Friend requests. Message vs no message

Options

Replies

• TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I usually accept them all, I'm such a *kitten*. I'm sure I'll end up deleting a bunch at some point...
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I rarely send Friend Requests, but when I do it includes a long detailed message about wanting to collect the hair from their bathtub drains and make little statues of them which I can then display on a mantel somewhere....

I decline for no message, if they are a mutual friend of someone on my friends list I will ask them but other than that no message no accept... the better the message the faster I will accept.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I like a message...I've accepted some FR's that didn't have one; but not if the profile is closed. That's an automatic decline right there...
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I also decline if there's no message. I also never send out friend requests :P.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I accept almost all requests. Male or female I ask myself, "would you bang this person?". The answer is always yes but with varying degrees of alcohol consumption.

Why don't you come over to my place. I've got some Patron, lets explore these trisexual feelings.

Be right over. I'll try anything once.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've actually declined an FR with a message - it was obviously some sort of form message this guy typed up (even had quote marks around it) and said soemthing about liking my post in a certain topic that I never posted to. No thanks creeper!

However, I will typically accept any FR with a message. Those without messages will only be accepted if I recognize the person from a recent thread we've both chatted on.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Do you decline friend requests if there is no message?
    Do you send friend requests without adding a message?

I tend to decline requests without messages, and always send a message when I want to add somebody. Now I'm wondering what other people do.

^same
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Depends how hot they are.

I feel so special...or hot or something!! :P
  • dtreg35
    dtreg35 Posts: 93
    Options
    At first, I accepted without a message if we shared a mutual friend or were hot even though it clearly states to please include a message on my profile. I now stick to it regardless though to be fair.

only your friends can see your profile in which you clearly state to send a message with the friend request!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I've got four rules;

1) 21 or over ( no offence but I just don't know how much we would have in common otherwise)

2) Include a message. It doesn't have to be anything special, just something that shows me you have actually taken the time to read my profile, in which I request a short message. If you can't be bothered to do that, you're probably not going to interact with me much anyway.

3) Don't be a collector. If you already have over 400 friends, how much could I really add to your daily life? How much can you add to mine?

4) Have an open profile. If I can't see what you're all about how am I suppose to judge if we'd get along?

If you strike out on more than two of the four, I don't accept

Hatred of broccoli is an automatic in though, right?

True. How could I forget? :)
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I usually send a message, unless I was already talking to then in a group post, where they were asking for new friends. It seems to be the courteous thing to do, when you are asking to connect, but, hey, I'm new to the site, so I generally accept whoever - especially if I recognize them in a previous thread, message or not.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Do you send friend requests without adding a message?

I tend to decline requests without messages, and always send a message when I want to add somebody. Now I'm wondering what other people do.
    If I send a request, it's always with an explanation.

If someone sends me a request without an explanation I usually decline.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I am clearly in the minority here. I accept all friend requests with or without messages. I don't care why you want to have me on your MFP feed. I've had to oust a few for bad behavior, but that's easy enough to do.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    If it's a hot female, well yeah I accept. Otherwise, it depends on my mood at the moment. I mean, maybe she just wants some man candy, and it would be cruel to deny her the pleasure of having me on her list.

And no, I couldn't get through typing that load of total BS without cracking up :bigsmile:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I am clearly in the minority here. I accept all friend requests with or without messages. I don't care why you want to have me on your MFP feed. I've had to oust a few for bad behavior, but that's easy enough to do.

I am more likely to oust for lack of bad behavior, but to each their own :devil:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone, but only FR with a message.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    depends on my mood. I prefer a message, but if I'm in a good mood, I might let one without a message slide...
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever send them and I never accept them w/o a message.

Who am I kidding, I rarely ever accept them either. The FR has to be oozing awesome for me to accept.

I had you at "hello"
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I send friends requests, I always throw in a message. Mostly because I don't add people for no reason, so I usual mention why I'm interested. I don't accept friends requests without messages anymore because you end up with a bunch of people on your friends list that you don't really know anything about.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    If it's a hot female, well yeah I accept. Otherwise, it depends on my mood at the moment. I mean, maybe she just wants some man candy, and it would be cruel to deny her the pleasure of having me on her list.

And no, I couldn't get through typing that load of total BS without cracking up :bigsmile:

Man Candy... NO! FR Sent!