Why do people say men and women can't be platonic friends?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Because of boobs. Lol, kidding. Not sure why some say that, it's untrue.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    For the ladies here...ANY ONE of your male "friends" would, if you asked them to, sleep with you. Its true. Its just how it is.

Not true. I have several people I can think of that either due to personality or lack of physical attractiveness, I wouldn't sleep with. Now, when I was 19... totally different story. Oh I would claim platonic desires, but secretly wanted to bang anything I could. I think it goes away with age or something.

I think you want to bang me, but that's not a secret.

Well, that is a given, but I wouldn't call what we have a platonic relationship. It's....messy
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    For the ladies here...ANY ONE of your male "friends" would, if you asked them to, sleep with you. Its true. Its just how it is.

Not true. I have several people I can think of that either due to personality or lack of physical attractiveness, I wouldn't sleep with. Now, when I was 19... totally different story. Oh I would claim platonic desires, but secretly wanted to bang anything I could. I think it goes away with age or something.

I think you want to bang me, but that's not a secret.

Well, that is a given, but I wouldn't call what we have a platonic relationship. It's....messy

I told you walk the dog morning, noon, and night so that wouldn't happen.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This thread is slightly ridiculous. Of course men and women can be friends without being intimate......It's obviously easier if one of them is ugly......but possible regardless of the circumstances.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    They can, actually. /end thread
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This thread is slightly ridiculous. Of course men and women can be friends without being intimate......It's obviously easier if one of them is ugly......but possible regardless of the circumstances.

I really didn't expect my post to get quite so much attention. But I agree with this statement. Any way to reduce sexual desires would make it a lot easier to maintain a platonic friendship. But it absolutely is possible.