• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Isn't that why we are here??? :flowerforyou:

Nope
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredibly discouraged by the amount of negativity on here. Who would have known that something as simple as wanting a jumpstart to eating right would be such an awful thing. Tsk tsk.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredibly discouraged by the amount of negativity on here. Who would have known that something as simple as wanting a jumpstart to eating right would be such an awful thing. Tsk tsk.
    detox does not equal eating right, that's where people have the problem.
    I think that the detox is a personal choice, and let's just all support each other on what is right for that person and their body. Isn't that why we are here??? :flowerforyou:
    Most people are here to support healthy choices, not detox cleanses.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Why "jumpstart" to eating right? Why not just eat right? Right now? Your body doesn't need a cleanse. It needs food. Good food. Right amounts of food. And it needs it NOW. Not in 3 days. Not in 10 days. NOW.

Putting off eating healthy is what got us fat to begin with. And you want to put it off even longer?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Why "jumpstart" to eating right? Why not just eat right? Right now? Your body doesn't need a cleanse. It needs food. Good food. Right amounts of food. And it needs it NOW. Not in 3 days. Not in 10 days. NOW.

Putting off eating healthy is what got us fat to begin with. And you want to put it off even longer?
    I think I love you.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I think I love you.

:love: Thank you! You are pretty awesome yourself. :love:
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    If I am going to take advice from a TV Doctor it is going to be Dr. Johnny Fever..........

http://www.twincities.com/ci_22297227/dr-oz-advice-irresponsible-and-borders-quackery-says
  • RachaelStJ
    Options

I think I love you.

For me personally, I can't just start eating right, or else I would have three years ago when I got fat. Doing a few days of something like a cleanse, completing it and saying "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

It's not a harmful detox. It's full of fresh fruit and veggies and has more than my recommended calorie intake daily.

Kudos to those who can wake up one day and change so easily. Please remember that people on here come here to feel better about themselves and for support - you can say what you want to say without belitting anybody. I'm sure you all would hope for the same, especially on day 3 of your journey.
  • kathsanz
    kathsanz Posts: 1
    Options
    I did it and lost 7 lbs and was never hungry. No complaints here. It is fun to change things up a little.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I can't just start eating right, or else I would have three years ago when I got fat. Doing a few days of something like a cleanse, completing it and saying "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

Why don't you try just eating right for 3 days and then say "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

The reason you are receiving such harsh criticism for this personal choice is that fad diets aren't sustainable long term and most of the people who you've spoken to have been down that route before and would've saved themselves plenty of time and money had they just created a reasonable deficit, ate a balanced diet, and exercised regularly from the get go.
  • jeanababy2
    Options
    thanks for asking about this I had questioned about doing a detox to but what everyone has said makes sense... I have been eating WAY healthier than what I was before and feel 100% better!!!! So it makes sense to me
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I saw this one show on HBO this one time that scared me away from anything named "Oz". My health has been great ever since.
    tumblr_mkjoekvGwe1sn3n9ao1_500.gif
    unashamed self-gif-laugh
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You know...In retrospect, I don't know which one Dr. Oz has more in common with, the film about a magical land where an innocent girl is duped by a charlatan when she could have helped her self all along, or the show about criminals, and just awful, awful things.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    You know...In retrospect, I don't know which one Dr. Oz has more in common with, the film about a magical land where an innocent girl is duped by a charlatan when she could have helped her self all along, or the show about criminals, and just awful, awful things.

It was probably those flying monkeys.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    All cleanses and detoxes are not necessarily going to hurt you, but really the benefit is just eating healthier and your body will cleanse all on it's own.

Actually some will - was discussing hospital admittance in this county yesterday with a nurse and she mentioned 4 ICUs entries this week due to a cleanse diet.

Caveat dietor.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try just eating right for 3 days and then say "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

The reason you are receiving such harsh criticism for this personal choice is that fad diets aren't sustainable long term and most of the people who you've spoken to have been down that route before and would've saved themselves plenty of time and money had they just created a reasonable deficit, ate a balanced diet, and exercised regularly from the get go.

Its not a fad diet, its 3 days of clean eating, doesn't take anymore time or money as you feed yourself normally since all you are doing is buying normal food. I really don't understand why people are up in arms about it. And different things work for different people - maybe just eating right for 3 days doesn't work for her. It didn't for me!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Its not a fad diet, its 3 days of clean eating, doesn't take anymore time or money as you feed yourself normally since all you are doing is buying normal food. I really don't understand why people are up in arms about it. And different things work for different people - maybe just eating right for 3 days doesn't work for her. It didn't for me!

You mean 3 days of drinking. So how exactly does 3 days of this detox set you up for a lifetime of better eating? If you can't get 3 days of "Clean" eating in how does doing this make that magically happen afterwards?

Please don't take this as a personal attack but you say you lost 7 pounds in 3 days and 18 total. That's 11 pounds in 6 months. Do you credit that to your cleanse?

Umm - actually I said I lost 4lbs during the cleanse, and I'm fully aware that is water weight, it did come back but that is not why I did it. And tomorrow will be exactly THREE months since I started on MFP and I've lost 18lbs. Sure sounds like a personal attack to me, what exactly is your point?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

I think I love you.

It's not a harmful detox. It's full of fresh fruit and veggies and has more than my recommended calorie intake daily.

Kudos to those who can wake up one day and change so easily. Please remember that people on here come here to feel better about themselves and for support - you can say what you want to say without belitting anybody. I'm sure you all would hope for the same, especially on day 3 of your journey.

So why did you bother asking peoples opinions of the detox?! Seriously - if you don't care to get honest opinions of others, THEN DONT ASK FOR THEM!!! look for common sense next time.
  • RachaelStJ
    Options

I think I love you.

So why did you bother asking peoples opinions of the detox?! Seriously - if you don't care to get honest opinions of others, THEN DONT ASK FOR THEM!!! look for common sense next time.

I asked about people's results on them. If people don't like them, I have NO problem with somebody saying why they wouldn't do a cleanse. Is it necessary to belittle people on here who choose to do a cleanse or detox while saying why you don't believe they will work?

Again, I have no problems with opinions, just shocked that people on a site dedicated to supporting each other would be rude about it.