I set a goal of 145, but I'd be happy sitting around 150. I'm medium-framed I suppose, if that helps.
  • runlilyrun
    Options

No you don't. You want to weigh 130.
    Weight is not a verb.

(Sorry, pet peeve)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a medium frame. My initial goal was 160, then it dropped to 150, then 142 (as you can see on my ticker). My last weigh in over a month ago was at 140 and I have since lost more inches but haven't weighed myself. I think goal weight is arbitrary, and more I'm aiming for a specific look and feeling.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    5'8" here, my goal is 150 lb, I started at 206, and I;m currently at 174.

I would like to be 142, but for now, 150 sound good to me :)
  • krypti83
    krypti83 Posts: 3
    Options

Weight is not a verb.

(Sorry, pet peeve)

Lol, Sorry didn't notice I screwed up. My bad!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    150 is a good goal for 5'9" height. I am at 152 right now. At my heaviest I was 170. I didn't feel good enough until I dropped under 160.
  • sherryapage
    Options
    This is my first post. I started at 181 and at that time, I wore a tight size 14.I really didn't want to go to a 16. So I got down to it. I have lost a little over 5 lbs and already my clothes are loose. I hope to lose 20 lbs and see how things look and feel. A few years ago I weighed 145 and I was thin, wore a size 7. I want my percentage of body fat to be in the healthy range. Right now its at 36% down from 40%. I aim for 40 to 60 mins of cardio a day and also work with weights. I am loving this site and it is really helping me manage my eating. I'm 5' 8". Already I can see some good changes.
  • runlilyrun
    Options

Weight is not a verb.

(Sorry, pet peeve)

Lol, Sorry didn't notice I screwed up. My bad!

No biggie, just it was about the tenth time I'd read that in as many minutes and I cracked slightly...
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and want to weigh about 135-140. I have been in the low 140's in my adulthood after my first child and I felt great! I am 161 now, started at 185.

I want to get back into my size 4/6 clothes which was when I was in the low 140's.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and my first goal is 190. I don't know whether I'll be content there or not; I felt pretty gross at 190 a few years ago, but that was because I'd just experienced rapid weight gain and ill health and I wasn't comfortable with my "new" body. If I'm not happy when I get there, I'd be comfortable adjusting down as low as 150, which is what I weighed at age 18.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i would love to be 150-155. i am cuurently 170
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" with an original goal of 140. Now that I have lost over 10lbs I realize that that is a very low weight for me and have adjusted it up to 160. At that point I will reevaluate . I may go as far as 150 for my lowest and have 160 my highest so I have a 10lb buffer.
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my first goal is 185. I am 312 lbs right now, so that seems very far away! Your results are amazing! Great job! I have lost over 90lbs twice in the last 10 years and put it all back on. It can't happen again, I am tired of being obese and having painful joints, not being able to play with my little ones....I had twins at 41 yrs old and they will be 5 this summer....