I like carbohydrates...

Options

Replies

• ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love carbs to ^.^ I couldn't eat low carb..
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    7739_MEDIUM.jpg

Must make risotto soon :bigsmile:

Risotto! One of my favourite meals to eat on a Friday night to carb-load before a big hike the next day. I tried low carb a few years ago and my body just couldn't cope with intense exercise. My legs stopped working 3,000ft up a mountain one time. The only thing that got me down off a rock face was a can of Coke and a banana my boyfriend had in his rucksack (he's a roadcyclist and is the first to sing the praises of carbs. And he is super fit and slim).

Carbs are awesome. I love making risotto as it requires wine - so I have two of my fav things together. I find it so relaxing just stiring the risotto and sipping a glass of wine. Bliss when I'm stressed and need to unwind :bigsmile:

Hmmm May have to make some on Saturday. Roasted butternut squash risotto. It's a plan. :drinker:

Mmmm, My mouth is watering! I love Risotto and can make a good Mushroom Risotto myself too! :tongue:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai!!!

tumblr_lv1g18UNvB1r3m7iko1_500.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    1.) What more nourishing food is being crowded out of the diet? 2.) Isn't getting "happiness" from food part of the problem?

Oh enough with the "nourishing" mantra already. If the only purpose of food was nourishment then we should all just be popping pills or shakes to give us everything we need instead of eating real food.

The reality is that most people actually enjoy eating. It is about more than just "nourishment" and it is perfectly easy to get all the nutrients you need and still have some calories left over for food you eat for sheer pleasure.

I can't help but feel that anyone who sees food purely as "nourishment" has serious issues in their relationship with food. For me that is the first step towards an ED.

Yep. Saying food is just for nourishment is like saying sex is only for reproduction.

I did NOT say that food is "just for nourishment". Nor did I say that "carbs are evil" or some such. I eat carbohydrates every day and I enjoy eating. I'm just not OCD about food---one way or the other. I eat good food when I'm hungry (and enjoy it) and I stop eating when I am not--simple, easy. I also said that carbohydrates are practically essential for fueling exercise (especially for normal weight people). If some of you are going to take issue with what I say, then I would request that you, at least, be accurate in representing what I have said. It brings down the level of discourse when that is not done.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    "...If food wasn't supposed to be enjoyed, why does it taste so good? This applies to "nourishing" foods too. A bite of pineapple, a slice of an orange - those taste delicious. So, I enjoy eating them...."

I NEVER said that food wasn't supposed to be enjoyable. When one does not destroy the body's taste discrimination with junky food, one actually enjoys food more.

"...I also enjoy eating ice cream and pop tarts. Sorry that you don't..."

No you're not. You apparently find it incomprehensible.

"...But I still have to wonder - why do you even come in a thread that you know is going to be about something you so strongly disagree with?..."

I don't "strongly disagree" with the statement that OP likes carbohydrates. I'm happy for him/her. What I would disagree with is the defiant attitude---there is no reason to take that approach with other people (such as Type II diabetics, for example) who must control the carbohydrates that they eat.

"...Do you feel like you need to have your views validated? Is our disagreement making you feel better about your lack of carbs?..."

LOL---I hardly need to have anonymous voices on the internet "validate" my views. I have already explained several times that I DO eat carbs. I just am quite choosy about the carbs I eat.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    No (not a fan of gummi stuff), Yes, No (hate melons of all types), Yes, Yes. Please substitute in cake for slot one and pasta for slot three. Thanks!
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    A bit of an immature rant? Perhaps it is true that those who seek happiness in substances are basically struggling with immaturity.

that sounds like an insult to me, which is against community rules.

And that sounds like a threat to me. Is it? :smile: I find it pathetic when people take a difference of opinion personally.

debbie.gif

You know what else? Hijacking of a thread is against the rules too. Just saying.

I have not "hijacked" the thread---I just introduced a cautionary note. :smile:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1.) What more nourishing food is being crowded out of the diet? 2.) Isn't getting "happiness" from food part of the problem?

Oh enough with the "nourishing" mantra already. If the only purpose of food was nourishment then we should all just be popping pills or shakes to give us everything we need instead of eating real food.

The reality is that most people actually enjoy eating. It is about more than just "nourishment" and it is perfectly easy to get all the nutrients you need and still have some calories left over for food you eat for sheer pleasure.

I can't help but feel that anyone who sees food purely as "nourishment" has serious issues in their relationship with food. For me that is the first step towards an ED.

Yep. Saying food is just for nourishment is like saying sex is only for reproduction.

I did NOT say that food is "just for nourishment". Nor did I say that "carbs are evil" or some such. I eat carbohydrates every day and I enjoy eating. I'm just not OCD about food---one way or the other. I eat good food when I'm hungry (and enjoy it) and I stop eating when I am not--simple, easy. I also said that carbohydrates are practically essential for fueling exercise (especially for normal weight people). If some of you are going to take issue with what I say, then I would request that you, at least, be accurate in representing what I have said. It brings down the level of discourse when that is not done.

i've had the misfortune of running into you on multiple threads and i'd say you are more than capable of accomplishing this all by yourself and do not need the help of others, as you have demonstrated time and time again.

i'm tempted to tell you what i really think of you, and i'm sure i speak for many others on here, but i'd get a strike for using such language on this forum. anybody who cares to view your forum posting history can easily see that you have an anti-sugar/anti-carb agenda and that you push those views on others whenever and wherever you can. i don't really care what you eat. i don't think anyone else who has responded to this thread cares what you eat either. i just don't understand why you feel the incessant need to keep pushing your views on an audience that has already given you a collective yawn over them.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

She actually, pretty much, stated that opinion in one of my previous Pop Tart threads.

No. I did NOT. You are misrepresenting what I said. It is simply a matter of priorities. Do we eat to live or do we live to eat?

Food addiction is a serious issue for many people. Food addicts do not, as a rule, enjoy their food. I have a close friend who is recovering from bulimia. She said that when she was eating huge amounts of food and then purging (and exercising, by the way) that she was filled with self-loathing and hated every part of what she was doing.
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The Holy Trinity.

260tumw.jpg
    243mi3m.jpg
    21n42mb.jpg

Sorry, pasta Sandwiches. Just wrong! Everything else on here looks delicious, but these don't, nor does the Bolognese in a loaf of bread.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    bbzeu.png

Did I eat enough carbs by 4am today?
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

"...i've had the misfortune of running into you on multiple threads and i'd say you are more than capable of accomplishing this all by yourself and do not need the help of others, as you have demonstrated time and time again...."

Aww--I'm hurt. :cry:

"...i'm tempted to tell you what i really think of you, and i'm sure i speak for many others on here, but i'd get a strike for using such language on this forum. anybody who cares to view your forum posting history can easily see that you have an anti-sugar/anti-carb agenda and that you push those views on others whenever and wherever you can..."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And do you really think that I would care what your assessment was? Anyone who feels the need to resort to foul language in an argument, has already lost. I am NOT attempting to "push an agenda". I am here to express a somewhat opposing view. You have shared your opinions. I share mine. Simple--easy. No need to get flustered and angry.

"...i don't really care what you eat...."

Nor do I care what you eat. That makes us even, doesn't it. :wink:

"...i don't think anyone else who has responded to this thread cares what you eat either. i just don't understand why you feel the incessant need to keep pushing your views on an audience that has already given you a collective yawn over them..."

While that is true of some, others actually agree with me and have said so in private messages. They apparently are intimidated into silence, by some of you here.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    bbzeu.png

success-kid-winning-meme.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

She actually, pretty much, stated that opinion in one of my previous Pop Tart threads.

No. I did NOT. You are misrepresenting what I said. It is simply a matter of priorities. Do we eat to live or do we live to eat?

Food addiction is a serious issue for many people. Food addicts do not, as a rule, enjoy their food. I have a close friend who is recovering from bulimia. She said that when she was eating huge amounts of food and then purging (and exercising, by the way) that she was filled with self-loathing and hated every part of what she was doing.

For the love of carbs, this the the chit chat fun and games section. Please take your lecturing and anti carb rants and leave. We just wanted a fun thread posting pictures of food we love, we did not want a debate or lecture. You don't need to defend people you 'think' might have problems if they see this thread. You come over as a troll sucking the fun out of life.

You do not need to add moderation to a post carbs thread YOU don't need to moderate them at all. Feel free to start your own thread to discuss your anti carb / sugar issues where you can debate until your happy. Stop high jacking everyone else's threads /rant
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    bbzeu.png

Do you often have a problem with anger when someone disagrees with your views and do you often just announce that you are the "winner"? (That is called "triumphalism" by the way.)

"...A triumphalist may derive a sense of pride, security, or virtue from their sense of superiority and expectation of ultimate triumph. However, those who believe in their own group’s superiority or inevitable ascendancy do not typically claim the label ‘triumphalist’. Instead, the term usually has a negative connotation and is used by those who do not accept the superiority of the belief or group in question, or by those who are warning against the effects of over-confidence and hubris within their own group..."
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    gingerbread-house-pic-from-bridalpartees.jpg

smores2.jpg

cinnamon-raisin-bagels.jpg

double-pudding-ay-1875340-l.jpg

sweet-tea-recipe.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    bbzeu.png

Do you often have a problem with anger when someone disagrees with your views and do you often just announce that you are the "winner"? (That is called "triumphalism" by the way.)

"...A triumphalist may derive a sense of pride, security, or virtue from their sense of superiority and expectation of ultimate triumph. However, those who believe in their own group’s superiority or inevitable ascendancy do not typically claim the label ‘triumphalist’. Instead, the term usually has a negative connotation and is used by those who do not accept the superiority of the belief or group in question, or by those who are warning against the effects of over-confidence and hubris within their own group..."

Wow. He was referring to the person he quoted as winning. Not everything we post is about you :noway:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    gingerbread-house-pic-from-bridalpartees.jpg

smores2.jpg

cinnamon-raisin-bagels.jpg

double-pudding-ay-1875340-l.jpg

sweet-tea-recipe.jpg

That gingerbread house looks awesome :love:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    papajohn_1705240b.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    "...He was referring to the person he quoted as winning. Not everything we post is about you..."

Didn't say that it was. If it was off the mark, then why didn't you let it go by? :smile: Have a nice day.