Why do people say men and women can't be platonic friends?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    One last thing...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEA!!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Once again....WAY off topic!

Wait, are you a mod? Or just the "Topic Police"? What is so wrong with having a discussion that takes on different directions? The original question can mean different things to different people. Chill. It'll be okay.
    IT'S NOT ALLOWED.

Where's that 'Happy Birthday, Lea" meme when I need it...

Here ya go, doll.

*kitten*. Wrong Lea meme.

Ah, here we go..

pp2Bitd.jpg?2
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    We are surrounded in a natural eco-system that breathes sex. As the creator said, go forth and multiply. This notion pexplexes the athiests. Men and women are meant to be together, but once together, true to each other. Sex is the bond, the love, the trust. Sure men and women can be friends, but we are driven to love, go on, and have kids. Nothing wrong with that at all. Gay folks the same, the need for trust and bonding. So who wants to fight me on this...putim up :laugh:

I don't want kids - where does that put me on your "we are driven" theory?

I think that puts you in the 4.57% of people that are not placed into the "Driven to procreate by God" category.

I think... But I have to double check the research.

Does that mean the Devil created me? :devil: :laugh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Women are, hands down, God's most precious and beautiful creation which is why they deserve only the best we (Guys) have to offer and I think THAT might be a big part of it. Just as it is so easy to fall in love with a beautiful sunset, a snow storm in the rocky mountains, the sound of the waves hitting the beach or a sleek Astin (Hey! Did you think a guy really wasn't going to mention a car?!) anyway, an object as beautiful as the human female is near impossible to not be completely captivated with thus making it very difficult not to fall in love.
    "An object as beautiful as the human female"? Just like a sleek car huh, just gotta have it..
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Women are, hands down, God's most precious and beautiful creation which is why they deserve only the best we (Guys) have to offer and I think THAT might be a big part of it. Just as it is so easy to fall in love with a beautiful sunset, a snow storm in the rocky mountains, the sound of the waves hitting the beach or a sleek Astin (Hey! Did you think a guy really wasn't going to mention a car?!) anyway, an object as beautiful as the human female is near impossible to not be completely captivated with thus making it very difficult not to fall in love.

Wait! I thought women were artifacts to be collected and hung next to the Mona Lisa. These forums confuse me.:huh:
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once again....WAY off topic!

Wait, are you a mod? Or just the "Topic Police"? What is so wrong with having a discussion that takes on different directions? The original question can mean different things to different people. Chill. It'll be okay.

LOL...yes...yes I am the topic police. Now, pay attention!!!!!:tongue:
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a married man whose wife is on this site, I can say with confidence that of course I don't want to bang any of my female friends, no matter how physically attractive they are.
    2edz0v5.jpg.gif

I see what you did there.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Lol. You'd be amazed at how many friend requests I get daily from people saying " I really liked what you said in this post." Most of those requests are women. I will freely admit that anyone who I accepted into my list, or in life, I was at least somewhat attracted to. Even with my understanding of this barbaric male reality, I still cannot fight it.

You didn't answer the question. Try again. Do you or do you NOT have female friends in real life?
    I will freely admit that anyone who I accepted into my list, ***or in life***, I was at least somewhat attracted to.

That means yes, dear.
    [/quote]

So, you're violating your own logic.

Direct quote from you:
    Why would you want a male friend who's behavior is OBVIOUSLY modified, because he is hiding his true intentions? That mans intentions will never be pure.

Why would those girls want you as a friend? You'd obviously never be a good friend to them since you're too busy with your "true intentions" of sleeping with them..
    [/quote]

Also it's totally okay for him to have female friends even if he wants to schtupp them. But if his wife does the same thing, BACK TO THE KITCHEN YOU HARLOT!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My best friend for the last 16 years is a guy. There has never been anything more than friendship between us, not even a kiss. And yes he's straight. :wink:
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options

Wait! I thought women were artifacts to be collected and hung next to the Mona Lisa. These forums confuse me.:huh:

Artifacts that you bring copious and increasingly expensive gifts to lay at our feet hoping that in our moments of weakness we will accept said offerings and love you for who you are :wink:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    If both are single, have nothing to lose then men and women will struggle being friends... if they are attracted to each other. If not, nothing clearly will happen, even if an attraction is felt one way.

If one or both are taken, then no they won't be anything more than that unless they are scum bags. They can be friends, even if an attraction is there.

But I'd say its fairly normal to be attracted to people, and friends are people. Wouldn't be much fun going out with someone who is not a friend?!
  • StevenKHubbard
    Options
    I've always fallen back to a cool little quote I found once...

“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever” ~ Dave Matthews

I know I've found a bit of truth there in many of my friendships with women. But maybe I'm just seeing something that others don't/won't see.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It's easy to say and doesn't require THAT much thinking.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    IT'S NOT ALLOWED.

Where's that 'Happy Birthday, Lea" meme when I need it...

Sorry I don't have a meme like that. Hopefully this will do. Happy birfday Lea!!!

(Who the hell is Lea?)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    pp2Bitd.jpg?2
    Her
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    pp2Bitd.jpg?2

Divisive topic is divisive.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    And what ARE you doing to that baby in your ticker?

jarethlooksattoby.jpg

I love that gif. Made my night.

What are we talking bout?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    pp2Bitd.jpg?2
    Her

:shrug:

Don't know her.

I guess I can still say Happy B-day.
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options

So, you're violating your own logic.

Direct quote from you:
    Why would you want a male friend who's behavior is OBVIOUSLY modified, because he is hiding his true intentions? That mans intentions will never be pure.

Why would those girls want you as a friend? You'd obviously never be a good friend to them since you're too busy with your "true intentions" of sleeping with them..

Again astute. Perhaps you finally understand, that I do not exclude myself from my statements. Perhaps a small difference is that, I freely admit and acknowledge this. Also most of my female friends I met from either them hitting on me, or me hitting on them.

So there is no pretense or "fakeness" to speak of. We met on terms of attraction so there is no secret.

I was more referring to those people(like yourself) who DENY that men can't be friends with women without desiring them. The denial is what creates the facade. The facade is what destroys the reality. Reality destroyed creates lies, and lies build the foundation of your friendship.

Yes?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have two extremely attractive chic friends. They know more personal stuff about me than anybody. I would never try to get it in with them, we just get crazy routie and chill together.