Wii Team For May!

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I just love this feature. I have a 10-15 minute strength routine I do in the morning before work. It is so much faster to go through the exercises this way. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Howwwww do you do this?!?! This is one of my biggest gripes with the Wii Fit... you have to set aside an hour to do it but you're only getting in a 1/2 hr. of exercise!
    [/quote]

Did anyone ever answer your question?

Sorry I haven't check in sooner.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Skateboard score - 24 - what more can I say? lol
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Good job everyone on the skateboard scores! Who wants to keep it up for next week? Since everyone does the wii at different times/days what do you way to checking in with your highest scores every thursday for the week (or any day for that matter?)
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    Where is everyone? haha must be having the same problem as me :)

Well I have been slacking on the wii because I have also taken up the 30 day shred. Tomorrow I will tackle the skateboarding again and try out the advanced level.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I may try to Wi tomorrow, if not defineately on Wednesday. I will try to better the skateboard score. too.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been occupied with the 30 Day Shred as well, but I'm still doing the EA Sports Active 6 Week Challenge on top of it. After doing the 30DS, I'm definitely dead for the EA SA workout. Today I definitely didn't eat enough and I could barely finish the second workout. I think I need to eat more protein at lunchtime. I just had a light salad with a few slices of chicken breast and it definitely wasn't enough.

I also finally bought new sneakers. I tried them during my Wii and 30DS workout yesterday and today, they were mostly great. I think I just need to lace them less or more tightly since my arches and shins hurt a bit. I'll try them on the elliptical tomorrow and see. They were $100 and I'm not keeping them if they aren't 100% comfy.
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just hauled out my balance board a couple weeks ago and rejoined MFP again this weekend, so while I am late to the "party" I would love to participate. I try to get 30 minutes in at least a day and am really enjoying Rhythm Boxing on the wii fit plus and like a pp said totally love the kung fu!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I just love this feature. I have a 10-15 minute strength routine I do in the morning before work. It is so much faster to go through the exercises this way. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Howwwww do you do this?!?! This is one of my biggest gripes with the Wii Fit... you have to set aside an hour to do it but you're only getting in a 1/2 hr. of exercise!

Did anyone ever answer your question?

Sorry I haven't check in sooner.

JAM
    [/quote]

Hey JAM - The answer to the question, although late in coming, lol, is..
    When you are on the screen to choose what category, ie: Strength, Aerobics.. etc., the botton choice is "My Wii Fit Plus". have a look in there. You can choose Wii Fit Plus Routines, which is kinda cool , there you will choose which types of exercises you want, one or two at a time, or 3 (if your very brave), and then it puts together a routine for you. I do this occasionally, because I can be sure it will pick things for me I wouldn't choose on my own. You can get a good steady flow of a workout that way. Also there, you can instead choose My Routines, where you can pick and choose different strength and yoga exercises, and it will save them you will just say go and there ya are, non-stop one after the other. I have a 20 minute routine I built there that I often start off with.

@ Boopa - welcome to the team, glad you can join us!

@tfrank & rjadams, I did a 142 on the skateboarding tonight, whew.. Tried advanced again, lol, and scored a huge 62..

@00trayn. Wow you are a busy one! The Shred, and the Soprts Active. I hope those are some sturdy new sneakers, you are surely going to give them a run for their money! And yes, also seems a good idea you make sure and get that protien.

It felt good to burn up 470 calories tonight on the Wii. I have been having a struggle meeting my goals again this month, but I am at least closer to it than last month. Took my Monday frustrations out on the boxing. Pow!

Hope ya'll are getting the week off to a good start. There is still alot of month left for someone to beat my skateboarding scores! :bigsmile:

Wii ON!
  • rjadams
    Options
    finally had chance to Wii today. I couldn't beat any of my scores so 126 is still the best I could do on the skateboarding. At least I was doing it. Myabe next time I will get a better score. Have a good day all!
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi All My name is Sherry I would love to join in with you guys. I to have a Wii An Wii Fit and the Ea Active games That have been setting there for like ever untouched. But Just reading thru all of your post gives me Encouragement to get it back out. I have been wrapped up doing nothing I have just joined this sight. an I started my diet the 1st week of May. I have been riding my stationary bike alot and walking often. But I wanna do more. So I'm gonna start on the Wii Fit. I also have Wii Sports Resort. I love it.
    So looking fwd to keeping up with everyone results. And throwing my numbers in the mix.
    Good Luck to all.
  • capturethemoments3
    Options
    I hate to say it but I have been so tied up with work and the 30 day Shred that wii was put on the back burner :( BUT today I will start it up again :D!! Hopefully tonight I break a skateboarding record for myself, that would give me the motivation I need.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

My son is flunking English and Math, so we took his computer away. So, now he won't let me use his Wii. lol To prove a point, I've agreed to not use his Wii without his permission as long as he does not use my computer without mine. ha, ha, ha

It looks like he will give in some time this weekend as he is dying to get on FB and play his games.

So, I should be back with this group in June.

I hope all are doing well and have a great weekend.

JAM
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Well, so many of you seem to love the Wii fit and EA Active that I am going to join you! Today will be my first day! If can stick with it and like it as much as you all do I will go buy the EA Active. So, enough typing for me, off to plug in my Wii fit plus!!! You all are doing so good! What an inspiration you all are!!!
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    Well I tried the Wii Fit Plus today. I like it! I feel a little silly doing the cartoony ones but love the yoga! I think this is something I can do at least 3 or more times a week! How is the EA Active? Is it a little more grown up? I would love to hear about your favorites on the Wii Fit and any feedback about EA Active!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well I tried the Wii Fit Plus today. I like it! I feel a little silly doing the cartoony ones but love the yoga! I think this is something I can do at least 3 or more times a week! How is the EA Active? Is it a little more grown up? I would love to hear about your favorites on the Wii Fit and any feedback about EA Active!

EA Active is very grownup. It is like having a personal trainer take you thru each exercise and pushing you along. I have done the 30 day challenge twice and I am now halfway thru the EA More workouts 6 week challenge. I really like it and I think they are great places to get workouts.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    How is everyone doing?? I am determined to finish out the month with a bang since it started with a whimper. Tonight, on my Wii Fot Plus, I ventured for the first time into the expert cycling and o , m , g ..:laugh: . To think I thought the advanced was hard. I have been doing the island tour last few times, but the expert took me almost a full hour to finish, over 12 miles, LOL. well, it gave me the most calorie burn I have gotten yet on the Wii so it served it's purpose. First time in a long time I didn't get to the boxing, and I only scored 130 on the skateboarding tonight. Only a week or so left for someone to beat me at that,.. and your so close!

Going to The Melting Pot tomorrow night for dinner...eeeek. definitely will have to try and keep this pace up through the week just to balance that meal out. Yummo.

Hope everyone is doing great, see so many of you are! Keep it up!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hey Twentyten I hear ya on the expert cycling. I did it in 11 miles but that was my second attempt. The wii timed me out my first time. Its a nice calorie burn. I am only doing Wii Fit one day a week right now. Until I finish the 6 week challenge on EA Active More. I just added the 30 day shred and ChaLean Extreme to my workout schedule of walking, running and Wii so not much time for the Wii fit So Wednesday I will try my best to beat the skateboard score. Maybe in June we should try an expert cycle challenge to get the lowest mileage. That would be fun.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey Twentyten I hear ya on the expert cycling. I did it in 11 miles but that was my second attempt. The wii timed me out my first time. Its a nice calorie burn. I am only doing Wii Fit one day a week right now. Until I finish the 6 week challenge on EA Active More. I just added the 30 day shred and ChaLean Extreme to my workout schedule of walking, running and Wii so not much time for the Wii fit So Wednesday I will try my best to beat the skateboard score. Maybe in June we should try an expert cycle challenge to get the lowest mileage. That would be fun.

You're on RJ! I need the motivation, and that will surely provide me a longer burn than the skateboarding. Because it took so long I will probably only do it once a week, unless I manage to get much quicker at it, which I doubt.

And WOW, the EA Active, the Shred, AND the ChaLean?? Dang girl, that is intense, and impressive!

Anyway, the cycling challenge for June is on. Anyone else up for it? Still time to get some practice in. :wink: :wink:
  • tzipporah
    tzipporah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i would love to join this...getting a wii fit plus this weekend and am super excited about using it next week...will there be a june group?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    i would love to join this...getting a wii fit plus this weekend and am super excited about using it next week...will there be a june group?

Welcome and congrats on getting your Wii Fit plus!

Glad you can join us, and yes of course, we will open the June thread come June.

:flowerforyou: