Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas Here! :smile:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I try to eat fruit, veggies or sometimes whole grain crackers and some peanut butter.
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    I eat almonds pretty much every day. They are amazing! Also, apple slices (I cut them up myself in the morning and then eat them later--something not super appetizing about a whole apple to me) with peanut or other nut butter or honey for a sweet tooth. Berries with a couple squares of dark chocolate are also delicious!
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    . I am currently eating a boild egg every day because some damn bunny hid a bunch in my house. ;)

Hahahahahaha! Stupid bunny! I love hard boiled eggs, just not in high volume. Lol. We stopped coloring easter eggs when all my kids found out he isn't real. I am the only one in the family that eats hard boiled eggs, so it was pointless for them to make those darn pretty eggs.
  • Tamz2013
    Tamz2013 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    great suggestions, I'll be using some of these :)
  • rainbowlove03
    Options
    I personally snack a lot, but I'm trying to cut back on the "bad" stuff too(:

If you're looking for fix, I'd really recommend Special K savory herb crackers and hummus, Luna snack bars, 365 Organic organic popcorn, Annie's Organic gluten-free bunny snack cookies, or Yoplait! Light yogurt (:
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like to slice up a cucumber, salt the slices, and dip it into a homemade salad dressing as a snack.

Homemade salad dressing:
    1/3 lemon juice
    2/3 Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    ~1/8-1/4 tsp each of your choice of dried spices (my choices are dried dill weed, dried basil, and dried parsley)

Shake all of this up to emulsify it. Let it sit for about an hour to let the flavours mix. Pour a bit into a bowl to dip or just pour it over the slices. It makes enough for several uses (at least 5).
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you about the cottage cheese! YUCK!

My favorite snacks would have to be:
    Celery/PB
    greek yogurt
    grapes
    banana
    carrots/hummus
    string cheese
    boiled eggs
    almonds
  • letho1
    letho1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good ideas! Now I am hungry. I think I'll try roasted chick peas, hadn't thought of that before.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    fab ideas here also sugar free jelly with or without fruit set in
  • caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like:

Popcorn with nutritional yeast and some kind of spicy salt. Right now my favorite is Penzey's Turkish seasoning. I pop mine in coconut oil and top with butter, but air pop is good too. I often use my popcorn as a small meal. Love it and so nutritious!

Sliced apple dipped in a 50/50 mixture of balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. So delicious!

Homemade muffins made with some kind of fruit or veggie - zucchini/courgette, carrot, apple, pumpkin, etc. You can reduce the oil or butter in them because of the veggies and make them small so they aren't calorie bombs.

A cup of blended veggie soup. Some of the varieties that come in a carton with a spout are really tasty and don't have as much sodium as canned soups.

Salad with blue cheese dressing & sunflower seeds.
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    It took me forever to let go of the habit of eating sugary treats for snacks... I rarely snack anymore but when I do I eat raw nuts(a small portion, 10 to 20 grams), green tea helps with my cravings a lot, I don't know why but it does for some reason, you can try drinking green tea whenever you crave something sugary and fatty.
  • RaquelCasul
    Options
    here is a snippet from webMD

I agreed that being overweight correlates with health problems, and that health problems can be caused by bad habits which also result in being overweight. What I was objecting to was the idea that being thin is automatically better in every single way than being overweight, regardless of any other issues or actions. It is completely possible to be a good weight and suffer from malnutrition. It is possible to be overweight and otherwise healthy (though, yes, 400lbs was an example of reductio ad absurdum).
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Obviously you didn't read the twinkie diet i posted for you. Once again this guy ate pure junk food

Notice by losing weight his health improved while eating junk food.

One person is not a study, it's anecdata. In order to prove that losing weight does more good for your health than an all junk-food diet damages you, and that that is true for the general population, you'd need a wider spread study with a control group. I don't doubt that one statistical outlier could gain greater health improvements from losing weight than he'd lose from a twinkie diet. I doubt that that's true for everyone. A very simple counter study here would be Super Size Me, but all either of those indicate is what happened to one person who lived on junk food.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    today i cut up an apple into tiny pieces and microwaved it for 2 minutes. then i added 200g of plain natural yogurt and mixed it together. then i put it in the freezer for two hours and ate as is. absolutly delicious and very simple :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Have you gone into your profile and adjusted your weight? This will reduce your cal allowance - that might be why you have plateaued.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    try laughing cow cheese and look up some recipes on how to make yummy snacks with them. only 35 calories a wedge i think.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    also try googling "snacks under 100 calories", you will find a lot of clean options, like lists of 100-200 different snack ideas
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    bump for lata