Why do people say men and women can't be platonic friends?

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am, however, very happy that at least 50% of the people here agree with the truth instead of what makes them feel good. I understand that it is an unpleasant thought to know that your male friends probably aren't your real friends. I ask you this. Why would you want a male friend who's behavior is OBVIOUSLY modified, because he is hiding his true intentions? That mans intentions will never be pure. That's why people call their friends their worst enemies, because they won't awaken to the reality.
    How the hell do you know what other people's intentions are? You don't. You don't know my male friends, or any of the friends of the ladies who posted on here.
    Not every man is out to sleep with every girl he meets.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Yes, It is possible to be acquaintances or "buddys" without having sex. But don't kid yourselves thinking that if you two were on a 2 week trip to Las Vegas and alcohol or some other 'factor' became involved, that in an overwhelming majority of cases feelings would either develop, or the male would most likely make a move on you, thus changing the "friendship"

This I don't agree with, I have male friends who I know not to drink a beer around because if opportunity knocks they will more than answer, but I also have some male friends who I can parade around naked, have an air traffic controller highlight the landing pattern and they would NEVER, NEVER think to cross that line. AND NO, THEY ARE NOT GAY... It's just that what we have is so much more...

So YES you can have platonic friends of the opposite sex and have it stay that way, it is just the individual that you have to look at, and when you take that into consideration you will realize that you have friends that are like an elevator key behind a glass wall, BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, then you have those friends that the thought never crosses your mind, even in your most drunken horny state, because what you have with that person is so so much more.
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Yeah--I think it's possible to just be friends w/ opposite sex. I have male friends that I definitely don't want to be more than friends with. I think it's more of BOTH people keeping it a platonic relationship. Like...if I have a male friend that would like to date me but i just want to be friends--it will still be platonic because one of us doesn't want it to go any further. I think it's less likely for both people to view the "friendship" as platonic, but not unheard of i'm sure.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Why are women trying to oppose male sexual instinct? It is natures way..Do you all you women out there think you are not going to `fall for a guy` and back to the OP thing if it is a platonic friend that declares his undying love fr you....you are not going to feel flattered?

Of course you will! Women love flattery and declarations of love and flowers and gifts and men play along and then eventually you realise that there is more and you want to work on the whole thing?

That sounds like a stalker talking to be honest. Eventually if I just keep buying her gifts and give her flattery etc she'll realise there is more and love me. :noway:

This is so true. We love it when you buy us things. Keep it up! It will make us realize how wonderful you are and we will love you always and forever. :flowerforyou:
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am, however, very happy that at least 50% of the people here agree with the truth instead of what makes them feel good. I understand that it is an unpleasant thought to know that your male friends probably aren't your real friends. I ask you this. Why would you want a male friend who's behavior is OBVIOUSLY modified, because he is hiding his true intentions? That mans intentions will never be pure. That's why people call their friends their worst enemies, because they won't awaken to the reality.

Once again....WAY off topic!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

So my question is, do you have any female friends? I'm guessing no, right? You don't have ANY AT ALL. Because you couldn't possibly offer them a genuine friendship by your own standards, correct?

This is my question.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    How the hell do you know what other people's intentions are? You don't. You don't know my male friends, or any of the friends of the ladies who posted on here.
    Not every man is out to sleep with every girl he meets.
    Only every guy I've ever met ever...
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options

So my question is, do you have any female friends? I'm guessing no, right? You don't have ANY AT ALL. Because you couldn't possibly offer them a genuine friendship by your own standards, correct?

Lol. You'd be amazed at how many friend requests I get daily from people saying " I really liked what you said in this post." Most of those requests are women. I will freely admit that anyone who I accepted into my list, or in life, I was at least somewhat attracted to. Even with my understanding of this barbaric male reality, I still cannot fight it.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I will say this, one of my best friends is a guy. I have known him since I was 14. It is and has always been 100% platonic. And it's not that I never found him attractive or vice versa...we were just friends. I dated guys, he dated girls...we kissed for the school play and that is it.

He's like my brother.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Watch "When Harry Met Sally" and then get back to me. Billy explains it all in detail quite eloquently.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options

Lol. You'd be amazed at how many friend requests I get daily from people saying " I really liked what you said in this post." Most of those requests are women.

But I hope you don't accept those requests. Because you can't help but want to **** them!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options

This is a very common delusion. Women simply don't understand the male mind. We do nothing for women without at least a 0.5% hope that sex will come of it.

There's just the one Male Mind, is there... ?

Its a collective with one goal

You cant stop it. Dont resist. We will be forced to tie you up

When?????
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I am, however, very happy that at least 50% of the people here agree with the truth instead of what makes them feel good. I understand that it is an unpleasant thought to know that your male friends probably aren't your real friends. I ask you this. Why would you want a male friend who's behavior is OBVIOUSLY modified, because he is hiding his true intentions? That mans intentions will never be pure. That's why people call their friends their worst enemies, because they won't awaken to basic truths.

You are making bad assumptions. Just because I want to screw somebody doesn't mean I can't be friends with them. You assume that because I would screw a given woman that my intention is to screw her. That is not correct. I appreciate friendship as an end in itself. If there's a woman I want very badly and my intent is romantical in nature and she's not diggin' it, then obviously that's not going to be a very good friendship, and I discontinue it.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Lol. You'd be amazed at how many friend requests I get daily from people saying " I really liked what you said in this post." Most of those requests are women.
    But I hope you don't accept those requests. Because you can't help but want to **** them!
    That is precisely why I cannot accept friend requests from anyone but family - I couldn't separate fitness support from excessive flirting. My inbox started filling with topless photos and my wife found them...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Lol. You'd be amazed at how many friend requests I get daily from people saying " I really liked what you said in this post." Most of those requests are women. I will freely admit that anyone who I accepted into my list, or in life, I was at least somewhat attracted to. Even with my understanding of this barbaric male reality, I still cannot fight it.

locked profile = unverifiable claims
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That is precisely why I cannot accept friend requests from anyone but family - I couldn't separate fitness support from excessive flirting.

LOL SO MUCH THIS. I'm here for fitness support. I don't have to worry about ****ing them.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    That is precisely why I cannot accept friend requests from anyone but family - I couldn't separate fitness support from excessive flirting. My inbox started filling with topless photos and my wife found them...

LOL SO MUCH THIS. I'm here for fitness support. I don't have to worry about ****ing them.

Except for all those women who request you. Poor ladies.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I wasn't going to respond to this because of the "Scientifically" and "prove" put together in a sentence.

I was going to say because we want to sex each other (or at least one wants to). I'm sure in the last 9 pages that this has been covered.

Never mind.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

You didn't answer the question. Try again. Do you or do you NOT have female friends in real life?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    We are surrounded in a natural eco-system that breathes sex. As the creator said, go forth and multiply. This notion pexplexes the athiests. Men and women are meant to be together, but once together, true to each other. Sex is the bond, the love, the trust. Sure men and women can be friends, but we are driven to love, go on, and have kids. Nothing wrong with that at all. Gay folks the same, the need for trust and bonding. So who wants to fight me on this...putim up :laugh: