my body isnt what it used to be! and i'm only 24!!!!

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I don't know who anyone on MTV is anymore.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start calling all kids "sir" and "ma'am" just to mess with them now.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    When I told someone I put a bathing suit on for the first time in 30 years, that made me feel old saying it out loud.

ETA my mom also used to talk about how she was going to save up for an eye lift. She's 73. She finally had it done 3 or 4 years ago. I tell my daughter the same thing when she's putting her eyeliner on. Don't pull too hard, you're going to break the tissue and get wrinkles!
  • mlpeep777
    mlpeep777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, I am going to be turning 33 next week and I still feel young. I have had 5 kids in 9 years and my body sure isn't what it used to be, but I feel great doing Insanity and eating healthy!
  • I don't know who anyone on MTV is anymore.

or you go to a store you used to shop at and you realize you have no cllue what the phrases on the shirts mean!
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 31...I've always been curvy but still had a nice waistline. After having my 2nd son, that all went away and my body went from an hourglass to a pear shape, along with a ton of fat in my waist that was never there beforehand. I joined roller derby thinking it'd be a sure fire way to lose weight- I did at first but eventually my metabolism adjusted and I started gaining. I gained 10lbs from "treating" myself after tough practices, snacking all day b/c I "deserved it" or was stressed. 165lbs at only 5'2" is considered obese. That was my wakeup call. That and not feeling comfortable in clothes anymore. I've been going strong on mfp since July 2012. Down 32lbs and I feel far younger than I did 5-10 years ago. Yes, derby is ridiculously tough on the body and there's times I feel 100 years old...but I feel alive when I'm out there on the track, doing something I would of never done when I was younger.
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    You are still so young, but do realize that we are women and these things do happen to us, its called life. Your body is changing, but for the better. Your body is getting ready for your child bearing years, and there is not much you can do about that. Be proud of your body and stop thinking that you look fat or like a piece of fruit. A lot of women look better as they get older and after kids. I am 35 with 2 kids and feel and look better then I did when I was 25. Women are the worst critics of body image, and its sad. As long as you are eating right and exercising, then your body is healthy. You can still make your "pear shape" look good and be comfortable with the right type of clothing. Think of this change as a good thing and not an enemy. Welcome to becoming a woman!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am 19. But I look older, mostly because of the weight gain. People usually guess that I'm about 23. I went from 120lbs to 258lbs in 3 1/2 yrs. And I also had to grow up fast. So even before when i was 16 and 120lbs I looked older then I was. Everyone is different. Just gotta try to keep urself healthy and eat right and that will help a lot. Because I've seen people who weighed 300lbs then go down to like 200lbs or less and its like years shed off them as well. Plus if You smoke and drink and work that also makes you look older and changes ur body as well.

P.s. I have lost 8lbs so far and I am already starting to look younger then I did 6 months ago. Just gotta keep at it!!! :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Is Nina Blackwood gone?
  • i just wanted to throw this out there too...i'm not super down on myself or self conscious...just making light of realizing i'm getting older :)

i eat right, exercise with cardio and weight 6+ days a week and look better now than i did on my wedding day 2 years ago. i've seen some replies that make it sound like i'm freaking out a little or unhappy and i just wanted to say that's not the case at all. that being said, i realize i posted this on the motivation and support page, but i didnt know where else to put it lol
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    LOL...I'm turning 48 at the end of June.

I started getting stray greys at 23. Gravity started kicking in at 29 (after my third child was born), but I managed to pull most of myself together through exercise then.

When I stopped getting carded for alcohol it was kind of a shocker. On those rare occasions where I am carded (the last time was two years ago, the night before my 46th birthday) I almost went across the counter and hugged the girl, LOL...

That whole ma'am-thing was a clue in, too, as was when my Mary Kay lady started recommending age fighting products. WTH?

When people on FB started talking about our 30th high school reunion, I was like, "No WAY! Are y'all sure you are counting right?" But, alas...2013 - 1983 = *sigh* 30 years. *smh*

The biggest one, tho, was when I went to get my eyes checked a few years ago and was told that I needed progressive lenses and then learned that this is simply a nice way of saying "lineless bifocals"? :noway:

On the bright side, losing weight, lifting weight, and drinking a boat load of water daily is turning some of that around. I have TONS more energy than I did in my 20's.

I'm thankful for hair dye and ROC with retinol, too, LOL...

Even with all the stuff that heads south, the fine lines, gray hair, etc. I am still thankful for all of it because it sure does beat the alternative.

ETA: My "baby" boy turned 18 in September, my middle one turns 21 in June, and my oldest will be *ahem* 28 in three weeks. I don't think I can pass them off as brothers or the kids I am babysitting anymore. :bigsmile:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just turned 24, and I've found that with weight training my body is in the best shape it's ever been in.

My skin however is a different story...it's always ashy and itchy, so I have to hydrate like crazy nowadays. I found a major culprit to be all of the chemicals found in beauty supplies. Check out www.ewg.org to see if your every day beauty products could be the issue for your skin. I'm basically moisturizing with pure almond oil and homemade lotions/soaps/shampoos etc now.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8352/5-simple-beauty-products-you-can-make-from-coconut-oil.html <
    this article has some really cool stuff you can make at home :)

Thanks for sharing -- I've been using all of these methods but the make up remover tip. Will start doing that now :)
  • juliemouse83
    Options

Is Nina Blackwood gone?

:laugh: :love: ^^THIS^^
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on aging -

when I was 24, I thought 54 was ancient. Now at 54, I can look in the mirror, acknowledge that I've aged, and shrug it off. Honestly...I never thought I'd still feel this young and be able to work out at the level I do! Age is a state of mind!

Thoughts on anti-aging -

workout!
    eat healthy food
    drink water water water
    USE SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY - RAIN OR SHINE, WINTER OR SUMMER
    don't smoke
    don't abuse alcohol :wink:
    manage stress - avoid being a drama mama train wreck!
    never miss the opportunity to have dessert
    don't wallow in negativity
    and......lastly WORKOUT. Oh did I say that already. Well it's really frigging important!!! You rest, you rust!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    so i was just wondering when you started realizing you were not as young as you used to be.

i'm only 24 and i have been noticing this since i turned 23. the first thing i noticed were my eyes...how i have to be careful not to tug on them to put my eyeliner on becuase they're looser than they used to be...i think of my mother and her constant talk of eye lifts when i put my makeup on :noway:

aside from that i also noticed my body and the way i carry my weight now. i've always had an hourglass figure, and i still kinda do as long as whatever i'm wearing is loose in the tummy area to hide that but tight enough show off my waist. but i've noticed my shape isnt as defined as it used to be. last night i was looking in the mirror and realized that, while my waist is still there, it is NOT as small as it used to be, even when i was the same weight.

i'm glad i started eating right and exercising now, instead of dealing with all of this later. I've come to the conclusion that unless i keep staying dedicated to working out and eating properly, my hourglass will turn into a pear and i dont want to be shaped like that! no offense to anyone who has a pear shape, but given that ive had 24 years of being an hourglass, a pear shape is not something i'm used to dressing for or confident with. its a heck of a thing to walk around and then BAM! one day you realize you're starting to look like a fruit...and you know it's not because "you are what you eat"

what's your stories about when you realized you were getting older and what made you start noticing it? i bet some of you have some really good stories :tongue:

you should get started on your AARP application now. lots of benefits.

http://www.aarp.org/

also, check out these deals for the early bird and 2-for-1 dinner specials in your area.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

• Thanks for sharing -- I've been using all of these methods but the make up remover tip. Will start doing that now :)

that's what im going to start doing too! should be a nice money saver!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The skin thing I understand but the change in your body shape isn't from aging it's from diet/activity issues.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Thoughts on aging -

when I was 24, I thought 54 was ancient. Now at 54, I can look in the mirror, acknowledge that I've aged, and shrug it off. Honestly...I never thought I'd still feel this young and be able to work out at the level I do! Age is a state of mind!

Thoughts on anti-aging -

workout!
    eat healthy food
    drink water water water
    USE SUNSCREEN EVERYDAY - RAIN OR SHINE, WINTER OR SUMMER
    don't smoke
    don't abuse alcohol :wink:
    manage stress - avoid being a drama mama train wreck!
    never miss the opportunity to have dessert
    don't wallow in negativity
    and......lastly WORKOUT. Oh did I say that already. Well it's really frigging important!!! You rest, you rust!

:love: THIS is awesome!!!! And if that is you in your picture? You make 54 look absolutely gorgeous!!!!

• you should get started on your AARP application now. lots of benefits.

http://www.aarp.org/

also, check out these deals for the early bird and 2-for-1 dinner specials in your area.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

funny thing! i have a medical condition that prevents me from being able to eat a lot because of my digestion, and beause of that i am allowed to order off the seniors menu to get less expensive meals. i have a card and everything :laugh:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I noticed about age 23 too...especially recently. I have always been large, but my hair is thinning out. I also notice that when I fall on ice - it hurts. When i was a young person, i could dive into a puddle and land face first and I would be alright. My knees are also brutal.

Being old sucks...good thing we just die eventually.

Im 24 right now.