Pregnancy 2010 - May

Options

Replies

• cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Challenge Question Response:

We wanted to know, but babies don't always cooperate on ultrasound day. I only wanted to know if they were sure...no guessing to appease us! I kind of thought this one was a boy, but they are telling us it's a girl. I think it's great to be surprised, but I wouldn't be able to go that long without knowing.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    We found out so I could paint the room appropriate colors. LOL I guess that is the designer in me :laugh: I think I would have cried either way....it's an emotional moment. We only told our parents and siblings what the sex was and then at our showers we are going to let the secret out. It was hard to register for neutral stuff....so if I registered for something pink, I got the same thing in blue....just to throw people off.

Welcome to everyone - this is a great group of women. :wink:

I'm off to Zumbapalloza tonight - it's 2 hours of Zumba. I know, I know - I'll take a break if needed. But the lovely lady who made the comment to me a few weeks ago is going to be there and she already told me that she's going to bring a thread and scissors just "incase" I go into labor. I guess you don't see many preggers people getting down with Zumba. :laugh:
    Have a great weekend everyone! I get to work on my first shower invites on Sunday.....YEAH!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone....well yesterday is the first day I logged evrything and boy know wonder I'm gaining so fast HELLO!!

Well I'm glad to say if anyone has problems with Nausia my dr said to take vitamin b-6 75mg a day and let me tell is starting to work WAHOO!!!

We are def finding out honestly if I could find out today I would I have 2 girls and 1 boy so we are hoping for a boy but really either way I dont care I just want to know so I can BUY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what you think of my names so far!!

My kids names already are Lacie Makay 11, Lucas Mcqueen (after steve mcqueen) 5 and Liberty Mckell she is 3~!

If its a boy Lawson Mckade a girl London Mckenzie my oldest HATES HATES lawson but so far its the only boy name me and DH agree on!!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm off to Zumbapalloza tonight - it's 2 hours of Zumba. I know, I know - I'll take a break if needed. But the lovely lady who made the comment to me a few weeks ago is going to be there and she already told me that she's going to bring a thread and scissors just "incase" I go into labor. I guess you don't see many preggers people getting down with Zumba. :laugh:
    Have a great weekend everyone! I get to work on my first shower invites on Sunday.....YEAH!

:laugh: :laugh:
    I'm sure you are fun to watch.

I guess I should answer my own challenge question....

tahmed - I totally agree with you. I like to plan things out, so it would kill me not knowing, but I really want my first born to be a boy, I'll still love a girl the same way, but I always wanted an older brother, instead of the younger one I have, so he can protect me and advice me. So, I now want my little girl to have that.
    I guess sometimes you just leave things up to chance.
    I'll let you know what I decide when I get pregnant.
  • paldal
    Options
    My kids names already are Lacie Makay 11, Lucas Mcqueen (after steve mcqueen) 5 and Liberty Mckell she is 3~!

If its a boy Lawson Mckade a girl London Mckenzie my oldest HATES HATES lawson but so far its the only boy name me and DH agree on!!

great names! very unique!
    how about Lance if it's a boy? Not trying to change your mind, but it kinda rhymes with your kids names.
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Paldal.....Actually I love Lance! Its my DH middle name but unfortunatley HE HATES IT!! I wanted to name Lucas, lance but he wouldn't go for it but dont think i wont try again!!! LOL
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

tahmed - I totally agree with you. I like to plan things out, so it would kill me not knowing, but I really want my first born to be a boy, I'll still love a girl the same way, but I always wanted an older brother, instead of the younger one I have, so he can protect me and advice me. So, I now want my little girl to have that.

HA! I'm bet I'm a hoot to watch. My instructor told me a few weeks ago that she loves to see my belly bounce. It was pretty funny.

I felt the same way about having a boy first. I'm the oldest and I have 2 younger brothers (always thought it would be cool to have an older brother). At the stage we are at now (me being 28, them 23 and 21) I find myself looking out for them...being the "other" mom in their life. I'm a coupon cutting queen so I load up on food and stuff for them on a regular basis that I basically get for free (or pretty darn close). They are both in college, so I try to help them out as much as possible. Plus, I think being a girl, I'm more of the planner. So I make the plans to get all of us together, make sure they remember important birthday's, etc.....so in the end it just depends on the personality - IMO.

I'm having a girl....but I didn't really mind what we ended up with either way to be honest. Like I said before I cried (happy cry) and would have even if they told me it was a monkey. :laugh:

BTW - We are naming our baby girl Alexis Marie. :) But keeping that a secret until she decides to maker her debut.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Its been a while since I have posted.
    Welcome to the new comers! I love hearing everyone's stories and progress. This is a great bunch of women.

ShoppingQueen- Way to go on doing that much Zumba! I love my Zumba workouts!

I have been weighing in on Fridays (they just work better). Today -.4 lbs! It's a little loss but I'll talk it! 7.2 so far since March, 15.8 lbs total since Janurary (8.6 lbs before MFP).
    Start Weight: 160.4
    Last Weight: 153.6
    Current Weight: 153.2
    Goal: 149 (healthy BMI)
    Then it TTC time!

My answer to challenge question....
    I am a planner as well! I would like to know to be completely prepared. Especially with it being our first! I would be fine either way, but I would love to have a boy first. Then a girl, so she can have a "big brother." But who knows! My DH really wants a boy...
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

HA! I'm bet I'm a hoot to watch. My instructor told me a few weeks ago that she loves to see my belly bounce. It was pretty funny.

I felt the same way about having a boy first. I'm the oldest and I have 2 younger brothers (always thought it would be cool to have an older brother). At the stage we are at now (me being 28, them 23 and 21) I find myself looking out for them...being the "other" mom in their life. I'm a coupon cutting queen so I load up on food and stuff for them on a regular basis that I basically get for free (or pretty darn close). They are both in college, so I try to help them out as much as possible. Plus, I think being a girl, I'm more of the planner. So I make the plans to get all of us together, make sure they remember important birthday's, etc.....so in the end it just depends on the personality - IMO.

I'm having a girl....but I didn't really mind what we ended up with either way to be honest. Like I said before I cried (happy cry) and would have even if they told me it was a monkey. :laugh:

BTW - We are naming our baby girl Alexis Marie. :) But keeping that a secret until she decides to maker her debut.

YAY you posted a belly shot! :-D I love the name Alexis Marie, it's beautiful!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Boo!

So I didn't make it to the gym yesterday morning or this morning, so I asked F to meet me at the gym with my gym gear after work and I'd fit in a aquick workout before I came home to finish a research presentation due at midnight. He was so proud of me, and I was proud of me, that I was going to make it there (and I was sick all night last nigh too).... and whiel I was getting changed... no sneakers.

So he's there, and I'm home, and don't have time to go back, workout THEN come home and make supper and finish my presentation.

Crap.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Paldal-Great Challenge question

I would have to agree with the other ladies here I am a planner and I would have to know what it was so I could get the nursery all set up. But I agree that sometimes they wont cooperate I hope mine does when the time comes my mom wants to fly in for a weekend just for that appointment:laugh: I cant deny her that she has been waiting for so long. My DH would love a boy and I am not really leaning one way or the other. Although like a lot of you girls I would love to have a boy first to be the protector. Have a great week everyone.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope you're all having a FAB Friday!

I love surprises! So, I would like to wait until the baby comes to find out the sex of the baby. I don't mind either way male or female for my first just as long as he/she is healthy.
    I also would prefer having one large baby shower until the baby arrives so that way everyone that attends can see baby and celebrate his or her arrival. :)

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have an question, I would love all your opinions:

I haven't seen my parents in 4 months. We are going to see them this weekend, and I am really excited to see if they notice a "change" in me, since I am about 20 lbs lighter. My DH said I shouldn't get excited, since it is harder to notice if you haven't seen someone in a long time (I guess he thinks you forget how a person looked after 4 months). I feel like you notice it more when you dont see them for a long while. What do you guys think, do you notice weight loss in people more when you see them everyday, or when you don't see them for a while?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I haven't seen my parents in 4 months. We are going to see them this weekend, and I am really excited to see if they notice a "change" in me, since I am about 20 lbs lighter. My DH said I shouldn't get excited, since it is harder to notice if you haven't seen someone in a long time (I guess he thinks you forget how a person looked after 4 months). I feel like you notice it more when you dont see them for a long while. What do you guys think, do you notice weight loss in people more when you see them everyday, or when you don't see them for a while?

I think when you see a person every day it takes longer to notice a weight change. It wasn't until I lost 20 that my co-workers started to notice, but my friends that I only see once or twice a month noticed once I lost about 10.
  • paldal
    Options
    I sorta agree with both you and your husband.
    It is easier to notice a change when you haven't seen the person for a while, because the mental picture is different than the physical.
    But, I would agree with your husband and say that you don't get your hopes up becasue parents are a different concept than friends.
    A lot of freinds ask if you've lost weight just because they see that you've been working out.
    But parents say, "Oh honey, you are always good looking to me." whether or not they see a difference.
    I'm sure everyone will notice that you are more confident after losing 20 lbs. So, even if they don't see the body changes, I hope they see that you are happier.
    Good luck!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I agree - if you don't see someone on a regular basis...you will notice it more than if you see them everyday. Either way be EXTREMELY proud of yourself! That's a lot of weight - go to the gym and lift 20lbs!! YEAH for you!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Just wanted to say HI!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I agree I bet they will notice but dont get your hopes up parents sometimes are different LOL!

I'm still tired and still naucious the b6 is def helping so hopefully the next few weeks will bring much needed relief!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I took a home test this morning because I'm a little over a week late - I'm NEVER late. I can predict almost to the hour when I'm going to get my period.

Well, the test was negative. And in my head I know I should take this as good new. We don't want to start TTC until Christmas. I want to get to my goal weight first to make sure my pregnancy will be healthy, and we both want more "us" time. But there was a small part of me - okay a BIG part of me that really, really, really wanted that second blue line to be there. When it didn't show up, I started to cry!! :cry: My husband sees me crying and assumes it's because the test was positive. So he starts to say all these wonderful things about how I'm going to be a great mom and that he loves me and a baby is a blessing -- which of course makes my cry more. Then I felt like an idiot because there are women who are trying for years and can't get pregnant - and here I am, actively preventing and I'm getting upset that I'm not. What's wrong with me?????:huh:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    FI and are thinking of getting pregnant next month. I'll keep you posted.

It's been a loooong long weekend.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Jalara - How exciting, maybe you and I will be on the same Baby schedule, as we are starting next month too.

ron- I know how you feel. We had a situation like that last year. I was late, so I took a test, and was all upset when it was negative, even though the time wasn't right. I don't know why I was so let down, but I still was. Know that your time will come, very soon!