Why do people say men and women can't be platonic friends?

Options

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Women are the ones who believe men and women can be just friends. They dont realize men cant do this. Its hard coded into men's brains to lust for women and mate. If a man tells you that he's fine with just being friends, its one of several reasons :

1) (95% of the time) he's a liar, like most of us guys do well. He's waiting for the right moment.
    2) he's a beta and hasn't the nerve or know how to chase you
    3) he's grossed out by the thought of you sexually.
    4) he knows better (I.e. job/boss complications, best friends sister, etc)

I disagree. Call me a beta if it makes you feel better, but it's actually pretty easy to be friends with somebody you want to have sex with. Just don't act on those impulses.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Because its true.

yep
  • dave033811
    Options
    People say it because its true.
    plain and simple.
    if you're friends - one side is attracted to the other, or both.

and ladies when u say "oh i have a friend and im not attracted to him, were only friends.."

he's attracted to you
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Let me state it quite clearly for all the females that think they have guy friends `every hole is a goal` doesn`t matter if you are slim/fat/tall/small/friends etc.

If you are available then you are on the menu!

Thanks for speaking for every man on the planet. I'm sure they appreciate your exemplary knowledge on the fact that "every hole is a goal."

For all the guys that have responded on this thread I think you will get at least a 75% response if not more?

I am not saying you can not get hearts and flowers from a guy but not one that is `just a friend`
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Nevermind.

I'm going to take my toys and play with the big boys.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Of course they can. ALL of my male friends are platonic friends. A number of them for at least forty years.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

This is a very common delusion. Women simply don't understand the male mind. We do nothing for women without at least a 0.5% hope that sex will come of it.

There's just the one Male Mind, is there... ?
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I can maintain platonic friendships with men that are single... until they start dating someone and SHE has a problem with our friendship. Multiple instances of this in my past have established a pattern. Uggh.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I could, however, steal the most attractive man's woman, by taking control of her emotions.

You're delusional.
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options

If platonic isn't platonic and love isn't love then the logical conclusion is that emotion isn't emotion, control isn't control, etc. :noway:

In your sarcasm, you actually made a very logical point.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

This is a very common delusion. Women simply don't understand the male mind. We do nothing for women without at least a 0.5% hope that sex will come of it.

Its a collective with one goal
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just because some ancients were superstitious and believed that our thoughts somehow condemned us, it doesn't mean they were"smarter than us". If anything, man has become more knowledgable about himself and his world.Besides, we're talking about the modern day definition of "platonic".

Wait....certainly you're not suggesting that Plato, Socrates and Aristotle were not smart, but merely superstitious! Just because you don't believe that doesn't make you superior and others "less smart".

I love it.

Again....this is a rabbit trail. The OP wasn't about what people believe. It wasn't about superstition. It wasn't about whether or not they "think" about sex. It wasn't about whether or not they believe that thinking about sex is sinful.

It was a simple question. Can men and women be friends without having sex? :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I could, however, steal the most attractive man's woman, by taking control of her emotions.

You're delusional.

^^ I second that.

And then I double dog dare you.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

You cant stop it. Dont resist. We will be forced to tie you up
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

You're delusional.

^^ I second that.

And then I double dog dare you.

Triple dog dare ya.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Women are the ones who believe men and women can be just friends. They dont realize men cant do this. Its hard coded into men's brains to lust for women and mate. If a man tells you that he's fine with just being friends, its one of several reasons :

1) (95% of the time) he's a liar, like most of us guys do well. He's waiting for the right moment.
    2) he's a beta and hasn't the nerve or know how to chase you
    3) he's grossed out by the thought of you sexually.
    4) he knows better (I.e. job/boss complications, best friends sister, etc)

Look at my video link. Also, scroll through and look at female vs male responses. Proof is in the pudding. Also-

dayum1.gif

In, to steal this gif. Thank you. :drinker:

Yeah, I'm just here to get me some of this gif too.

Carry on.

ETA: Well, I mean, ^that and tagging to catch up on seven pages of this thread.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    It depends on the people involved. If you don't act on it, then it's platonic. I don't care if you secretly want to bang me, just don't ruin an otherwise good friendship because you couldn't keep your d*ck in your pants.

My best friend decided to try to force himself on me when I was tipsy (not drunk) and really emotional due to a major occurrence that has forever changed my life. He couldn't keep it in his pants to be a friend so end of friendship.

In the end, I don't care what a guy's thoughts are. The actions are what counts.

Then you believe that the body is more powerful than the soul. Let me tell you something.... I am not the most attractive guy out there. I could, however, steal the most attractive man's woman, by taking control of her emotions. As could any man with the presence of mind to do it. The word platonic is not platonic. The word love isn't love. Do you know how many people use that word and have no clue of its meaning? Websters.com can only get you so far.

Seriously.png
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Then you believe that the body is more powerful than the soul. Let me tell you something.... I am not the most attractive guy out there. I could, however, steal the most attractive man's woman, by taking control of her emotions. As could any man with the presence of mind to do it. The word platonic is not platonic. The word love isn't love. Do you know how many people use that word and have no clue of its meaning? Websters.com can only get you so far.

mass-effect-coversator-lol.jpg

You're funny.

Keep talking.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

You cant stop it. Dont resist. We will be forced to tie you up

Isn't that part of the One Goal?
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I dunno I think platonic depends on the the group. I spent 5 years in the Army in an all male platoon, and was just one of the guys. I had to deal with all a ton of jokes, and constant sexual banter, and have endured enough "good game slaps on the *kitten*" and "titty twisters" to last a life time... but if anyone outside of our group even thought about harassing me they had another thing coming to them. So I guess I call BS on men and woman not being able to be just be friends.