Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Unresponsive groups

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    You'll just have to deal with that.. or you can expand your horizons, join new groups or find your support elsewhere.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I find that I get more favorable responses if I get a little "flirty" or "slutty."

a little?

*gigglesnorts*

Examples would be most appreciated. :bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    eat, train, progress is a good one...
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member

Oh. Well, we don't have a lot of groups here that are active that behave in any particular way. That's the whole idea of "groups" -- to escape the tyranny of the rules of the main forums. :tongue:

People generally rebel against rules. Good luck with that.

Nice helpful attitude. Good luck with that.
    And what do you think the moderators and group admins are for?

uh. That's about as helpful as I get.

So, I guess I'll just ignore you. Have a great day. :flowerforyou:

No good deed shall go unpunished. I hope you learned a lesson here today CM
    Thanks. And mine arent to do with losing weight either...infact when i saw them on here i was quite suprised

This is starting to sound suspiciously like a sex thing. Is this a sex thing? What sort of sex thing?

Is it possible the other members of the group didn't release the rope in time and are no longer alive to respond to your posts? I mean, we all thing we're going to release the rope in time, ya know?

No its not a sex thing...i think if it were it would be very active!
  • charliemarie923
    You'll just have to deal with that.. or you can expand your horizons, join new groups or find your support elsewhere.

Gee thanks.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Anytime! Looks like you got plenty of responses from the forums.. MFP isn't all that bad, now is it? ...:indifferent:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    I think some groups are more active than others. You can see when people last posted in them so that should give you a clue as to how active a group is.

Yup. 99% of the groups are completely dead here. Most people prefer to use the normal forums to reach the widest audience possible.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Gee thanks.

Whoah! You've got some very nice responses here and proper advice and you are throwing it back in people's faces. Maybe your attitude comes over in the groups you are in too and that is why you are not getting much response? Just a thought.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Many groups are unresponsive.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Gee thanks.

Whoah! You've got some very nice responses here and proper advice and you are throwing it back in people's faces. Maybe your attitude comes over in the groups you are in too and that is why you are not getting much response? Just a thought.

Some people can't handle my brutal honesty.. I was being nice about it too..
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

Gee thanks.
    Well golly gee, with an attitude like that, I can't imagine why you'd be unpopular in groups.

Shucks.
  • charliemarie923
    Gee thanks.

You call saying 'youll just have to deal with that.' a nice response and proper advice?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Gee thanks.

You call saying 'youll just have to deal with that.' a nice response and proper advice?

What about the rest of that post? Just choosing to ignore it?
    Here it is again, in case you missed it...
    or you can expand your horizons, join new groups or find your support elsewhere.

You're not really making friends here with your attitude..
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    Gee thanks.

tone is hard to relay online. the same sentence can be interpreted many different ways, so that's why emoticons were invented. so that people could see the tone behind a remark. i think this is a case where the remark was not intended to be hostile, but you didn't know that and interpreted it as hostile. it's a misunderstanding of tone and intent.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member

Gee thanks.
    Well golly gee, with an attitude like that, I can't imagine why you'd be unpopular in groups.

Shucks.

Just here to say, Lea, I love your new pic :flowerforyou: ...and happy birthday!
  • SRH7
    Gee thanks.

You are taking that out of context! The responses were all along the lines of find other groups, find friends you have things in common with and deal with the lack of activity in the groups you have chosen that way.

I can't for the life of me figure out why that has upset you.
  • SRH7
    Gee thanks.
    Some people can't handle my brutal honesty.. I was being nice about it too..

And the minute you spent kindly replying is a minute of your life you will now never get back :(
  • charliemarie923
    Gee thanks.

tone is hard to relay online. the same sentence can be interpreted many different ways, so that's why emoticons were invented. so that people could see the tone behind a remark. i think this is a case where the remark was not intended to be hostile, but you didn't know that and interpreted it as hostile. it's a misunderstanding of tone and intent.

This could be true and yes i use emoticons frequently and LOL or jk .

And to the poster who mentioned friends:

And i have got lots of friends on this site even in the three days ive been here, which you can see from my profile, so obviously i cant be all that bad can I ?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Gee thanks.

This could be true and yes i use emoticons frequently and LOL or jk .

And to the poster who mentioned friends:

And i have got lots of friends on this site even in the three days ive been here, which you can see from my profile, so obviously i cant be all that bad can I ?
    Number of friends does not correlate with one's character.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Gee thanks.

what do you want us to do? spank everyone in your groups that are unresponsive and tell them that their unresponsiveness is hurting your feelings?

We ARE being nice...we're telling you that if the groups you belong to aren't owning up to their promise that you felt they had when you joined, then look for new groups...

other than that we got nothing....

we can't make your groups magically responsive just because you are upset....

that's all....

really...it IS the nice answer.

:flowerforyou: