Dr Oz 3 Day Detox

Options

Replies

• RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will never mention Dr Oz again... Lol.

Nor will I try his detox! Makes sense what you all said.

I used to eat mostly processed food and drink quite a bit, but I think I'll stick to just dieting if that will cleanse me as well.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As soon as you say "cleanse", "detox" or "Dr Oz" people here will tell you not to do it.

I'm not a doctor, but I don't see how this could hurt you. People have been doing various kinds of fasts for centuries without ill effect, and 3 days isn't long. This looks to me like a juice fast. The only thing I wouldn't both with are the drops, and maybe the supplements.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I will never mention Dr Oz again... Lol.

Nor will I try his detox! Makes sense what you all said.

I used to eat mostly processed food and drink quite a bit, but I think I'll stick to just dieting if that will cleanse me as well.

*HI FIVE* Cleanse the outside of the body. Let the inside handle itself :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I know everyone here is a hater, but I did this when I first started my weight loss journey and it was good for me. I think Dr oz is a quack as well, but there's nothing wrong with this, you got complete nutrition for the 3 days and enough calories (I think 1300). I was eating such crap and just feeling so gross, I needed to lose weight but I kept putting off starting the journey. So i did this for a mental jumpstart as well as a body one - just to eat super healthy and balanced for 3 days. I felt really good after and lost 4lbs - the next day I signed up for MFP and have been here for exactly 3 months since!

So its not a miracle or anything, but nothing wrong with it. And I didn't do the epsom baths, you don't really HAVE to do them.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I know everyone here is a hater, but I did this when I first started my weight loss journey and it was good for me. I think Dr oz is a quack as well, but there's nothing wrong with this, you got complete nutrition for the 3 days and enough calories (I think 1300). I was eating such crap and just feeling so gross, I needed to lose weight but I kept putting off starting the journey. So i did this for a mental jumpstart as well. I felt really good after and lost 4lbs - the next day I signed up for MFP and have been here for exactly 3 months since!

So its not a miracle or anything, but nothing wrong with it. And I didn't do the epsom baths, you don't really HAVE to do them.

Wait... What's his take on the Epsom bath? Seriously....
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    Dr. Oz figures being a surgeon wasn't enough money for him so he hawks stuff like detoxing. Just eat right and your body will cleanse itself. :)

This isn't anything you buy though...people are just having visceral reactions to this. You make these smoothies yourself with healthy items - veggies, fruit, healthy fats (avocado, coconut oil etc) and protein. I still make the smoothies sometimes just because they are good smoothie recipes. There is no gimmick to this.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options
    I know everyone here is a hater, but I did this when I first started my weight loss journey and it was good for me. I think Dr oz is a quack as well, but there's nothing wrong with this, you got complete nutrition for the 3 days and enough calories (I think 1300). I was eating such crap and just feeling so gross, I needed to lose weight but I kept putting off starting the journey. So i did this for a mental jumpstart as well. I felt really good after and lost 4lbs - the next day I signed up for MFP and have been here for exactly 3 months since!

I have no idea, but I just made the smoothies and had some green tea, didn't look into the baths.
  • JessicaNicoleSo
    Options
    Water has helped me detox! lots of water!!!
  • odusgolp
    Options

I have no idea, but I just made the smoothies and had some green tea, didn't look into the baths.

Interesting. I take them just b/c it helps my skin, but I've never heard of anything other than that so I was just curious.

Mmmm.... Lavendar Epsom bath how I love thee :)
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    As someone who's done it, I wouldn't really recommend it. Your body naturally cleanses things out so they really aren't necessary. I guess the "jump start" aspect of the name if regarding people who have been eating terribly and want to get healthier but if you've been eating well it doesn't really serve a purpose.
    As for the actual shakes, I could only properly drink the breakfast one. Lunch and Dinner had a really odd aftertaste to them and I still cringe when I think about them. Breakfast was enjoyable though. The shakes serve as laxatives which aren't very effective for permanent weightloss. I lost 3 pounds in waste within those three days, but gained it back as my GI track got back to normal.
    In short it's not enjoyable, sustainable, or necessary.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well I did the 3 day detox and it did work! I lost 7 lbs.. I believe it gave me a jump start to my weight loss. I have already lost 19 lbs. Everybody bodies are different so give it a try what is the worst thing that can happen?
  • RachaelStJ
    Options
    I know everyone here is a hater, but I did this when I first started my weight loss journey and it was good for me. I think Dr oz is a quack as well, but there's nothing wrong with this, you got complete nutrition for the 3 days and enough calories (I think 1300). I was eating such crap and just feeling so gross, I needed to lose weight but I kept putting off starting the journey. So i did this for a mental jumpstart as well as a body one - just to eat super healthy and balanced for 3 days. I felt really good after and lost 4lbs - the next day I signed up for MFP and have been here for exactly 3 months since!

Hmm, I think I may try it then. I've been doing some research. I know everybody here seems to hate Dr Oz and his cleanse, but I need something to mentally kickstart me as well, I don't care about the weight that fast. I've been working out and eating better, but I still feel groggy and gross. I just want all the nastiness out! :laugh:
  • RachaelStJ
    Options
    I think that the detox is a personal choice, and let's just all support each other on what is right for that person and their body. Isn't that why we are here??? :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think that the detox is a personal choice, and let's just all support each other on what is right for that person and their body. Isn't that why we are here??? :flowerforyou:

It is a personal choice but it's also ineffective at best and at worst damages the body. We'd be remiss if we did not bring that up. This is a board created for the share of information. That means giving the best and correct information as much as we can.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

keep-calm-and-eat-pop-tarts-1_zps03a0877e.png
  • RachaelStJ
    Options

It is a personal choice but it's also ineffective at best and at worst damages the body. We'd be remiss if we did not bring that up. This is a board created for the share of information. That means giving the best and correct information as much as we can.

Yes, but I think we can do it without making people feel like an idiot.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is an idiot. Your body doesn't need a detox. 3 days is also not enough time to change anything.
  • RachaelStJ
    Options
    And I give up.