Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I like carbohydrates...

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    I have one question for those of you who seem to be promoting carb-stuffing: How is this helping anyone? Yeah--I get that some of you do the PopTart-ice cream thing in order to say "Ha-ha, I can eat anything I want and have no problem with body fat-gain!" but that bit of sangfroid may lead obese folk (especially obese women) to think that they can eat sugary junk food and still lose weight. I ask again, how is that helping anyone--especially those who are "food addicted"? Do you also try to tempt recovering alcoholics with pictures of booze? It doesn't faze me, because I have been off of sugar and starch for a long time (about three years) but, at one time, it might have. We are supposed to be here to encourage others to stay on their programs. Perhaps it would be good to think about those who are struggling with temptation.

This is not over eaters anonomous - this is my fitness pal and we are all here for different reasons. We can post about pizza and pop tarts - feel free not to come into these threads - this one had a warning over the door for people tempted by carbs. :noway:

PS you CAN eat sugary food and lose weight if it fits in your calories.

Yes, you can, but at the end of the day, this website is about losing body fat in a healthful and sustainable way. Eating sugar and starch contributes to being a citizen of Yo-Yo City. I have been a resident there and I chose to move to Healthy Town. :smile:

NO this website is call MyFITNESSpal, some people just use it for weight-loss and can they do it anyway they please. Cutting out sugar would make me yo-yo. Moderation is something that seems to have passed you by. :huh:

I just don't buy the "moderation mantra". I have seen too many failures that come out of the insistence on "moderation". For some people, telling them to eat empty calories in moderation is like telling an alcoholic to drink "moderately".

A calorie is a unit of measurement and by definition can not be "empty".

I think you well know what is meant by "empty" calories. They are not health-building and some of us just can't afford to eat things that are not health-building.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    I have one question for those of you who seem to be promoting carb-stuffing: How is this helping anyone? Yeah--I get that some of you do the PopTart-ice cream thing in order to say "Ha-ha, I can eat anything I want and have no problem with body fat-gain!" but that bit of sangfroid may lead obese folk (especially obese women) to think that they can eat sugary junk food and still lose weight. I ask again, how is that helping anyone--especially those who are "food addicted"? Do you also try to tempt recovering alcoholics with pictures of booze? It doesn't faze me, because I have been off of sugar and starch for a long time (about three years) but, at one time, it might have. We are supposed to be here to encourage others to stay on their programs. Perhaps it would be good to think about those who are struggling with temptation.

butterscotch krimpets... making people happy since 1927!

you should try one. or not. suit yourself.

tumblr_m1ogwvWxWq1qzmmj3.jpg

serving size: 1 pack

240 calories, 7g fat, 40g carbohydrates, 3g protein.

anybody can fit that into their diet if they want to.

1.) What more nourishing food is being crowded out of the diet? 2.) Isn't getting "happiness" from food part of the problem?

1) None, it's only 240 calories. Unless you have the dietary needs a short and very old person which would make them quite low I guess. The OP is a 45 year old male.

2) There's nothing wrong with pleasure from food. We all know you disagree about this one, but that begs the question of how you became over weight to begin with? Because you hated eating?

To the contrary, I enjoy eating. I have never hated it and I don't now but I get even more pleasure from eating properly for my body's needs. In any case, we weren't discussing pleasure (we were discussing "happiness"). Many things yield pleasure. Receiving a smile from someone I love is a pleasure. Enjoying a sunny day is a pleasure. 2.) I think I answered this question sufficiently---of course there is nothing morally wrong about enjoying food. But pleasure is really not a good substitute for happiness. Happiness is loving others--and that has nothing to do with food.

I became overweight because I have a disease called arthritis. It only takes a tiny bit of overeating and a lot less movement to add up to a big weight gain over a number of years. It builds on itself.

That is how YOU define happiness. I find happiness in many different ways, one way is through pleasure. To each their own.

Sorry about your arthritis, it must have been a great number of years or more than a bit of overeating though.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    5201583_orig.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Krispy-Kreme-doughnuts-007.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    4484030324_51769550ff.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    pasta-plus.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    A bit of an immature rant? Perhaps it is true that those who seek happiness in substances are basically struggling with immaturity.

that sounds like an insult to me, which is against community rules.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    babu_zps250e7ed9.gif

hahahahaha!
  • Iron_Feline
    penne-pasta-pizza-12538243131.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Cheese_Fries-2.jpg

Just getting this thread back on topic :bigsmile:
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    I just licked my computer screen...
  • Iron_Feline
    NachosBeef.jpg

Now I really want natchos :laugh:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    i'm a carb junkie. it took a lot of work to get it to where i don't feel like i need them all the time. sorry, ex carb junkie. it is amazing how free i feel.
  • Iron_Feline
    i'm a carb junkie. it took a lot of work to get it to where i don't feel like i need them all the time. sorry, ex carb junkie. it is amazing how free i feel.

I suspect this thread may not be for you :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    I would really like some pizza!! I haven't eaten pizza since I joined My Fitness Pal in January 2013.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member

That's great to hear. :smile:
  • Iron_Feline
    7739_MEDIUM.jpg

Must make risotto soon :bigsmile:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member

I suspect this thread may not be for you :wink: :flowerforyou:

that's ok. i can look at all these pictures and not get hungry
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 465 Member
    Pasta will never ever be left behind. Remember Dream Fields Pasta is carb healthy. It tastes like normal pasta, but I think it only has 5 net carbs. GOOD STUFF!

:happy:

These noodles are not for everyone.
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud

And he's not the only one who has researched this. There are quite a few low carb and diabetic blogs who had tested their sugars/gluclose/ketones after eating this pasta.

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2011/02/study-finds-dreamfields-pasta-produces.html
    http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-203510.html

Some people can handle it , some can't. People need to be aware of that.

Labels are misleading. http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/29/health-labels-food-forbeslife-cx_avd_0729health.html
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 465 Member
    I love carbs. I hate when my friends ask if I want to go carb-free with them...I'm just like, um, NO!!

I don't see how anyone could go carb-free unless all they are eating is fresh meat.