Friend requests. Message vs no message

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I deny if there's no message. It implies that you didn't read my profile, which specifically asks to include a little message with your request. Every now and then, though, i'll let it slide if you're cute...lol

This! I've even surrounded my request for a message with asterisks and people still miss it?! I almost accepted a guy because he was cute, but then I thought maybe that's why he thought he could get away with no message, so I declined. Take that, cute guy!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I decline, unless they're hot.

Bwahahaha..... :flowerforyou:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I do exactly the same as you. Decline if no message. Always send a message if I want to add someone.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I only accept people with booze in their pic.

me too...

oh wait. i misread the word "booze"

but booze helps too.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I will accept pretty much anyone. It's like being given permission to stalk them and I'm all for it! Then if they turn out to be a dirtbag, I drop 'em (or they drop me when they realize I'm actually incredibly boring).

define dirtbag lol
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I accept almost all requests. Male or female I ask myself, "would you bang this person?". The answer is always yes but with varying degrees of alcohol consumption.

Why don't you come over to my place. I've got some Patron, lets explore these trisexual feelings.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Me, too, we should be *kitten* sisters.....whoring gets a bad rap.
    I'm a *kitten*, that should answer your question.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Me, too, we should be *kitten* sisters.....whoring gets a bad rap.

Damn Amy....I thought we were going to have wild and crazy lesbian sex. Are you stepping out on me doll?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I always send a message and I now only accept FRs with messages.

I used to accept FRs without a message, but found that most that did this were not overly active and often just friend collectors. I try to keep my friend list manageable so I can ensure that I interact with my friends.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I send a message with a request I make but I don't really care if a FR comes with a message or not. I figure I can always go back and delete if I end up not liking someone that's added me.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I haven't really declined anyone, BUT I do prefer there is a message
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever send them and I never accept them w/o a message.

Who am I kidding, I rarely ever accept them either. The FR has to be oozing awesome for me to accept.

Challenge accepted.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I accept almost all requests. Male or female I ask myself, "would you bang this person?". The answer is always yes but with varying degrees of alcohol consumption.

Orly? :huh:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

Damn Amy....I thought we were going to have wild and crazy lesbian sex. Are you stepping out on me doll?

I'm a *kitten*, *kitten* do *kitten* things...can't change a leopards spots or VD
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I would have sent a FR without a message...just didn't see it as important. I don't send many but if I do I will always write a message now.

I do accept FR's without a message, because I think if they're new they might not get it like I didn't....but I do prefer to get a message as it's nice to know why or where they found me.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

*Sets up camera*
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I've got four rules;

1) 21 or over ( no offence but I just don't know how much we would have in common otherwise

2) Include a message. It doesn't have to be anything special, just something that shows me you have actually taken the time to read my profile, in which I request a short message. If you can't be bothered to do that, you're probably not going to interact with me much anyway.

3) Don't be a collector. If you already have over 400 friends, how much could I really add to your daily life? How much can you add to mine?

4) Have an open profile. If I can't see what you're all about how am I suppose to judge if we'd get along?

If you strike out on more than two of the four, I don't accept
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    always depends on my mood. no rhyme or reason.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No message, I decline.
    It's simple.

It's widely known a message is polite.

Usually my message sucks "hi, I'm a big nerd let's be friends" But atleast it's a message.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bahaha, you got some funny replies on here girl! As you know I send messages with my requests! I have added people with no message to me buuuut I think I want to change that. I only really wanna be friends with someone that is serious with the 'fitness' ;)