Pregnancy 2010 - May

Options

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Woohoo...So glad I found this....
    We are not ttc just yet. I have another 80lb to go. With my daughter , Iended up getting a csection. Next time I want to be healthy and in shape, bc I am going for a VBAC:).....

Anywho. My name is Tamra. I am 25. Irelynn is 16 months old....

For a son we are thinking Greyson..for a girl Celia...

But nothing is set in stone...We change our minds all the time lol
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. My husband and I are not TTC just yet. I want to get down to 150 pounds before we do, I'm hoping by Christmas I'll be there --- 22.5 down, 31.5 to go!!! :bigsmile:

Girl: we like Kathryn Marisonia

Boy: still undecided, all we know is the middle name will be Maurice (my dads name). My husband is under the impression that we're passing his name down - but I refuse to name my son Castor the 4th.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ron and yankee!

Weigh in is tomorrow - so please feel free to join us!

Ron - I think you and are in a similiar place. We are planning to start trying at Christmas. And I can't wait!!

Oh - did anyone go see The Back-Up plan yet???? It's hilarious! So much better than I thought it would be. And so gross! In a funny way though!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well I have 1 month before we start trying for a baby. We are actuall waiting due to insurance policy. I'm trying so hard to lose about 10 lbs before I get pregnant.

Baby Girl : Brilee
    Baby Boy : Malachai - Kai for short
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey Caymarks! It looks like you'll be able to make it! Well done so far!

I have to ask - how does insurance affect it?
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just had to let you guys know about my last 24 hours. I had some serious revelations!

Yesterday I hit the 180's. Its the first time in 4 years that I have seen myself in the 80's. To celebrate my accomplishment, I took myself to Panera Bread, had soup, mac n' cheese (The You Pick Two thing) a piece of french bread, butter, and a coke (haven't had soda since 1/1/10). I ate more calories at dinner than I should have had all day. I also didn't go to the gym, as I went out to eat instead. I felt SO nasty afterword. I thought I was going to get sick.

I was talking to my husband last night, explaining why I didn't feel good, and all of a sudden, a lightbulb went on. I use food to reward myself. To reward myself for good things, for bad days, for everything. It started when I was little, and if I was good at the doctor, or got an A on a test, my parents would take me out to dinner. So, to reward myself for loosing weight, I stuffed myself so full I thought I would throw up:cry: I determined I need to be more aware, and to celebrate accomplishments in a different way.

I also was super bumed because after loosing almost 20lbs, not a single person has noticed. A few people I have mentioned it to, look me up and down, and frown, like they think I am lying. This morning I was in the kitchen at work, and this lady said "I don't want to embarass you, but what ever you are doing, you look great. I didn't even know who you were when you walked in here". It made me realize that probably a lot of people notice, but aren't sure how to complement you on it. So if you guys are feeling like no one has noticed, maybe they have, and just don't know how to tell you how GREAT you look!

Have a good Tuesday.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So this baby decided to grow a bit this week....I gained 4.5 lbs in a week?!?! I'm sure eating our for 5 days straight did not help so I'm glad to be back home and back to the weekly routine of eating at home and working out.

But holy crap! Hopefully things will even out in the next week so I'm not up a ton for my doc appointment!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey Caymarks! It looks like you'll be able to make it! Well done so far!

I have to ask - how does insurance affect it?

I failed to get maturnity insurance until after I was married. I got it in Feb. You have to have it a year before delivering. Therefore I have to wait and make sure I give myself plenty of time because if I deliver before the 1 year mark I will have to pay for the whole birth myself.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have been absent from MFP for a couple weeks and I have not been logging my food on a daily basis. Losing someone so special is so tough...i feel like there will be a hole in my heart forever, I find hope in our plans to TTC. I hope to be back on MFP from now on, I know my grandpa would have wanted me to continue in my healthy lifestyle. Thanks for listening....
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi! I hope I can join. I guess I would fall under the #1 Trying to loose weight before TTC.

We just had a baby in January and I want to get down to under 200 (180 ideally) before we TTC again for baby #2. I'm hoping to do this by sometime next year (I would like our babies close in age). I would love to be pregnant and actually LOOK pregnant, KWIM?
  • Fawkes
    Options
    This is such a cool idea. My husband and I would like to start TTC around the end of the year.
    Not sure if you've already discussed this in a previous post, but for those to started this year and conceived, how long did it take?
    I know it's different for everyone, but just curious.
    If you've already discussed this, if you could just the post the link that'd be great!

It took us 10 months to concieve our daughter using BBT charting along with OPKs, and checking my cervix.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    So this baby decided to grow a bit this week....I gained 4.5 lbs in a week?!?! I'm sure eating our for 5 days straight did not help so I'm glad to be back home and back to the weekly routine of eating at home and working out.

But holy crap! Hopefully things will even out in the next week so I'm not up a ton for my doc appointment!

Eating out is so fattening and its hard to know what to order but its good to have fun. You may come down once you get back on your normal routine I know that I yo-yo between 3lbs gain after a good weekend of eating out. How much did you gain in first trimester? I want to only gain 25 lbs at the most, since had worked so hard to loose its tough to be going in the other direction.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!
  • Fawkes
    Options
    Lots and lots of protien! I was starving in my second and third tri. I ate frequently. I would eat boiled eggs, cheese, meat, and other things that were high in protien and fiber. I tried my best to stay away from sweets! I also had GD so I had numbers to account for and I couldn't really cheat.

For me I barely gained anything in my first and second try, but in the third tri I swear I put on like 25 pounds. I think it was mostly water weight though.

Try not to focus so much on the weight you gain but on what you're eating so you're giving your LOs what it needs to be healthy and to grow.

I was able to drop all the weight I gained, plus 10 additional pounds (I think I lost weight during the pregnancy and then gained mostly weight in baby and water).
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

Eating out is so fattening and its hard to know what to order but its good to have fun. You may come down once you get back on your normal routine I know that I yo-yo between 3lbs gain after a good weekend of eating out. How much did you gain in first trimester? I want to only gain 25 lbs at the most, since had worked so hard to loose its tough to be going in the other direction.

I'm hoping your right! Since then I've been really tracking my food and sodium so we'll see next week. I've only gained the 4.5 lbs since my last doc appt so even if I didn't loose a bit of it, it still stays in line with the 5 lbs a month that my doc told me was ok.

I gained 5lbs in my first trimester.
    I have 3 weeks left in my second tri and I've gained 14 lbs (including the crazy 4.5lb gain). So I'm expecting to be down 1.5 by next Tuesday once my body gets back to normal. Trying not to gain more than 14 in the second and hold steady for the next 3 weeks.

If I can stay around a 26-28 lb gain - I'd be happy. :)
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm having a hard time imaging I'm only going to gain 20-25 pounds this pregnancy. I'm hungy so often and am craving the not-so-good stuff. *sigh. I've only technically gained 5 pounds in my first 5 months, but that's because I lost 6 pounds my first trimester so I gained 11 pounds in like 6 weeks! AUGH! What type of foods do/did people eat at this stage to keep you full and keep you from blowing up?!

I remember being starving my first trimester, so I'd eat a lot of snacks. Fruit, cheese sticks, etc. I didn't have much of a craving for stuff, but I did want the bad stuff often. I told myself that if I ate that now, I'd have to work it off later. LOL. So I stuck with my crappy healthy food for the most part and ate junk just sometimes.

My appetite has really changed in the last few months. I'm not super hungry at all now. It's actually hard to eat the calories I'm supposed to. I have to remind myself to eat....which is probably due to me being so fricken busy.

Are you staying active? I know some women can, but some can't...I'm sure that has helped me as well.
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey all! It's weigh-in day today!

I haven't changed at all this week, which I'm good with.

I had a super-wonderful Valentine's Day-in-May on Saturday with my fiancé - he made me pancakes and bacon for breakfast, then we went on tour of our own city, then when we got back it was romantic movie of my choice and fresh bread from thebreadmaker (with olvie oil to dip). THEN I had a nap, got up and went to Opa! for dinner, then to the theatre to see the Peter Pan productions (I am so spoiled, I love him!).

Add all that in with the amount of food I ate last night (diary is open) and the fact that it's my TOM, I'm pleased with being where I was last week.

Other updates - I met with my trainer on Monday, and 30 minutes into hesession I started throwing up - all because of my stupid TOM (my first day is always hell). So I'm back with her tomorrow.

Does anyone work out first thing in themorning? I've set my schedule so I'm a the gym at 5:45 every morning now, so I can't excuse my way out of it, or get too busy later on. My trainer also told me that if I can, not to eat before I come so my metabolism gets kick-started.... I'm not sure if I believe that. Thoughts?
  • jalara
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: WEEKLY CHALLENGE :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Drugs or natural birth? Epi, Spinal, Hypnosis, music, etc.... What are your plans? No judemental posts in this forum please!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I just had to let you guys know about my last 24 hours. I had some serious revelations!

Yesterday I hit the 180's. Its the first time in 4 years that I have seen myself in the 80's. To celebrate my accomplishment, I took myself to Panera Bread, had soup, mac n' cheese (The You Pick Two thing) a piece of french bread, butter, and a coke (haven't had soda since 1/1/10). I ate more calories at dinner than I should have had all day. I also didn't go to the gym, as I went out to eat instead. I felt SO nasty afterword. I thought I was going to get sick.

I was talking to my husband last night, explaining why I didn't feel good, and all of a sudden, a lightbulb went on. I use food to reward myself. To reward myself for good things, for bad days, for everything. It started when I was little, and if I was good at the doctor, or got an A on a test, my parents would take me out to dinner. So, to reward myself for loosing weight, I stuffed myself so full I thought I would throw up:cry: I determined I need to be more aware, and to celebrate accomplishments in a different way.

I also was super bumed because after loosing almost 20lbs, not a single person has noticed. A few people I have mentioned it to, look me up and down, and frown, like they think I am lying. This morning I was in the kitchen at work, and this lady said "I don't want to embarass you, but what ever you are doing, you look great. I didn't even know who you were when you walked in here". It made me realize that probably a lot of people notice, but aren't sure how to complement you on it. So if you guys are feeling like no one has noticed, maybe they have, and just don't know how to tell you how GREAT you look!

Have a good Tuesday.

I'm totally there with you. It seems like the best reward somehow always ends up being food.
    Not trying to pass judgement here, but maybe you could still reward yourself with food, but make it yourself, or pack a healthy picnic for you and the hubby...candle lights, healthy food, could lead to some excersice. :wink:

As for the challenge, all my girlfriends with kids tell me an Epi is your best friend, but I haven't decided yet.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 178 this morning some of this weight loss has been due to grief as I have mentioned in a previous post. So, I'm not sure if it will stay off. I've only gained bk 2lbs since i've started eating regularly again.

As for the challenge question: I would prefer to have a natural birth with music but i am told that's not what happens within the last few centimeters. This is going to be my first pregnancy so......i guess I'll just have to see how things go. Our TTC month is coming up fast just two more months......i know August will be here before I know it.