T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk5

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    jjtonic75-sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 159.4 Lost 1.2 pounds WHOOOHOOO!!!
    Pawrpint-sw168 gw115 cw134.4 Lost one pound
    egam - sw 205 gw 185 cw 198 Lost one pound YAY!
    Buttonnose - sw 204 gw 145 cw 189.6 Lost two pounds this week. Woohoo

PS How does one change the starting weight...as mine is incorrect. It still shows my starting weight as of last year...but I went up from that.

Congrats on the 2 pounds loss that is found fantastic!!! I hope they figure out what is wrong with your ear. That definitely can be frustrating and weird feeling.

What I did to change my weight is go into weigh in and edit previous entries. Just change your first entry to your new start weight. It worked for me, I am sure it will work for you.

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls. Great job everyone. I'm so proud of you! Great going on the new job, 5k, situps, daughters track, and weight loss. Nice to see new ones and nice to see you Button, and nice to see regulars. Did I cover everything and everyone LOL ?

I've not been posting or doing much about my weightloss. I am hovering at 245-247 which is where I have been for a month now. I've been focusing on my health and the new doctor and my FM. New meds seem to work and I have gone 3 days without taking ANY pain pills. The doctor assured me that these meds don't have weight gain as a side effect.

I am doing good with my daughter being in New York. She got a job right away , not sure if she wants to keep that job but she is working until she find something she wants. She also turned down 2 other jobs. The one she wants might be hiring in a couple of weeks and she has another interview on Monday. We use skype to video chat so that really helps. I just sort of pretend she is still living 30 minutes from me. We didn't see each other but once every 2 weeks when she lived here and now we talk more on the phone or skype so I am doing ok. She comes home June 18th for Tony's graduation and Alexis's birthday so that will be nice. Then she comes back July 10th for Matt's wedding. (Tony= my 18 yr old, Alexis= my 9 yr old grand daughter, Matt= my 22 yr old)

My other focus has been on God. I've been a Christian for 25 yrs but the last few years I've not been walking the walk or talking the talk. I haven't been going to church or reading my bible and I realized that I want more out of my relationship with God. So if I want God to be more in my life I need to be more in HIS. I've started going to a bible study at a church I have gone to on and off for the last 3 yrs. We are studying a book about how beautiful women are to God and healing their broken hearts. It's been wonderful. I've been spending less time online and more time in my bible. Don't worrry I won't be preaching here but you will be hearing praise reports of what God i doing in my life!! LOL

So those are the baby steps I've been working on. I only have a few weeks left until the wedding and if I am to reach my goal and get to 225lbs then I need to get moving on that too. So I will try to get here every day to post and to log. If I can make time for the bible everyday I can make time to come here.

Love to you all and have a blessed week. Good luck to you on all your goals. I KNOW you can reach them.

Deb
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Crazybee-I am so glad that your meds are doing well for you and no pain pills. What a relief for you.
    I have not heard of skype, but that is great that you are able to see and talk to your daughter every day. I wish her luck finding the job she wants.
    I am not good about going to church myself these days. I do pray every day though and try to let God take care of my concerns rather than me try to take care of them. I would be more stressed out than I already am. With God you can find the strength to do anything you set your mind to.
    Baby steps are the way to go. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    jjtonic75-sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 159.4 Lost 1.2 pounds WHOOOHOOO!!!
    Pawrpint-sw168 gw115 cw134.4 Lost one pound
    egam - sw 205 gw 185 cw 198 Lost one pound YAY!
    Buttonnose - sw 204 gw 145 cw 189.6 Lost two pounds this week. Woohoo
    cnbethea-sw168.8 gw 140 cw 165 lost 2.8 this week!!

Crazybee that's wonderful your not taking the pain meds. Building a relationship with God is just wonderful continue to be successful with the baby steps!!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    egam sw 205; gw 185; cw 199 gain 2 pounds
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 160.6 loss of 3.80
    nitag SW 230/ GW 145/ CW 203 = loss of 1 lb
    losingit4good. SW 252/ GW 200/ CW 219.8= lost 2lbs
    Pawprint-sw-168,gw-115,cw-135 Maintaining Nicely :smile:

Hello All...I'm new to the thread but would like to join you all.
    H_R_Wilson sw 210 gw 175 cw 198.8 = loss of 11.2 total (3.4 from 5/10)
  • Iffer75
    Options
    egam sw 205; gw 185; cw 199 gain 2 pounds
    jjtonic75 sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 160.6 loss of 3.80
    nitag SW 230/ GW 145/ CW 203 = loss of 1 lb
    losingit4good. SW 252/ GW 200/ CW 219.8= lost 2lbs
    Pawprint-sw-168,gw-115,cw-135 Maintaining Nicely :smile:

Hello All...I'm new to the thread but would like to join you all.
    H_R_Wilson sw 210 gw 175 cw 198.8 = loss of 11.2 total (3.4 from 5/10)

Glad to have you with us. We do our weigh in's Friday's, but if you are use to weighing in on a different day that is totally fine. We are all here to help one another.

What are your goals to make it to your goal weight? :bigsmile:
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Crazybee-I am so glad that your meds are doing well for you and no pain pills. What a relief for you.
    I have not heard of skype, but that is great that you are able to see and talk to your daughter every day. I wish her luck finding the job she wants.
    I am not good about going to church myself these days. I do pray every day though and try to let God take care of my concerns rather than me try to take care of them. I would be more stressed out than I already am. With God you can find the strength to do anything you set your mind to.
    Baby steps are the way to go. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the encouragement. I am excited. One whole week without pain pills. I still have pain but not so bad I have to take the pills. God is so good.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, it's the relationship with God that makes you one. Sounds like you have that. I've been seeing and learning so much reading my bible. It's amazing what you can learn. Going to church gives you time to have fellowship with other believers. I've not been going to services but going to a bible study. I feel well enough to go to the services now so I plan on going again. I hope that you continue to seek God and that you will want to have fellowship with others as well. Have a great week!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, yesterday was much better. I feel fantastic today. I guess I did just need one extra rest and cheat day. LOL

Band practice got done early, so I was able to get home at a decent time and get my workout done. Last nite was BBL Sculpt. I then added in about 30 mins of PCC. I did the entire warmup and one set of each interval with the additional moves after the third interval. Then the cool down. It was a great workout and I am really glad I am back at it. Clean eating all day and a positive attitude to match.

Today is the same way, feeling AWESOME. Can't wait to workout tonite. It will be BBL High & Tight and Tummy Tuck. That Tummy Tuck is tough, so I am kinda scared of it. LOL I do have band practice tonite, but I am sure we will be out by 8pm so I will have plenty of time to maybe get in a little Insanity. I am ready to DIG DEEPER!!!

KPP!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am excited. One whole week without pain pills. I still have pain but not so bad I have to take the pills. God is so good.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, it's the relationship with God that makes you one. Sounds like you have that. I've been seeing and learning so much reading my bible. It's amazing what you can learn. Going to church gives you time to have fellowship with other believers. I've not been going to services but going to a bible study. I feel well enough to go to the services now so I plan on going again. I hope that you continue to seek God and that you will want to have fellowship with others as well. Have a great week!

I am so glad you are doing better. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. He does wonderful things. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have been doing good for the last couple of days with my exercise and clean eating. Feeling so much better. I am feeling slimmer in the hips area and I can actually see my bones in my chest area more. Above the girls. hehe My collar bone is very prominent now as well. I know I am now in a good weight range. So, if I could just get to my goal weight, which is only a couple pounds away, I can start to maintain. Whatever that really means. I will be training pretty much 7 days a week for my half marathon and sticking with my current menu, which is consisting of approximately 1500 to 1700 calories. Who knows with all this running I may even lose a couple pounds. That wouldn't hurt my feelings any. LOL

Okay, High & Tight of Brazil Butt Lift. YUCK!!! Is all I can say. It is my least favorite. There are pains in my bootie from the last moves of the workout. I can tell it is working, but man!!! Who knew your bootie could burn like that. LOL I have High & Tight again tonite and I am dreading it. I do like the Tummy Tuck though, even if it is tough. I can feel the abs forming.

KPP everybody and have a wonderful day.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Where is everyone?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, I did weigh in this morning, but I am not going to use it as my official weight. I will use tomorrow's. I am kinda upset because it said that I gained 2 pounds. I know tomorrow will be better. Then I am going to have Jon hide the scale. I will not weigh myself again for 6 weeks. I am tired of looking at those darn numbers and getting upset over them. I figured half way through the HM training would be a good time to look. I will also do measurements and pics this weekend. Honestly, I feel fantastic. I feel like I am in a good place. My body is feeling great and my motivation is good. So, after this weekend no more numbers or 6 weeks.

I will still continue to come here and support everybody. So, keep up the great work everyone and don't forget to come here for encouragement and support. That is what we are all here for. To help push each other to get to our goals. Don't give up on yourself, you are totally worth it.

Have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I only count the number that I see on weigh in day. Of course these days, I have to force myself to even remember to weigh in. Like today, I'm off work so I have to use my other scale which is almost dead on the same but I like the one at work better. I haven't even thought about weighing in until I read your post JJ.

I tried a new work out last night. The firm 5 day ab work out. I liked it. A little old school but I still feel it a little today which is what I like. Lately my ab work outs, I feel it when I get done and then the burn is gone in like an hour. We'll see, I'm doing day 2 tonight.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I only count the number that I see on weigh in day. Of course these days, I have to force myself to even remember to weigh in. Like today, I'm off work so I have to use my other scale which is almost dead on the same but I like the one at work better. I haven't even thought about weighing in until I read your post JJ.

I tried a new work out last night. The firm 5 day ab work out. I liked it. A little old school but I still feel it a little today which is what I like. Lately my ab work outs, I feel it when I get done and then the burn is gone in like an hour. We'll see, I'm doing day 2 tonight.

The firm has some great videos. I have actually done one that had dancing in it. It was approximately 45 mins and I tell you what when first starting out losing weight. I worked my bum bum off. LOL Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options

The firm has some great videos. I have actually done one that had dancing in it. It was approximately 45 mins and I tell you what when first starting out losing weight. I worked my bum bum off. LOL Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:

I just did day 2 and I was pushing myself to get through the combo crunches. Usually if it kicks my butt I can't finish it or I don't want too, but this one is super quick. There are several combo moves that make it feel like I worked out longer than I really did. I don't loose my stamina or energy and I feel like I could keep going. I do feel a burn. I like that. It's simple and I think it's a great series to help build stamina in that area.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Alright let's see.

First I have noticed that I have stretch marks on my legs around my knees. Wow. I think that gain was from when I was pregnant. I had a lot of fluid gain. But that's pretty cool.

Second, I am not sure why I wasn't tracking this, but I added sugar to my meal tracking and wow. I drank one drink and bam I was way over. I know there are drinks out there that have a lot of sugar. I've always know what I drink has a lot of sugar but I've never seen it in writing, and I've never seen it in red.... I'm wondering if that is what has been slowing me down with my loss. Back when i cut out all my sugar drinks I think I was loosing faster. Time to try it again. Besides it's summer and I should be increasing my water.

My sister went to the hospital last night with a blocked bowel. She has Crohn's disease. She's only 19. I guess they gave her some stuff and if it doesn't help then they have to go in and remove that part of the bowel. Really pisses me off because I know what is eaten in that home and it's not good. Recently I have started feeling some of the same symptoms and I've pretty much changed my diet around to where I'm not effected anymore. I wish she would do the same.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Alright let's see.

First I have noticed that I have stretch marks on my legs around my knees. Wow. I think that gain was from when I was pregnant. I had a lot of fluid gain. But that's pretty cool.

Second, I am not sure why I wasn't tracking this, but I added sugar to my meal tracking and wow. I drank one drink and bam I was way over. I know there are drinks out there that have a lot of sugar. I've always know what I drink has a lot of sugar but I've never seen it in writing, and I've never seen it in red.... I'm wondering if that is what has been slowing me down with my loss. Back when i cut out all my sugar drinks I think I was loosing faster. Time to try it again. Besides it's summer and I should be increasing my water.

My sister went to the hospital last night with a blocked bowel. She has Crohn's disease. She's only 19. I guess they gave her some stuff and if it doesn't help then they have to go in and remove that part of the bowel. Really pisses me off because I know what is eaten in that home and it's not good. Recently I have started feeling some of the same symptoms and I've pretty much changed my diet around to where I'm not effected anymore. I wish she would do the same.

I do agree that sugar can hinder you weight loss and remember your sodium as well. That is a biggy that no one really pays attention too. Also, water is your best friend whether you really like it or not. I know it is hard to get use to it, but it is so worth it. I see you are going to increase your water. How much do you drink on average a day right now? I am sure you know this but the minimum is 8-8oz glasses a day. I drink at least 16 if not more, depending how intense my workouts are. I also have 2 cups of green tea a day to help flush out unnecessaryness (if that is even a word, LOL) I have found it very beneficial. I use to use ALOT of sugar, but have learned to use less than a tablespoon of Splenda. Everyone has their own view on which sugar is best, just pick one that you like and just use it in moderation.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Maybe once she sees how well you are doing to control foods and bowels, she may just jump on the band wagon. It may take longer than you want, but who knows. It may be tomorrow. I will pray for her and hope that she is better today.

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    jjtonic75-sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4

I gained 2 pounds. UGH!!! I did do my measurements this morning though, and I have lost just over 6 inches total. So, this is just an example on why the scale is not your best friend. I know I feel good and I just need to leave it at that. That darn scale is the DEVIL!!! :devil: Jon is going to hide it today and I will not see it again for 6 weeks from today. I will also then re-measure and take pics.

I hope everyone comes on over the weekend to keep us updated on how they are doing. I know the weekends are hard, but we all can do this if we have each other to hold ourselves accountable. When you feel like that bad snack is calling, walk away from it and find something to do to keep you busy. Don't let it take control of you. You are so worth this and so much more.

Have a beautiful weekend everybody. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    jjtonic75-sw 206.8 gw 155.0 cw 161.4
    Pawprint-sw168 gw115, cw134 No change.

Did day three of my ab work out today and I had to push through..... I didn't think I was going to make it at the end there..... I'm feelin it though.... :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Good news. I just checked my BMI. It's been awhile. I'm finally in the healthy range for BMI and my target weight range.... yay. :smile: