Diet sodas are not bad after all!!!

Options

Replies

• SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The thing with diet coke is: If I'm craving something, I would rather drink one (zero calories) and take my time drinking it, instead of going crazy in the kitchen and binging!! so at the end of the day I would say that drinking diet sodas is better than snacking... but if you can snack without going over your daily calorie needs, thats great. I wish I could do it but once I start eating... oh my days.
    Yup. This is me too. :drinker:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Cuervo Gold !
  • MyNameIsRita
    Options
    Why is diet soda being discussed on a food and nutrition forum? It is neither and shouldn't belong here.

I'm glad you found an article to justify your addiction to diet soda. Enjoy.

Thanks, no need to be rude. And also, who told you I was addicted to diet soda? I never said that, lol. Why shouldnt it be discussed on a nutrition forum? Just read the article and everything else it mentions.

Anyways just thought I would share, because I've read million of articles about the dangers of diet sodas... this is the first one of the kind!!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    you guys know that mixing diet sodas with hard liquor eliminates all of these lolside effects of artificial sweeteners right?

true story. read it on the interwebz mahself.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Why is diet soda being discussed on a food and nutrition forum? It is neither and shouldn't belong here.

I'm glad you found an article to justify your addiction to diet soda. Enjoy.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying diet pops or regular pops from time to time.
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    Yes they are.

Nope!
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Um, aspartame? Just because it doesn't make you fat doesn't mean it's not bad for you....
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda is firmly in the "Not sure if bad for you camp, but it sure as hell isnt positive"
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around any of this. I know regular soda isn't ok, except for in the case of a migraine. I can't imagine diet soda would be okay. How can it not have any calories? It's not water. It is something, how can something be nothing? And rum? I can't imagine drinking that either. Craziness!
  • links_slayer
    Options
    Um, aspartame? Just because it doesn't make you fat doesn't mean it's not bad for you....

lol....mkay
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes they are.

Nope!

Yes they are! :flowerforyou:
  • thisismeraw
    Options

I have yet to see one reliable source that proves it is bad for humans. Over and over again it has been shown to be safe in moderate amounts.
  • thisismeraw
    Options
    Yes they are.

Nope!

Yes they are! :flowerforyou:

They are not nearly as good as drinking water, tea or even a glass of fresh juice but they are not terrible for you provided you don't have any medical issues regarding the ingredients within them.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Sodas whether they are regular or diet are nothing more than a can or bottle full of artificial color, flavor, and various other chemicals. Sodas, especially diet varieties, are NOT good for you.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile isn't going to hurt you. Don't like it, then don't drink it.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet soda daily. No credible research has shown a causal link between aspartame and negative health, until some does, I will continue drinking diet soda. Helps me with sweets cravings and keeps me full longer.

Also, in for the lolz...
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    January 2012 I decided to stop diet soda just for one month to give myself a clean slate. Fully intended to drink more diet soda. After 2 weeks I couldn't believe how much better I felt in the craving sweets department. My cravings were reduced by half. So, I just kept it up. Nearly, 1 1/2 years later I'm still soda free. Now my husband doesn't find he has any problems as a result of drink diet soda. So, I say whatever works for you. Give yourself a month off. If you don't feel different then you're one of the one's that can handle it.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you want fullness drink a nutriblast no fake sugars or sweetners just pure nature :D I had to cut mine down to a little 8 oz servings, whenever I get a sweet craving or start to feel hungry between meals I grab some I premade that morning or the day before and drink it. So much better for you in every way...also I noticed Dannon removed aspartame from their light and fit yogurt....if it was all that great why would they do that? I love Dr Pepper and even diet Dr Pepper but I love my life more and not knowing for sure is enough for me to stick to the for sure foods.
  • links_slayer
    Options
    I drink Diet soda daily. No credible research has shown a causal link between aspartame and negative health, until some does, I will continue drinking diet soda. Helps me with sweets cravings and keeps me full longer.

Also, in for the lolz...

Careful....don't you know there is a massive cover-up conspiracy between FDA and beverage/artificial sweetener companies to make us *THINK* that they are safe.