A Cleanse that my Aunt sent me

Options
124»

Replies

• nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly I don't really think any of you are in a position to tell me whether or not my aunt loves me :/ She does this cleanse once a year, feels great afterwards and in case you didn't pay attention, that was her personal experience with it. I know people who fast all the time with no problems and this is just one of many. I didn't realize that MFP was really just other people trolling the ideas that people put out there.

Aaaaaand we've received confirmation. *Exits thread*
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this, but it isnt a diet. Its used to find out what food you are allergic to. AS a diet, its sounds horrible.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Or.... She is new, Was excited about her cleanse, and just wanted to share it. What a welcome.
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Annnnnnndddddd... I've just realised the OP is new, has nothing on their profile and is starting a thread that is bound to get people heated. I smell a t...................
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly I don't really think any of you are in a position to tell me whether or not my aunt loves me :/ She does this cleanse once a year, feels great afterwards and in case you didn't pay attention, that was her personal experience with it. I know people who fast all the time with no problems and this is just one of many. I didn't realize that MFP was really just other people trolling the ideas that people put out there.

youre new. welcome to mfp, and the internet.

do a quick search for the term "cleanse" and do some quality reading. may explain some things.

good luck in your journey.

(where's lea?)
    *appears*

Don't stop believing, guise.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have tried the Dr Oz cleanse and really enjoyed it. You're not starving yourself, just putting good things into your body and flushing out the bad. I definitely recommend it! Your aunt's detox sounds terrible! :noway:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Swap one ill-advised cleanse for another? Hmmmmmmm. Where's the protein? Where's the balance of food to get all the nutrients you need? Oh, but if Dr Oz endorses it then it must be okay!

The protein comes from the almond milk, almond butter, flax seed, spinach, kale, and avocado. And as a vegetarian, I think that this menu is completely balanced. Should there be some meat in there?

You should really try not to be so condescending, there is a polite way to disagree. But I guess its easy to be harsh towards people when you're hiding behind a computer screen.

You absolutely can get enough protein for a healthy diet by being vegetarian, I agree (and you are making the assumption that I am a meat-eater, although not sure why).

But this "cleanse" only contains 23.6g per day, which I think is too low (the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control recommends a minimum of 46g per day for women, I eat more than double that).
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

Avoid... strenuous exercise.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
    tumblr_matormn9x61rn95k2o1_250.gif
    BS Meter exploded
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

youre new. welcome to mfp, and the internet.

do a quick search for the term "cleanse" and do some quality reading. may explain some things.

good luck in your journey.

(where's lea?)
    *appears*

Don't stop believing, guise.

OMGZ. Are you that Most Motivational MFPer everyone talks about?! I've heard how you're SO motivating and supportive and accept ALL friend requests!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

lol. Look up trolling. Disagreeing =/= trolling.

You know, it's pretty bad when even those who are FOR detoxes/cleanses are telling you this is a bad idea. LMAO
  • annerbzonum
    annerbzonum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Note that it doesn't say "NEVER do strenuous exercise" it states to avoid it when you aren't eating very much....
  • annerbzonum
    annerbzonum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Note that it doesn't say "NEVER do strenuous exercise" it states to avoid it when you aren't eating very much....

Perhaps herein lies the obviousness of the stupidity imbedded in this "cleanse."
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that if you actually read all the responses, you would realize that it isn't a good idea, and just drop it.

I like what someone else said earlier: Even the people who are *for* certain "cleanses" say it is a terrible idea.

You should continue to educate yourself on healthy eating and then teach your aunt that she doesn't need to starve herself to become healthy.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.