Replies

• Kamile69
    Kamile69 Posts: 87
    Options
    Seriously bumbed out.... :sad:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ...and yet most of us are still losing weight by counting calories in earnest.

I think this is because well, MFP wants me to consume a net of 1200 calories to lose weight plus exercise. BUT if I check the calorie counters online for how much I should consume and exercise to lose weight, its at a net of 1800 or 1900. That's a big gap, so that may be why were still losing weight.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I always knew that with so many different people making food and that they don't regularly use scales for measurements that it could not possibly be accurate. However, I was shocked at how far off it was. Maybe I should start eating only home cooked...well I don't know about all of that, but I can certainly start questioning my foods. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks. Another reason to eat whole foods (prepared at home) and lots of fruit and veggies - because they are low calorie already if they are over it shouldn't be as significant.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Thanks for posting! So interesting!
  • kimba61502
    Options
    An even better reason to stay away from fast food.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    this is why when people have a difficult time losing and I look at their diary and see a lot of meals out and a lot of pre-packaged process food I usually tell them that they're probably eating more than they think they are, even if they're logging everything.

More nutrient dense whole foods and less processed foods, junk or otherwise...including restaurant food
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always suspected restaurants analyses would be inaccurate, but I didn't really think the pre-packaged foods would be so off!
    Perhaps this is one of the many reasons a calories in/calories out focus never worked for me.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Now this makes me glad we rarely eat out. I do buy some prepackaged items like salads. I have been thinking about trying to start packing my own. Those little bowls are kind of expensive like many prepackaged items are. It is just more easier. I guess that will be my new task my next shopping trip.