Replies

• FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    lol this thread ressurected
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ok, so let's get this straight. This is in a gym. It "encourages" people to stay fat. What the what? From a business standpoint- that would be the dumbest thing ever. From a human standpoint- the majority of people will see this and think "hey, thanks! I feel better about myself" not "oh hey yeah I can stay fat forever!" That may be the dumbest assumption I've ever heard. Chances are, people in the gym are focusing on losing weight (or gaining weight). The scale is what defines that success (the weight part). Someone weighs themselves, sees a number they don't like, and they get bummed out. This sign is to decrease that. Not to tell people "Oh, hey, this number doesn't matter so cancel your membership and sit on the couch."

Also, it's not just fat people that obsess over their weight.

What made you decide to bump this thread?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Ok, so let's get this straight. This is in a gym. It "encourages" people to stay fat. What the what? From a business standpoint- that would be the dumbest thing ever. From a human standpoint- the majority of people will see this and think "hey, thanks! I feel better about myself" not "oh hey yeah I can stay fat forever!" That may be the dumbest assumption I've ever heard. Chances are, people in the gym are focusing on losing weight (or gaining weight). The scale is what defines that success (the weight part). Someone weighs themselves, sees a number they don't like, and they get bummed out. This sign is to decrease that. Not to tell people "Oh, hey, this number doesn't matter so cancel your membership and sit on the couch."

Also, it's not just fat people that obsess over their weight.

What made you decide to bump this thread?

For some reason it came up on my little side thread thingy... i didn't really look at the dates while I was reading the responses... oops
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt161/brankel1/brankel1 Fantasy/WhiteUnicorn-1.gif[/img]

This Unicorns name is "Snowflake" Please do not feed her.
    She only eats "Snowflake Berries"
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Male_gorilla_in_SF_zoo.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    bc8c3d776aaa02158370363eba64d409.jpg