Dr Oz 3 Day Detox

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredibly discouraged by the amount of negativity on here. Who would have known that something as simple as wanting a jumpstart to eating right would be such an awful thing. Tsk tsk.

Why "jumpstart" to eating right? Why not just eat right? Right now? Your body doesn't need a cleanse. It needs food. Good food. Right amounts of food. And it needs it NOW. Not in 3 days. Not in 10 days. NOW.

Putting off eating healthy is what got us fat to begin with. And you want to put it off even longer?
    I think I love you.

:love: Thank you! You are pretty awesome yourself. :love:

For me personally, I can't just start eating right, or else I would have three years ago when I got fat. Doing a few days of something like a cleanse, completing it and saying "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

It's not a harmful detox. It's full of fresh fruit and veggies and has more than my recommended calorie intake daily.

Kudos to those who can wake up one day and change so easily. Please remember that people on here come here to feel better about themselves and for support - you can say what you want to say without belitting anybody. I'm sure you all would hope for the same, especially on day 3 of your journey.

So why did you bother asking peoples opinions of the detox?! Seriously - if you don't care to get honest opinions of others, THEN DONT ASK FOR THEM!!! look for common sense next time.

I asked about people's results on them. If people don't like them, I have NO problem with somebody saying why they wouldn't do a cleanse. Is it necessary to belittle people on here who choose to do a cleanse or detox while saying why you don't believe they will work?

Again, I have no problems with opinions, just shocked that people on a site dedicated to supporting each other would be rude about it.
    You've been mentioning the belittling for pages, where did the messages begin? I don't really see any belittling you, just trying to inform you.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredibly discouraged by the amount of negativity on here. Who would have known that something as simple as wanting a jumpstart to eating right would be such an awful thing. Tsk tsk.

Why "jumpstart" to eating right? Why not just eat right? Right now? Your body doesn't need a cleanse. It needs food. Good food. Right amounts of food. And it needs it NOW. Not in 3 days. Not in 10 days. NOW.

Putting off eating healthy is what got us fat to begin with. And you want to put it off even longer?
    I think I love you.

:love: Thank you! You are pretty awesome yourself. :love:

For me personally, I can't just start eating right, or else I would have three years ago when I got fat. Doing a few days of something like a cleanse, completing it and saying "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

It's not a harmful detox. It's full of fresh fruit and veggies and has more than my recommended calorie intake daily.

Kudos to those who can wake up one day and change so easily. Please remember that people on here come here to feel better about themselves and for support - you can say what you want to say without belitting anybody. I'm sure you all would hope for the same, especially on day 3 of your journey.

So why did you bother asking peoples opinions of the detox?! Seriously - if you don't care to get honest opinions of others, THEN DONT ASK FOR THEM!!! look for common sense next time.

I asked about people's results on them. If people don't like them, I have NO problem with somebody saying why they wouldn't do a cleanse. Is it necessary to belittle people on here who choose to do a cleanse or detox while saying why you don't believe they will work?

Again, I have no problems with opinions, just shocked that people on a site dedicated to supporting each other would be rude about it.
    You've been mentioning the belittling for pages, where did the messages begin? I don't really see any belittling you, just trying to inform you.

Not so much belitting me, but belitting the people who said they did the detox and liked it and the way things are said about doing a detox. Some messages sent to me too. But I'm over it! I'm here to make me better, support the people who need it and find good people to help support me too.

Good luck to everybody.
  • mlemoignan
    mlemoignan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of rude people on here!

Regardless, I did Dr. Oz's smoothie plan for 3 days about 3 months ago with my sister. My thoughts about it? It was a lot more expensive then I had planned for (I didn't already own the vitamins, epsom salts..etc). The first day I felt fine and I was excited to try each smoothie. The breakfast smoothie was my favorite, it tasted like peanut butter & jam sandwich. The 2nd day I felt sluggish and tired and was craving solid food. My sister quit this day. The 3rd day I felt better but was still wanting to eat something solid. The 4th day when it was done I felt really good. I lost about 5bs and it was a nice way to "kick start" eating healthier. I have to be honest though, even with health eating I gained most of it back pretty quickly.

I really enjoyed starting my day with the green tea and I have continued to drink it since I like it so much. I had never tried it before doing the challenge. I also found I enjoy kale and add it to a lot of things now. And finishing each day with the epsom salt bath was really refreshing/renewing. It forced me to slow down a little.

So, my advice? Try it if you want to. There's nothing wrong with that :) But, for me personally, I probably wouldn't do it again. But hey atleast I can say I tried it before I decide to ram my beliefs about it down your throat haha
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I will tell you the state of this "community" has changed a lot. It wasn't always like this, people may say it is because of the thread topic, but just about every thread turns out like this.
  • shabeau
    shabeau Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried the three day "cleanse" because a friend suggested it. You know, we've all been there, slowly get off track,and have a hard time re-starting out good eating. I have lost over 50 lbs after all three of my pregnancies and kept the weight off for almost 10 years. ( my present weight being my pre-pregnancy weight and my senior prom weight ). I KNOW what I have to do to keep the weight off but this really helped me mentally get into healthy mode as I had slipped the past two weeks. Lets not be nasty or judgemental ladies. Maybe those who do t get this , just don't get it, but do t be mean, let's act like the supportive ladies we should and can be! I have to say, I feel great after the detox though!!!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz's name is in any way affiliated with it, run the other way. He's a charming sellout, quack, snake-oil salesman. Just because he's on TV, backed by Oprah (at least at one time) doesn't mean he has anyone's best interest at heart. Change the channel.

Eat healthier, drink lots of water, workout, track what you do. The weight will come off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hopefully people reading this will take away that detoxes aren't scientifically founded to do anything but affect one's wallet. If the 3 day detox worked don't you think a pharmaceutical company would have put dibs on it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    If Dr. Oz had the answers, he wouldn't be peddling a new miracle every week. Cleanses are unnecessary. Your body is designed to remove waste on it's own.

Start eating better and start today. Your body will be happier and you will be building new habits to take into the future.

This.

Eat foods, especially fruits and veggies, that are full of fiber and your body will naturally cleanse itself. Drink TONS of water each day. I'm talking 20+ 8 oz glasses. Get your heart rate up. Sweat. Watch sodium intake. Stay at or slightly under calories. Give. It. Your. All. That's how you lose weight. Fads come and go.

I'd also like to add that while I personally have never done any of these fad cleanses, I know people who have. They believe the cleanses only made them worse. Losing water weight won't help you in the long run. You'll just be discouraged after you eat solid foods again. It takes a long time to undo bad habits. Start small. Sub in a side salad instead of fries. Or something similar. Choose grilled chicken instead of fried. I have struggled with my weight for my entire life, but until I decided to make a change and to do whatever I have to do to accomplish that, it just wouldn't happen. My grandpa lost 70 lbs two years ago and has mostly kept it off. The man has been overweight and downright heavy MY entire 27 years of living. Him doing that changed MY mind about MY life. I KNOW you can do it. The first, and hardest, part is making the decision for CHANGE! Good luck!
  • RoseLady08
    Options
    The most logical way to cleaning and weight loss is with good eating foundations. Balanced. He does not have any starch, meaning that the body is not given the energy it needs in the right way. Imbalanced. It has lots of sugar, not good for the body. Imbalance.

Detoxing is a great idea if you know your body well see I would not go with out starch as my body would go into a mode that will cause it to store more fat next time I eat starch. Or the sugar will cause a sugar high and then a very low after.

What I would do is. Food combine, meaning that the body and liver get a break. And take a shake of his if you like, if on the run, or if I wish to do it with some meals to create cleaner bowels. As lots of fruit and vegies will. Detoxing is good but it can create imbalances and do you really need it.

My self I would detox differently for the reasons said and I would detox cause my liver does not detox properly and I know this as I am allergic to lots such as chemicals like scented products.

So for a light detox eat light, maybe miss a meal to empty bowels, eat fiber for bowel cleaning and try a few of his drinks if you like but still eat meals, and balance. Do food combining if you really want but you are young and do not look too big so perhaps not needed.

Hope this helps.:smooched:
  • SpydrrVay
    SpydrrVay Posts: 12
    Options
    Sooo...seems mostly negative (and some on almost a personal level) These people responding may not remember the very beginning of their journey, but surely don't want to discourage what ever it takes for you to start eating right. Some may have never had the stuggle, I'm sure most of them have though. Just take whatever advice you get as that, just advice :-) I understand the concept of "If I can stick with this, well then..." so just do it if it sounds good. If that kickstarts your journey then more power to you. I don't see anything wrong with a juice fast and some hot relaxing baths. Just get right to eating well balanced healthy food afterwards and drink your water everyday. I just joined 3 months ago, I've been extremely successful so far but if I'd have had some of these responses, well, I don't know if MFP would be in my life. Stick with it sister...it can change your LIFE!!
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try just eating right for 3 days and then say "Ok, I did that like nothing. Why can't I force myself to eat better on the regular?"

The reason you are receiving such harsh criticism for this personal choice is that fad diets aren't sustainable long term and most of the people who you've spoken to have been down that route before and would've saved themselves plenty of time and money had they just created a reasonable deficit, ate a balanced diet, and exercised regularly from the get go.

Its not a fad diet, its 3 days of clean eating, doesn't take anymore time or money as you feed yourself normally since all you are doing is buying normal food. I really don't understand why people are up in arms about it. And different things work for different people - maybe just eating right for 3 days doesn't work for her. It didn't for me!

If it's the same kinds of foods you normally eat and you're sticking them in a blender there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.
    And on a related note: Not an MD but was in the medical profession for a while, and trust me, there are things that build up inside your body that you really don't want there. I'm not convinced a juice fast or anything else will get rid of it but it can't hurt as long as you're getting nutritious food. Sometimes it's easier to use a structured program for a few days to get off the junk and start eating better.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

If it's the same kinds of foods you normally eat and you're sticking them in a blender there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.
    And on a related note: Not an MD but was in the medical profession for a while, and trust me, there are things that build up inside your body that you really don't want there. I'm not convinced a juice fast or anything else will get rid of it but it can't hurt as long as you're getting nutritious food. Sometimes it's easier to use a structured program for a few days to get off the junk and start eating better.

Such as? Sources? References?
  • sarab99
    Options

Sorry, didn't take photos that came out of the hospital while I was assisting with the autopsy's. Try google.
  • sarab99
    Options

By the way, where are your sources that it's bad?
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, Dr. Oz is not the answer to weight loss. Watch what you eat, get plenty of exercise and rest, and drink lots of water. There is no miracle diet pill. Just save your money.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Sorry, didn't take photos that came out of the hospital while I was assisting with the autopsy's. Try google.

Hahah

Figures. So much for your "experience" in the medical profession.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

No. That's not how it works. You made the claims, YOU supply the supporting evidence.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Instead of a 3 day cleanse, maybe try 3 days of eating very clean.

Breakfast:
    lemon water
    Green smoothie
    boiled egg

Lunch
    lean protein and salad

Dinner:
    lean protein and steamed veggies

Snacks: nuts, fruit, veggies

LOTS of water
    Add cilantro, lemon, ginger, cayenne, and parsley to your meals for detoxifying effects. Avoid processed food.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Are you talking about cancer and bullets?

Because if that's the case . . . a cleanse won't do anything.

Edit to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FX_oJ8MCTY
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Are you talking about cancer and bullets?

Because if that's the case . . . a cleanse won't do anything.

Edit to add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FX_oJ8MCTY

In the land of Oz, cancer and bullets don't exist. Duh.