HELP - BREAKFAST SUCKS

Options

Replies

• luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love a slice of Ezekiel bread with cheese (laughing cow/goat cheese/manchengo) and a thin slice of deli ham. Keeps me full.
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1 boiled egg & Greek light yogurt
    Protein shake
    Yogurt, oats, berries
    Quest protein bar
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow, lots of great info!!!! I do have hypertension which is the salt factor. At one time I was told to limit myself to 2 eggs a week - I LOVE EGGS!!!! I love traditional breafasts.

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas, the laughs (1/2 litre of vodka - smh) and the encouragement....

GOOOOOO EGGGGGGSSSSSS, lol
  • leslieg45
    Options
    Aside from the vodka/face crumbs treat, rofl -
    ....I love some freshly juiced stuff so that I can get some nutrients in me (kale, carrots, apple, cucumber is the one I've been doing lately) and then protein - an egg, maybe a couple slices bacon and some black beans, with some salsa or hot sauce. AND I only eat stuff that tastes good to me - if I don't like it, I know from experience that I won't keep eating it no matter how healthy a book or friend says it is! Try people's suggestions, and then see how you feel - I'm a firm believer that we each need a personal diet that works, and that its different for each of us.
  • mariehydro2012
    Options
    Actually I eat regular food for breakfast. Sometimes a wrap or things like that. I was never a breakfast eater and I don't loose weight when I skip breakfast. Just eat something healthy that you like. I try to keep the calories under 300 for breakfast. My issue was never eating enough.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! :-)

I read somewhere you should have a protein, a whole grain, and a fruit. Usually, I cook something on Sunday then eat it all week for breakfast. One of my absolute faves is the recipe for chocolate chip banana pancakes from skinnytaste.com. You can freeze them then pop them in a toaster oven for 10 minutes at 350.

I also make breakfast sandwiches with English muffins, low fat cheese, and eggs. You could do lots of combos with this. I always have a fruit and skim milk with breakfast.
  • bratchman
    Options
    Quick-cooking oatmeal with about a cup of fresh or frozen blueberries......with eiher a half of an orange or an 6-8 oz. glass of OJ. These are good carbs that will give you energy for the rest of the day.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Recently I've just been having two cups of black coffee. I eat a big meal after I workout, around 1 or 2pm.

But in the past, breakfast consisted of three whole eggs with a side of veggies and either bacon or sausage and a handful of berries. Sometimes I'd have dinner leftovers. I also liked having a cheeseburger (wrapped in lettuce--I don't eat grains). I made smoothies if I was in a rush...raw eggs, spinach, berries, coconut milk, maybe a scoop of whey protein.
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LOVE all these ideas!!! Ty for this thread!!!

I tend to do my green smoothies almost every morning... the mornings I dont do a smoothie I usually do eggs and toast..... I am also getting into having hard boiled eggs ready to eat... Ive also done the eggs in the muffin tins which is amazing on a english muffin...(tho Im trying to switch it up to clean and dont know that a muffin would be clean.. lol)... anyways.... great info here...
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    FRUIT AND NUTS!!!

I also like to get a serving of legumes with a little bit of rice in with my breakfast. Usually it's cold lentils out of the fridge (if I wasn't lazy the night before).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Please explain to me why "breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"

It's important not to faint at work from hunger! :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i think it is the best, YUM!
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have to love a banana and spinach protein breakfast smoothie! :)
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Okay and after reading all these, I think I seriously need to learn how to make an egg white omelette.

My hubby and I have tried to makes omelettes(with eggs, not egg whites) at home but it ends up just really being scrambled eggs with a bunch of stiff mixed in. Or maybe I should get one of those omelette making skillets for the less than stellar chefs? lol
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt
    vanilla protein powder for flavor
    berries
    granola

+ my coffee

=
    everyday breakfast
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have automated by breakfast so that I have enough for the rest of the day. 50g oats, hot water, seeds, nuts. Microwave. Add 50ml cold water, stir, leave for 5 minutes. Hot herbal tea.
  • Amanda0877
    Options
    Eggs are healthy unless you need to watch your cholesterol. I like anjou pear slices with this goat cheese I recently discovered called Chavrie Purely Goat. Its creamy, spreadable, and because its whipped its like half the calories.
  • scress0514
    scress0514 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    eat whatever floats your boat, who says you cant do that. just make healthy choices and everything will fall into place....good luck
  • cindylou54166
    Options
    I drive an hour each way to work. My favorite breakfast on the go is the "omelette in a bag". We always have these while camping, but they are really handy at any time.

Using a quart-sized FREEZER zip-type bag, crack two eggs max per bag. (If someone wants a bigger omelette, it's recommended to have two "bags" instead so that it cooks properly.

Add whatever fixing you like. As far as I'm concerned, veggies are "free" because they are low-cal and low-fat, PLUS they fill you up. If you're trying to avoid the yolks, only use the whites. Or, use 1 yolk only and 2 egg whites.

Add a lean meat, if desired, for added protein. If you want to add grated cheese, go ahead. I only put in about 1T. of low-fat cheese.

Put in a boiling pan of water. If you cook them at a full boil, they only take about 6-8 minutes. Once the water comes to a boil, I turn it down to low and it continues to cook while I'm getting ready for work.

Before I leave, I turn off the pan and take out the bag and wrap it in paper towels. On the way, I unzip the bag and kind of push the bottom of the bag so that the omelette "top" sticks out of the bag. It's shaped kind of like a burrito, so there's no mess. PLUS, no messy pan, either!
  • lbdc05
    lbdc05 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always go with a smoothie! I like to use a cup of lowfat cherry kefir, a cup of frozen berries, 2 tbsp of chia seeds, a handful of fresh baby spinach, and a scoop of chocolate shakeology. It so tasty, keeps you full, and is an easy early morning fix. :)

It's pretty much full of everything you need!