5'7 Ladies (Large Frame) What are your Goal Weights?

Options
13»

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    5'9" maybe 5'10" i I haven't permanently crushed a disc. I've been told by a doctor that I trust not to go below 260 (high school weight), so that's what I set when I started here. But, if I can get down out of the women's sizes, I'll be happy! I've always had the ability to carry my weight very well. (In fact, when I weighed 260, people usually thought I was in the 120's!)

When I get there, I might re-evaluate and decide to try for more, but I doubt I'll ever hit a "healthy" BMI range.
  • Diane4life
    Diane4life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm a newby, started today at 320 lbs. I'm 5'7", 64 years of age, very large boned, broad shoulders, huge my whole life. I've got a long way to go but I'm in this for the long haul. My goal weight is listed at 145, but I'll see and adjust as I get closer to that weight. The last time I weighed that was in 1980 and I recall I really did look anorexic, so I'm doubtful that's a realistic number for me. But here I am, on my way!!!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm, like someone said above, built like a linebacker with very broad shoulders and I don't get lean muscle, I build bulky muscle- so, my goal is 180. I'd be happy with 170, but I've been lower when I had an ED and my bones protruded- no good. I swear, my bones alone weigh 150 and my hip bones with nothing on them would be a 8 or 10!!! Right now, I'm not focused on weight, just measurements and fitness since I think they are more reliable determinants of health! Good luck!
  • tepala21
    tepala21 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 and let my weight slip to a high of 218lbs, about a size 14. The lowest I've been in the past couple years was 173 and I was fitting into a size 10. Funny how 45lbs is only 4 sizes for me.... but am hoping to get down to a size 8, so I'm thinking about 160. We shall see :)
    6 sizes and 58 lbs to go!
  • ClassicStyles
    Options
    This is very good reading for determining body frame, and optimal weight based on frame size. It gives us something other than BMI to consider. Very Interesting.. has information for both men and women.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2346297_determine-body-frame-size.html
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 165, a loose size 12. I want to get down to 160 but my body will not let go of those last 5 pounds no matter what I do.

I am also experiencing the same stall right now :laugh: 'Tis a sign to me that 160 is a perfect goal!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" and my goal weight is anywhere between 180 and 185, I think. Aiming for a BF% of 20-25 :) I am blessed with a good frame and lots of muscle from dancing for 18 years and I would love to keep a layer of fat, as I think it is very sexy. Don't really want to tone up anywhere, except for my thighs :)
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I'm 5'7" and my happy weight was always between 163-167. Anything smaller than that and I definitely did not look right! lol My sister's would call me bobble head and say I looked anorexic. So even if I got to 170 right now I would be so HAPPY :) But then again who's counting, I just want to be FIT!
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    im 23 years old, 5'7, And 150 pounds

Latest measurements were 34-27.5-39.5

The heaviest ive ever been is around 168 size 12

I want to get down to 145-143 and I think I will see more definition in my abs (barely any now)

I cant seem to get under 146…I could have a stricter diet but im still eating healthier now than I have my whole life

big shoulders, and arms. no hips but big thighs & butt