Unresponsive groups

Hi all. Ive joined 5 different groups on here, posted on them all and got not even one reply on any of them. Its quite disheartening. Has anyone else had this trouble ? I always have loads of comments on the forums, so cant understand why i dont in the groups.

Sad panda :(

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I don't like being in groups for that reason.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Find more active groups, they are out there.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    I think some groups are more active than others. You can see when people last posted in them so that should give you a clue as to how active a group is.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member

The groups i am in are very specific and there is only of each of them, apart from the UK one im in. I suppose i could always start my own but i wanted an already established support system...I already run my own support group on facebook and its exhausting having to be the voice of authority and reason and making sure everyone behaves appropriately.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,282 Member
    I'm in probably 15 Groups. Only three of them are in any way active - meaning more than one post a day in them.

You're better off adding "friends" and posting in your feed or on the main forums. Once you get a core group of people, go to groups.

If it's a specific question in a specific group, try sending a Personal Message to the group leaders. That may help.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    you must have chosen the wrong groups.
  • cmriverside

The groups i am in are very specific and there is only of each of them, apart from the UK one im in. I suppose i could always start my own but i wanted an already established support system...I already run my own support group on facebook and its exhausting having to be the voice of authority and reason and making sure everyone behaves appropriately.

Oh. Well, we don't have a lot of groups here that are active that behave in any particular way. That's the whole idea of "groups" -- to escape the tyranny of the rules of the main forums. :tongue:

People generally rebel against rules. Good luck with that.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member

That's unfortunate :frown: You could always try and get responses from the general forum, but that can be hard if it's something particular.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    A lot of groups start here then fizzle out. I've joined and dropped several groups here from lack of participation. Seems to be par for the course on weight loss sites in particular.

When you first click on a group, you can see when the last posts were made to see how frequently and how recently people have been posting, which helps to weed out the dying or dead ones.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    I find that I get more favorable responses if I get a little "flirty" or "slutty."
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Groupie for life!
  • charliemarie923

Oh. Well, we don't have a lot of groups here that are active that behave in any particular way. That's the whole idea of "groups" -- to escape the tyranny of the rules of the main forums. :tongue:

Nice helpful attitude. Good luck with that.
    And what do you think the moderators and group admins are for?
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    When I first started MFP, I joined oodles of groups, and like you, was very disheartened. Keep an eye on current groups starting up as those are pretty active. I have two that I'm a member of, but those are cheesy groups with NOTHING to do with losing weight, they're just for fun.
    Keep checking the current forums too as they can be quite fun.
    Best wishes to you. :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I find that I get more favorable responses if I get a little "flirty" or "slutty."

nope... your favorable responses are a direct result of your awesomeness... but don't tell... it's a secret.
  • charliemarie923
    When I first started MFP, I joined oodles of groups, and like you, was very disheartened. Keep an eye on current groups starting up as those are pretty active. I have two that I'm a member of, but those are cheesy groups with NOTHING to do with losing weight, they're just for fun.
    Keep checking the current forums too as they can be quite fun.
    Best wishes to you. :drinker:

Thanks. And mine arent to do with losing weight either...infact when i saw them on here i was quite suprised
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

a little?

*gigglesnorts*
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member

a little?

*gigglesnorts*

Examples would be most appreciated. :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside

uh. That's about as helpful as I get.

So, I guess I'll just ignore you. Have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    The forums have 100,000 members and a post will get 15 comments. Groups have 100 members. It's just math. There are a few groups that have several hundred members and you may do better there. But yeah, either post on the main boards (and face the full force and wrath of forum members that don't share your worldview) or find a bunch of friends with similar interests and post on your wall.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

uh. That's about as helpful as I get.

So, I guess I'll just ignore you. Have a great day. :flowerforyou:

No good deed shall go unpunished. I hope you learned a lesson here today CM
    Thanks. And mine arent to do with losing weight either...infact when i saw them on here i was quite suprised

This is starting to sound suspiciously like a sex thing. Is this a sex thing? What sort of sex thing?

Is it possible the other members of the group didn't release the rope in time and are no longer alive to respond to your posts? I mean, we all thing we're going to release the rope in time, ya know?