my body isnt what it used to be! and i'm only 24!!!!

Options
so i was just wondering when you started realizing you were not as young as you used to be.

i'm only 24 and i have been noticing this since i turned 23. the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be...i think of my mother and her constant talk of eye lifts when i put my makeup on :noway:

aside from that i also noticed my body and the way i carry my weight now. i've always had an hourglass figure, and i still kinda do as long as whatever i'm wearing is loose in the tummy area to hide that but tight enough show off my waist. but i've noticed my shape isnt as defined as it used to be. last night i was looking in the mirror and realized that, while my waist is still there, it is NOT as small as it used to be, even when i was the same weight.

i'm glad i started eating right and exercising now, instead of dealing with all of this later. I've come to the conclusion that unless i keep staying dedicated to working out and eating properly, my hourglass will turn into a pear and i dont want to be shaped like that! no offense to anyone who has a pear shape, but given that ive had 24 years of being an hourglass, a pear shape is not something i'm used to dressing for or confident with. its a heck of a thing to walk around and then BAM! one day you realize you're starting to look like a fruit...and you know it's not because "you are what you eat"

what's your stories about when you realized you were getting older and what made you start noticing it? i bet some of you have some really good stories :tongue:

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

what's your stories about when you realized you were getting older and what made you start noticing it?

Only when people started calling me 'madam' :explode:
  • cat_s85
    cat_s85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    24 is soooooooooo young, don't fret :) I'm 27 and I started to go grey when I turned 25, it's not much but I now regularly dye my hair, when I used to be so proud of my natural colour! Bound to happen though, my Dad has been grey since he was a teen. As for my weight, I'm thinner and more toned than when I was a teenager and early 20s, although between 19 and 21 I was stupidly skinny. I'm now more health conscious and don't do ridiculous diets, and I drink a lot lot less :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be.

I think you should see a doctor.

Having loose eyes is NOT a sign of aging.
  • cat_s85
    cat_s85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be.

I hope she means the firmness of her skin, not her actual eyes, lol, I hope...........?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    My parents' friends kept saying how much taller I was getting. :indifferent:
  • the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be.

sorry! i ment my eyelids lol i think of my moms eyes and how she always talks about eye lifts and i know that's where i get that problem from. and they say that tugging on them will age them even more!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    FYI, this only gets worse.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I was at my worst at 23 - 24. I'm now at my best, because I've worked hard. You just gotta work at it ya know?

And as for the saggy eye lids.. this JUST started happening to me 3 weeks ago. The solution is...

Every morning apply this for anti puff (or sag)...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9vOBYeVEYrWzHtc7T1r5ya-m7qO41OgIMAozX3yTMelJaRwAv

Let it dry, then apply this (generously). Make sure you buy a shade lighten than your usual cover up..
    Garnier-Anti-Dark-Circle-Eye-Roller.jpg

PS.. I'm turning 26 next month.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    what's your stories about when you realized you were getting older and what made you start noticing it?

I noticed that I was getting annoyed at 24 year old kids who thought they were getting old. Then I went outside to get the mail and I yelled at a cloud to stop putting so much shade on my lawn. "Don't you know that's Bermuda grass and it needs lots of sun? Get off my lawn!" *shakes fist at cloud*
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The pictures of that Garnier product make me feel all tingly. Is that me getting older?
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

I noticed that I was getting annoyed at 24 year old kids who thought they were getting old. Then I went outside to get the mail and I yelled at a cloud to stop putting so much shade on my lawn. "Don't you know that's Bermuda grass and it needs lots of sun? Get off my lawn!" *shakes fist at cloud*

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you think your body feels aged when you're 24, wait to see what you feel like when you're 34.

oAjhlHi.gif
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had no concept of what heartburn was until I turned 21. Then BAM I found out. The booze probably contributed.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am an old fart. LOL Bump for the Garnier products
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Getting called Ma'am instead of Miss - sigh. I will be 30 next year and I am determined to be in better shape in my 30s that I was/am in my 20s :)
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and don't feel old at all.

As for the hourglass/ pear shape. Don't let that stop you from losing weight. I was hourglass up until I had my son (hips spread when you get pregnant and never went the whole way back). So my booty is a bit bigger and I'm a bit "hippier" then I was before. Guess what you embrace it. I figured I'm no longer a teen, so time to learn to dress like a women.

Good luck.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I noticed I was getting older when the same amount of alcohol started giving me a 2-day hangover instead of just the next morning. :drinker:

Also with this little short person started following me around and calling me "mama." WTF is that all about? :huh:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I feel better now than I ever did in my 20s. I got thyroid medication and gave up gluten. I've been exercising the whole time.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When I threw out my back this year (31yrs old) and now that I am losing weight I am seeing laugh lines I did not have before BUT I am also seeing dimples when I smile that where hidden below my fluff lol I don't feel old but my body sure is telling me to take it easy...a little bit :)