bump for later
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad i can trust subway, love their food! :D
    It's probably because they tested with 6" subs
    and sold them a 5" sub =P
    --
    There is going to be an obvious variance in prepared food items at a restaurant. The reason places like McDonald's gets it so close is the uniformity of their items.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would eat are the subway subs so I'm glad they are accurate. Now I don't feel bad when I'm under my calories at the end of the day - because I'm probably not that far off. This is another reason to make your own food
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    Options
    lol not the vegan sandwich! aw thats disappointing but not all that surprising.. but still! ps thanks for sharing!
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness, everyone should see this.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I kind of suspected this all along. I think this is why it's so important to listen to your body's needs. Eat when you're hungry - when you feel your stomach growling. And stop when you are satisfied. NOT FULL. But satisfied. Thanks for sharing!

Why can't I eat till I'm full?

I usually get full after my meal. Occasionally, I have to wait about 10-15 minutes before the feeling of being full "hits me," but it always hits. People who aren't eating until they are full either have a deficit that's too high, or they haven't learned what it means to "feel full" and wait until they feel "stuffed to the gills."
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting
  • sungod916
    sungod916 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ...and yet most of us are still losing weight by counting calories in earnest.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bumping later
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    I've always wondered about this... how disappointing. I really hope they find a way to enforce accuracy. At least it appears we can trust subway...

LOL I don't know how you think you can trust Subway when their footlong wasn't even 12" LMAO
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad i can trust subway, love their food! :D

Me too! I am now suspicious of restaurants :huh:

YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What a clever video! And super helpful to know.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Wow! Makes you think!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    That is INSANE. I wonder if that applies in Canada as well? I know that the Canadian FDA is very strict. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for posting!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Reinforcing my thought that you are generally better off preparing your own food from basic and well known ingredients when possible. But still, given the national weight problem I would like to see better accuracy. I think being off by 10% is not unreasonable, but there is no excuse for the sandwich with double the calorie count. I'd call that false advertising for sure.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Go subway!
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think this is because well, MFP wants me to consume a net of 1200 calories to lose weight plus exercise. BUT if I check the calorie counters online for how much I should consume and exercise to lose weight, its at a net of 1800 or 1900. That's a big gap, so that may be why were still losing weight.