Best way to burn 400 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious how many people are responding to a post from 2010.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    hunting, bust your @$s and put food on the table..can't beat that. but, if you can't, stairstepper and hitting a heavy bag burn big numbers
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Anything Hiit related tbh. Studies showed that people who did 6 x 30 sec sprints/balls to the wall hiit burns more calories over 24 hours compared to those who spent 1 hour on a treadmill and those on the HIIT took as long as they wanted for the rest period after the sprint. I know I could burn 400 cals walking on a treadmill for 1 hour so I would look to maximise it but doing HIIT.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    There is no "best" way. I could definitely show someone how to burn 400 calories in 20 minutes, but it may not be the best way for someone who can't endure the intensity of doing it and they never would do it on their own.
    The "best" way is just to move more in a way that you can sustain for life. Whether it be walking, running, biking, climbing rocks, swimming, etc. If one enjoys it and it's doable for them, that's what they should pursue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious how many people are responding to a post from 2010.

But the "topic" is timeless....hence, the new answers.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    My typical cardio workout is 60 minutes on the elliptical targeting a heart rate between 140-150. That burns a bit more than 500. At my weight, 45 minutes would burn 400. I watch catch up TV on the smart phone so an hour whizzes by quite quickly. I wear an HRM, and do need to sprint every few minutes to keep my heart rate in the target zone.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Why has no one said SEX?

That's what I was thinking but at my age it my cause a heart attack. Hmmmm, what the heck, time to find the wife and find out how the old ticker is:laugh:
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I burn around 400 each day playing Wii Tennis for about 70 minutes. I can do it inside so the weather doesn't matter, I don't have to go to the gym, and I don't have to buy any expensive equipment -- just a TV and a Wii. As a change of pace, there is Wii boxing, and lots of Wii workout and dance programs.
  • RBianco1210
    Options
    try indoor rowing on a Concept2 erg (electronic rowing gear). Your local fitness place may have one, or the YMCA, or Crossfit. Check out the concept2 site. I am not a sales person or spokesperson, just a rower. good overall workout. make sure you get some instruction to avoid possible injuries. also I follow get out and row on FB. good communities there and at concept2. Enjoy